PDA

View Full Version : MANSTON

Pages : 1 [2]

blazing_air
17th Apr 2007, 11:33
i guess this news kinda blows your theory out of the water catflaps.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6562965.stm
This is really bad news for the guys down there as a lot of them picked up jobs at Lydd after leaving KIA after the sad old bad old days of the eujet collapse.

Manston Airport
17th Apr 2007, 12:45
Newmarket have added a further flight to Verona in June, the first two have sold out. They have 6 flights in total so far in 2007 (Malta, Naples and 4x Verona).

Kent Escapes are selling well, with one flight sold out already.

Well thats good news on the passager side it might not be a lot but its something, Has the Cargolux 747 landed at all today?

Regards
James

EGMH
17th Apr 2007, 14:27
The CargoLux flight from Accra is due around 9PM this evening.

Hope the Lydd guys find some new employment ASAP. Know a few that went down there after EuJet went belly up.

Also some year on year Cargo Tonne figures to show its going in the right direction

Oct 05 1,690 Oct 06 2,509
Nov 05 1,344 Nov 06 2,988
Dec 05 1,427 Dec 06 3,052
Jan 06 1,388 Jan 07 2,823
Feb 06 1,338 Feb 07 2,408
Mar 06 1,474 Mar 07 2,431

Jes
17th Apr 2007, 17:13
The hot weather certainly brought the silly season forward, with all the experts' assertions now crumbling to dust. Unfortunately jobs have gone too.

The Cargolux-deniers have been proved wrong; it was good to see the white mini-bus with Luxembourg plates in the village today.

I understand that serious consideration is being given to extending the runway. There are other big freight contracts being actively worked on.

The only downside is the loss of MKA128 on Sundays, which is now going to Ostend. Am I right in assuming that the EgyptAir flight is enough for forwarders' requirements on a Sunday?

Herne Bay
17th Apr 2007, 17:58
I see kent Escapes are selling seats for only £19 return SEAT SALE TO FARO & ALICANTE! for some dates in may this will fill the planes up in the run up to the the main holiday season.

catflaps
17th Apr 2007, 18:42
"i guess this news kinda blows your theory out of the water catflaps."

On the contrary. It seems pretty clear to me that this is a tactic to ramp up pressure on the local planning authority. Zak Deir says that he doesn't have the luxury of waiting indefinitely for planning permission for his new runway and terminal. I think they'll give him the green light as soon as the elections are out of the way.

Hangar_9
17th Apr 2007, 19:28
Comment on a previous post about extending the MSE runway?

Why in the world would the runway here at Manston need extending if a cargolux 744 can land there? What else of significantly bigger size are they expecting? :eek:

Anyway care to expand:
"There are other big freight contracts being actively worked on"?

EGMH
17th Apr 2007, 19:35
The current 2752m of runway is fine for inbound loads but insufficient for long haul outbound loads of say the 747-400F.

function
17th Apr 2007, 19:37
Is it something to do with a fully laden B747 (cargo and fuel) needing more length to take off ?????
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are most aircraft out of Manston ferrying out or only carrying a part load ?

Herne Bay
17th Apr 2007, 20:27
I know before xmas fully loaded MK 747's were going out to tripoli with oil drilling stuff.

Ad C
17th Apr 2007, 20:33
[quote]
£19 return SEAT SALE TO FARO & ALICANTE! for some dates in may this will fill the planes up

And if people like what they see they may come back or spread the word

Manston Airport
17th Apr 2007, 21:56
I understand that serious consideration is being given to extending the runway. There are other big freight contracts being actively worked on.

Cool :ok: But is there a problem here if they expand, rwy 10 they would need to move the slip road which can be done I think and for rwy 28 there the main road but I see there's a big cap between the two so thats the only bit I see can be made longer but it means passing the Village oh well:E

Regards
James

Jes
17th Apr 2007, 22:22
No roads have to be moved to accommodate a runway extension. 500m can easily be added: the only problem might be planning permission.

Infratil plays things close to its chest. There has been no announcement regarding the Cargolux/Ghana contract, so why should anyone say more on here about other work? I know of two major possibilities, but will not say a word unless and until they are firmed up. Posters who work for Infratil are in a better position to give the facts.

niknak
17th Apr 2007, 23:42
The only problem might be planning permission

How quaint:rolleyes: :eek:

The only problem might be how they are going to fund it...

Just in case you hadn't noticed, Manston's owners are getting very little return on their current investment, a 500m runway extension would cost them the best part of £3m by the time it's all done.... and for what?

An extension isn't needed and as things stand, considering the money theyve spent for no return, it's unlikely that Infratil will still be there in 12 months time.

Manston Airport
18th Apr 2007, 01:14
An extension isn't needed and as things stand, considering the money theyve spent for no return, it's unlikely that Infratil will still be there in 12 months time.

It is need if they want to get big aircraft taking off heavy loaded:ok: They might need it one day for the A380F if its flys from MSE;) And I say in 24 months Infratil will still be at MSE maybe with more cargo airlines in.

Regards
James

weevhearditb4
18th Apr 2007, 07:22
James

Indeed they might well be, but not until they have sorted out the following;

Dealt with the discharge consent (into Pegwell Bay)
Relocated the BFI no1 (as its a threat to Thanets groundwater)
Sort out the main runway drainageTalk of runway extensions and playing cards hard to the chests hardly equates to working with the community - and lets not forget the bigger picture the local authority is still awaiting the business plan to move on the substaintially delayed 106 agreement. Talking of business plans... Catflaps has any EIR taken place for Manston?

Andy_S
18th Apr 2007, 07:38
Jeez there's a lot of froth here at the moment.

