PDA

View Full Version : How many licences?

FlapsOne
28th Feb 2007, 17:24
Learned colleagues

Is it permissable under JAR FCL to hold more than 1 professional licence? At first glance I cannot see anything stopping it.

eg 1 x UK JAR and 1 x German JAR ATPL.

This would get round the current ludicrous situation whereby a UK TRE cannot sign a German (french, swiss and 1 or 2 others) JAR licence, although he can actually carry out a LPC renewal / revalidation, he cannot physically sign the licence (under german law!).

Interestingly, A German (or any other JAR member of course) TRE can sign a UK JAR licence!

Your thoughts as ever appreciated...

QNH 1013
28th Feb 2007, 17:52
In the United Kingdom I believe it is legal to do anything unless there is a law saying you can't. I understand some other countries prefer the more controlling system where you can only do something if their law says you can.
SSo my suggestion would be to just go ahead.

Whopity
28th Feb 2007, 23:26
JAR-FCL 1.065 (e) An applicant shall hold only one JAR-FCL licence (aeroplane) and only one medical certificate at any time.

When it becomes EASA FCL they will be able to sign as it will be EU Law.

FlapsOne
3rd Mar 2007, 14:52
Thank You.

I don't particularly share the view about EASA. I think it may create more problems than it solves and already there are alleged opt outs of sub part Q (UK CAA for one).............................but that's another deate!