PDA

View Full Version : Ryan pan

Sallymo
4th Mar 2007, 15:48
I've heard pan call from ryan a few days ago late at night over germany. They said "suspect bomb in a hand luggage".
What happened?

Sobelena
4th Mar 2007, 16:03
I understand they diverted to CGN. Left around 04:00 minus one pondlife pax.

foxyankee
4th Mar 2007, 16:45
thy Ryanair landed at Cologne (EDDK).

Nothing found ane the young polish guy has to continue his travel on his own.

By the way: 13 Pax (thirteen!) on board of this evening-service to Stansted!

http://www.expatica.com/actual/article.asp?subchannel_id=52&story_id=37076

kingair9
4th Mar 2007, 20:18
Person was released from Police (after ident process) against EUR 400 deposit. Trial will follow but he can await it at home...

:ugh:

boredcounter
4th Mar 2007, 20:41
I guess it would take many lifetimes for this person to repay the cost of the divert. Still 400 Euros is a start

Global Pilot
5th Mar 2007, 16:45
I understand the passenger in question refused to stop using his mobile phone following a number of requests from the cabin crew. He then made a verbal warning that there was a bomb on board.

Following the recent well publicised security threat to a Ryanair aircraft enroute from Beauvais to Dublin the chief pilot issued a flight crew instruction of what action was to be taken by the captain in the event of an inflight bomb warning. The pan call and subsequent divert into Koln/Bonn was probably the outcome of the crew following this instruction. The passener being offloaded, recieving a fine, possible future trial and a lifelong ban on travel with Ryanair is more then just reward for the disruption caused to the Ryanair schedule, crew and fellow passengers.

I say "Well done Skip- good decision!"