PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics & CPL near West London?

Canuck Spin
2nd Mar 2007, 15:36
Hi all,

I've just moved away from my regular airfield to the Western extremes of London. Of course I've been checking alot of websites and (when I get settled with some time) will visit a few airfields but...

Does anyone have any personal information and feelings/suggestions about an airfield in the area that has a decent aerobatic aircraft for hire (at a reasonable rate - Extra 300s are out the question despite my heart skipping a beat at the mention of them!). I've been flying the T67M recently and before that have flown Bulldogs/Grob 115E/152 aerobat (hmmm!). Looking for something interesting and fun (very specific aren't I!?!).

Additional preferences are:
1. A nice atmosphere as would love to get involved in a club (never have to date but think it is time to put apprehensions aside and try and get in there!). Or even a sports flyers club or strong-contingent of aero enthusiasts who are open and welcoming would be great!
2. Possibly a club that can also train for my CPL later this year (although travelling further for that is not important so feel free to disregard!)

Thanks to you all!
CS :ok:

BEagle
2nd Mar 2007, 16:09
Try West London Aero Club at White Waltham?

Canuck Spin
2nd Mar 2007, 16:34
Thanks BEagle!
I guess you're talking about the Pitts they have for hire on the website at WLAC - I'm sure that would certainly make things more interesting and is a sure step up! I hope it is the 2 seater version though as enjoy taking friends etc. up.

I have read only good things about the atmosphere of the club on here too so that's all pointing to positive things....

Bandit650
2nd Mar 2007, 18:05
Am a member at WLAC and its an excellent place. They have it all.
Only wish there was a few younger members like myself (I'm 36..get my drift?!)