PDA

View Full Version : LAX tower visit?

Binoculars
11th Mar 2007, 04:08
Hi folks, I was directed this way from R&N, so I've ventured outside my usual burrow of Jet Blast to see if anyone can help.

I'm an about to retire controller from a small procedural tower in Australia and I will be at a loose end in transit in LA on Saturday March 24 at a hotel next door to the airport. If there is anybody who can tell me who to contact to arrange a visit to the tower on that day, armed only with with my Australian Airservices photo ID card, I would be very grateful. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks all. If anyone can help the beer is on me!

Scott Voigt
13th Mar 2007, 03:46
Bino;

Since 9.11 anyone not a US citizen is difficult to get into a facility. It can be done, but normally with at least a months notice and a lot of paper work to go through Washington DC for the security bunch...

regards

Binoculars
13th Mar 2007, 13:49
OK, understood. Thanks for the response, Scott.

Nookie2nite
14th Mar 2007, 04:24
...:p .paranoia

Scott Voigt
15th Mar 2007, 12:39
Naw it gives someone else a new shiny desk to work at and do nothing, while allowing the facility manager an excuse to not have to let someone into the facility and worry about...

TrafficTraffic
18th Mar 2007, 04:55
I like the way you have to queue to enter the security check point (for an hour or so) to visit the Statue of Liberty.....oxymoron or paradox? I could never separate the two.

TT