PDA

View Full Version : Joining A French Aeroclub

robinpiper
9th Mar 2007, 23:49
I have recently purchased a house in Bernay, France. Having found a local airfield nearby I was hoping to become a member of their aeroclub. Does anybody have any information on how to apply for membership of the FNA?

On a brief visit to the airfield I was met by two French guys who seem pretty infusiastic when I enquired about their DR400's and produced my JAA PPL but my bad French and their limited English prevented me understanding the required formalities.

I would be grateful to here from anybody who knows of a English speaking contact at the Aeroclub Bernay or has experience in joining a French Aeroclub.

Justiciar
10th Mar 2007, 07:27
Why dont you contact the guy at this web site: http://webvivant.com/index.php

He has some connection with the Aeroclub d'Andaines. He used to have an english language site for the club but that doesn't appear to be there any more.

CBG
10th Mar 2007, 08:08
There should be absolutely no problem for you to join the Bernay flying club. I should know - I have been flying there for a good 5 years, I keep my Yak at Bernay and I am on the Board of the flying club (I joined 4 years ago on the basis of my UK PPL). Fact: we have the cheapest CAP10 and Cub in France. Let's get in touch!

http://www.mayeticvillage.fr/QuickPlace/aeroclubbernay/Main.nsf/h_Toc/ED7036262F5436F8C1256D43006BF8B2/?OpenDocument

LH2
10th Mar 2007, 09:32
Does anybody have any information on how to apply for membership of the FNA?

The club will give you a form to fill in, you will give them back the completed form and €56 (cash or cheque), and they will send it all to the FNA for you.

All you need is to get you someone who can translate and speak to the aeroclub again. Good luck. :)

Adrian N
10th Mar 2007, 11:37
When the club gives you the form from the FFA (ex FNA), you will see that you only have the choice of ticking the box for membership + subscription to their monthly magazine "Info Pilote". No point in the latter if you don't speak French, and not much point in it if you do. You should cross out the "+ Info Pilote" bit, and hand over a cheque for less than is printed on the form. The club will tell you how much.

The FFA membership gives you little worth having, but as the vast majority of clubs are still affiliated you have to join.

Mixed Up
10th Mar 2007, 18:55
... I was met by two French guys who seem pretty infusiastic ... but my bad French and their limited English ...

I was just reaching for my dictonary when it clicked!