PDA

View Full Version : RAeS Medals

Pilotage
5th Mar 2007, 17:57
I hope that I may be allowed a bit of an announcement.

For anybody who isn't aware, the Royal Aeronautical Society, which is the worlds oldest and arguably most prestigious professional aviation society issues a series of awards each year. They are for overall achievement in any field of aerospace - and can be awarded to anybody, they don't necessarily have to be either British, or a member of the RAeS. There are details here (http://www.raes.org.uk/cmspage.asp?cmsitemid=MAS_MA_Introduction) of the various awards.

The RAeS' General Aviation Group (formerly the light aviation group) would like to co-ordinate nominations for awards for the most deserving candidates from across the GA world. I've been asked to co-ordinate this activity.

So, if you would like to suggest anybody, probably an aviation professional in some field of GA, who you think is especially deserving of one of these awards - we'd love to hear from you. Whilst I'll obviously read this thread, the best thing to do is Email me at [email protected] with details of:

- Who you are
- Who you are nominating
- Their achievements in aviation / aerospace.

We'll then try and prioritise the nominations that we get, get back to you if we need some more information, and then put forward the best cases to the main society medals and awards committee.

Guy Gratton
Vice Chairman, RAeS General Aviation Group