PDA

View Full Version : an indirect non-precison approach

alpergokgoz
1st Mar 2007, 18:51
if there is no direct approach for a vor-dme approch and holding minima is 6000 feet and traffic is holding over that vor not reported the runway insight can we clear that traffic for a vor-dme approach ?:ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

Chilli Monster
1st Mar 2007, 21:27
Only if there is a laid down, published approach procedure based on that VOR/DME combination.

Many VOR/DME approaches consist of a hold and approach commencing from the facility - not just straight in approaches via arc's / RNAV positioning.

discountinvestigator
4th Mar 2007, 23:03
The approach must be in AIP Turkey which I seem to remember is issued on CD quite regularly.

This procedure must be approved for use and it should have been flight inspected by the navaid calibrators and also the procedure design flight check organisation. There are some twin business jets in Turkey used for this.

You must have a procedural approach licence issued by Turkish CAA in order to give the clearance. You must have been trained in the local application. The ATC procedure must exist and have been risk assessed and approved by the CAA.

The runway must also be licenced for non precision approaches. This has certain requirements over a standard visual runway.

Send me a private message if you need to know more. I have not worked in Turkey for a couple of years, but I do know the system!

alpergokgoz
5th Mar 2007, 12:44
a)we have a runway which has an indirect approach and there is no radar service for our terminal control area ( only 7 nm !! ) since 1954.pilots always argue with us about that they claim that we cannot give approach clearance unless runway reported insight by the p/i/c when they cross the i/a/f.in contrary we give such clearance and we expect an extra manuevre from pilots to align their aircraft to the runway when they report runway insight i.e an orbit to the right or go around and enter traffic circuit or reguest visual approach instead of executing vor/dme. which one is true ?

b)the worst thing is now our vor has a notification that it cannot be used between some degrees and altitudes (between 100 and 240 degrees and 00000-18000 feet until 7 dme to vor) so runway heading is 114-284. can we still use it for an approach ?

c)we don't have a circling approach guidance lights only simple approach lights , no radar service , no airspace classification ,can we clear circling approach for that runway at night.because if they miss the base turn or extend downwind we cannot guarantee the terrain clearance .
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :O

BurglarsDog
5th Mar 2007, 12:51
Nice!!

Sounds like a can of worms!!

I suggest you PM/ the DI ASAP

Good Luck

DogGone:ok: