PDA

View Full Version : Where to for a IRI-Rating?

Fellow Aviator
1st Mar 2007, 16:04
Like the title says, any recomendations for a good school are needed. It can be anywhere within the JAR zone. Please write also about places that shouldn't be the first choise. Thanks for any input!

18greens
1st Mar 2007, 18:43
Barkston Heath. You will not be dissapointed.

Whopity
8th Mar 2007, 20:59
Do you mean a stand alone IRI rating, or the addition of IRI privileges to an existing FI rating?

Whilst most approved FI Course providers in the UK can offer the latter, there is not much call for the former. In addition, if you wish to exercise standalone IRI privileges on a ME Aeroplane you also need to be a CRI (ME)

S-Works
8th Mar 2007, 21:37
I did mine with On-Track at Wellesbourne. Superb bunch.

The IRI course is the same regardless of whether it is on an FI or CRI and as whoppity points out to teach it ME you must also have a CRI ME.

Whopity
9th Mar 2007, 07:42
No it is not the same!

You have to do the core teaching and learning course for the stand alone IRI, the flying course is twice the length and the pre-entry requirements are different!

And not all FTOs have an approved stand alone IRI course.

S-Works
9th Mar 2007, 11:37
I think you are confusing having the Instrument restriction removed from an FI rating and IRI. I stand to be corrected but an FI who wants to become an IR Instructor not an IMC Instructor must have completed the IRI and hold a valid IR. An FI who does not have an IR can have the Instrument restriction removed but only teach IMC.

BillieBob
9th Mar 2007, 15:13
I stand to be corrected..... ....and corrected you will be.

To give instruction for the IR, you must either hold an FI rating with the applied IF restriction removed or a stand-alone IRI rating. In both cases you must also hold a valid IR.

The only difference between the requirements for an FI to instruct for the IMC rating and the IR is the requirement to hold the rating for which instruction is given (i.e. the IR).

This, of course, relates only to the requirements in the UK

Whopity
9th Mar 2007, 18:08
No I am not confused, its all in JAR-FCL 1.395 for the stand alone IRI and JAR-FCL 1.330 (d) for the FI with IRI privileges.

unfazed
10th Mar 2007, 19:55
Did mine at Stapleford

The instructor was pedantic, persistent, picky and regimented

Exactly all of the qualities that I now know are necessary to maintain safety and produce the goods !

Thank you Keith

Sleeve Wing
16th Mar 2007, 16:41
"The instructor was pedantic, persistent, picky and regimented
Exactly all of the qualities that I now know are necessary to maintain safety and produce the goods !"

Exactly all the qualities the CAA require ! ...and good for future self-discipline.

Groom for stardom - well done, Keith. :ok:

Fellow Aviator
20th Mar 2007, 00:09
Ok guys, thanks for your replies. To clarify I have an unrestricted FI(A) and also hold an IR. Not looking for CRI priviledges, yet.

The course shouldn't be a big deal since all the pedagogic stuff was done on the FI course. In my understanding there is some theory and five hours of teaching training that can be done in a FNPT.

What could the current market price be for this?

152wiseguy
20th Mar 2007, 06:26
Should be able to do it for about 2000 - 2500 euros. As you're in Scandinavia why no try Salpauslento in Helsinki. try mailing: [email protected]