PDA

View Full Version : Visiting a NATS Establishment

slimjim81
5th Mar 2007, 11:03
Hello everybody,

I am through to the third stage of recruitment for a trainee ATCO. The emails I received for the first two stages both said 'there is no need to visit a NATS establishment at this stage'. However the email for the third stage doesn't say this. I see that as a strong sign that I should.

I have just rung NATS recruitment to get the telephone number for Manchester Area Control Centre in order to arrange a visit. The lady told me that they do not offer visits for security purposes.

Reading through the archive on this forum, I see that there have been lots of requests to visit various control centres. Am I being fobbed off?

Is there anyone from Manchester here that could help me out? If not I am willing to travel, maybe Birmingham?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

BigBoeing
5th Mar 2007, 13:44
yes definitly arrange a visit. Ring the watch manager directly, im sure someone on here can give you the number. I rang them and they were more than happy to show me round. Just explain why you would like to visit and im sure you'll get a visit.

hangten
5th Mar 2007, 15:27
see a tower too! :ok:

Defruiter
5th Mar 2007, 15:28
I visited MACC a couple of times during the application process - Had no problems organising it...

katie84
5th Mar 2007, 15:34
visited macc last year aswell, although i had contacts, but i am sure someone might pm you and arrange a visit if you ask nicely enough, i have had a few offers for visits to lacc. good luck, although to be honest, i wouldnt say that it was a necessity for you to visit, although it can have its beneficial points, they dont really question you on it! so dont panic if you cant arrange a visit!

Cheers

Katie