PDA

View Full Version : ARFF Response times

machman777
28th Feb 2007, 11:10
Could anyone advise if the requirement in Hong Kong & China for the maximum time for Airport Rescue & Fire Fighting to be in attendance to an aircraft is 3 minutes ( as it is in Australia) ?
Also in the event of an evacuation on the runway, is there such thing as a command post ( a blue flashing light ) where you should direct passengers to , away from the aircraft? ( this is available in Australia).

discountinvestigator
4th Mar 2007, 23:10
You will find the answer to the response requirements through some research in ICAO Annex 14 Chapter 9. You will then have to look at the AIP for Hong Kong SAR to see in GEN 1.7 if there are any filed differences to Annex 14 of relevance (there are some but I cannot remember).

Australian domestic airports do not have the three minute response time. I have worked at one with a 15 minute response time, and they can take 767s into that destination and have several 320s a day.

The ICAO standard makes reference to the first half of the foam flingers being there in 3 minutes and the recommended practice is 2 minutes.

I have most of this information around in the office somewhere, so if you need to know more, PM me.