PDA

View Full Version : School-club at Chester ?Whats happened?

robione
10th Mar 2007, 11:48
Ive only just got wind of the situation regarding Chester flying school, and it ceasing trading.I am highly saddened at the news{old as it may be but news to me}.Ive been out of flying for about 4 yrs and im pretty much behind the curve,but im thinking of gaining a NPPL, and Chester would have been on my list.Is there another school risen from the ashes there?ANYBODY got any info for me ? please.Whats happened there?Whats become of the owner Geoff ? what about Ian Sixsmith[top bloke him]Gave me my first ever job instructing there.What about John Green the long term instructor? Any info will be gladly recieved.:confused:

maxdrypower
10th Mar 2007, 12:12
I work at hawarden matey , as far as im aware the flying school is still there and i believe johhn green is runnig it but it is not called cfs anymore . I am not actually there for a few weeks but if you havent got your answers by then post again and ill walk over and ask . Ian sixsmith I think is still recovering from the crash he was in i certainly havent seen him there since . JOhn green and the pa38s are all there and operating , id give them a call and see

robione
10th Mar 2007, 12:22
tried calling the number is dead.The old website is still up with the old number but its dead.Well thats good news in your reply thats its up and running in Johns hands.He,s a good egg is John,always falling asleep in the armchairs in the clubhouse turn your back 2 secs and he was asleep hahah.So just need the new number now if anyone can supply it.Thanks for your help Maxdrypower.Inciddently what do you do at Hawarden ?

maxdrypower
10th Mar 2007, 12:31
ill give my colleauges a ring and see , i work for the police air support mate, try giving hawarden air services a ring i havent got the number but they provided handling for cfs

robione
10th Mar 2007, 15:10
thanks maxdrypower, i will try them monday.:)

maggioneato
11th Mar 2007, 12:04
I understand from one of the ex Instructors, CFS has closed, NWCAS have taken over the AOC and are doing some flight training, John has gone to Sleap, but have since been told he has gone part time to Welshpool. Don't know about Ian, and my guess is Geoff is in the Pub more.

WALSue
11th Mar 2007, 12:34
I've noticed a couple of occasions there is a small ad in the Wirral Globe/ Brikenhead news from someone offering flying lessons out of Hawarden.

robione
12th Mar 2007, 00:54
NWCAS ? Please let me know who they are,and Walsue that phone number would be good to get hold of if u still have it thanks m8:)

maggioneato
12th Mar 2007, 09:11
robione. I too am looking for an alternative place to fly as the strip I fly from has been waterlogged for the last 5 months. All I know is that NWCAS is the maintenance facility that has been there for years, I have intended taking myself out there to see if I could find it, as I haven't been able to trace a phone number, and have been unable to find a listing with directory enquiries. I left flying from Hawarden 5 years ago. Will get back to you if any more info, in the meantime have emailed a friend for a contact number. I live just down the road a few miles from you so Hawarden is so convienient.

The reason I couldn't find it is because I had the name wrong, it's NWMAS. 01244 530020. I haven't tried ringing them, so good luck.

robione
12th Mar 2007, 11:30
Just got off the phone from them,and they sound like a nice bunch.Ex -instructor from C.F.S called Simon i spoke too.
A/C
4 Tommy Bombers
1 Warrior
1 T.B. 10
Much the same set-up as C.F.S although nothing to do with it.Ive decided im gonna wait till we get a bit nearer summer go down and have a look around,Simon was kind enough to invite me to go have a good look at the place.They appear to be about £10 hr less than the old CFS rates on the Tommy Bombers,so got to be worth a look,its local and i love Chester/Hawarden airfield.

Maggioneato.
wheres the strip u fly out of ?
Never tried it ,but sounds interesting,tell me a bit more m8 if u are up for sharing info.

maggioneato
12th Mar 2007, 13:02
robione. Check your PMs.

ariel
12th Mar 2007, 16:49
Robione
Please check your PMs
ariel

FireDragon
13th Mar 2007, 15:38
I can also echo the sentiments on here about John Green,very good instructor. Believe that Ian Sixsmith was injured in a crash a while back, but thought he may still have been doing groundschool