How much would a runway extension cost? Not just the actual infrastructure works, but putting it through the planning and approval process? And how much extra business would MSE gain as a result? How many years would it take Infratil to recoup their investment?? Would they ever??

I would suggest that when it comes to prioritising investment at MSE, Infratil won't consider this too seriously.

p.s. I thought the A380F was pretty much a dead duck following FedEx's cancellation.

toptrumps
18th Apr 2007, 09:23
The runway extension would be needed as an overrun for an aborted takeoff of a fully laden B744

Put together the talk of runway extensions and new cargo buisness it dont take much figuring out

Catflaps will no doubt disagree with my statement but employees of Infratil have no reason to worry about the closure of Manston as this is not going to happen in the near future

Big talks with big airlines watch and see

All takes tinme but will payoff in the coming years

Andy_S
18th Apr 2007, 10:01
The runway extension would be needed as an overrun for an aborted takeoff of a fully laden B744
You miss my point.
I realise you're one of the airports local fans, but sometimes you need to take your enthusiasts hat off and think about these things rationally.
Infratil are a business. They don't just embark on major projects like this on a whim. They need to justify the investment in financial terms, and that means getting a return on their investment.
My gut feel is that a 500m runway extension, with all that entails, would cost the thick end of £5m. Is that really going to attract sufficient extra business to justify the investment? What additional revenue would be generated as a result? If such an extension generates an extra £50,000 a year, for example, it will take 100 years to pay for itself. That's not going to be an attractive proposition for Infratil.

Jes
18th Apr 2007, 10:09
My view is that Toptrumps is a well-informed (he gave us the Cargolux story) employee of the airport, and should be listened to carefully.

£50,000 extra revenue a year from a £5m investment is obviously a non-runner, but where did that figure come from? They're looking at the extension seriously, so there are obviously big contracts out there. One of the two I know of would justify the investment on its own.

Andy_S
18th Apr 2007, 10:37
£50,000 was a guess on my part. I don't know what the landing fees are for a 747 at MSE, but I bet they're not huge. If someone better informed than me could indicate the revenue that Infratil achieve from a single freight movement then I could be more precise. My gut feel, though, is that you would need to attract a s***load of new business to get a decent rate of return on investing in a runway extension. And I'm not talking an additional flight every other day.
But maybe you will. We shall see.

Manston Airport
18th Apr 2007, 12:24
My view is that Toptrumps is a well-informed (he gave us the Cargolux story) employee of the airport, and should be listened to carefully.

Yes Toptrumps is a good guy I take his post Series I like it he say there in talk with big airlines (wonder who they are, do you mean passager or cargo?) I see that on the KIA website it says the Kent escape flights will be operated by a 165 seater MD-83 aircraft and all passengers will receive in-flight service, which includes a meal. Sounds Great KIA is starting to build up.

Regards
James

ChrisGr31
18th Apr 2007, 13:36
I haven't a clue how much Manston charge for landing fees, however a Google search reveals this page http://www.kembleatc.com/landing.htm giving fees for landing at Kemble. They may provide a very rough guide.

If a runway extension costs £3 million and the operator wants their money back in 5 years then thats £600,000 pa (assumming no interest) or £1,644 per day assumming 365 days a year.

This may or mayy not be helpful!

It does appear that the owners of Manston are going about the recovery of the airport the correct way, and are making slow and steady progress. I would imagine that as time passes the recovery will speed up, until the airport builds up a momentum of its own.

Manston Airport
18th Apr 2007, 17:08
I alos hear that its not the runway they want too do they also want an upgrade of its ILS system to Category 3 (currently Cat 1)but they can do this until the near-by road system has been sorted out, as any lorries or high vehicles would interupt with the glideslope system, resulting in a/c being told that another plane was on the approach path or runway http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/images/smilies/eek.gif!

Regards
James

EGMH
18th Apr 2007, 18:41
KENT International Airport at Manston has announced a strong freight performance for the first quarter of 2007.

The airport handled 7,841 tonnes of freight in January, February and March compared to 4,182 tonnes in the same period in 2006 – a year on year rise of nearly 100 per cent.

Link (http://www.kent-online.co.uk/news/default.asp?article_id=31856&startrecord=-1.#IND)

Jes
18th Apr 2007, 18:59
Just looked at some earlier years for comparison

2004 10,176
2003 8,882

2005 was, of course, after Martin May had banished freight.

Hangar_9
18th Apr 2007, 20:12
You say 2004 was very good? how many flights a week at that point?

trumpcard
18th Apr 2007, 23:07
Guys don't get too hung up over costs. Look for added value , this is what Infratil do.
Buy an asset for £10m spend £5m asset now valued at £20m.
Leaves plenty of time and borowing potential to build a revenue stream to further enhance value.
Good luck to them they will succeed.

Andy_S
19th Apr 2007, 09:50
Look for added value , this is what Infratil do. Buy an asset for £10m spend £5m asset now valued at £20m.
Oh well, that's easy then. All Infratil have to do is spend £100m at Manston on something or other and - hey presto - the airport is suddenly worth £220m!!
Of course it's not. Once again, a fundamental lack of understanding. Costs ARE important, because a business like Infratil needs to achieve a return on their investment. If the cost of investment against the likely return is too high, then it's going to be a non-starter.
Investment only results in added value if it delivers permanent and sustainable improvements in revenue and profitability. With specific regard to the rumoured runway extension, if it cost a few thousand pounds then it would be a no brainer. But if, as I suspect, it costs several million, then undertaking such a project will need to generate a significant amout of extra business in order to be viable. If it doesn't, then there's no value added at all.

catflaps
19th Apr 2007, 15:53
"..but they can do this until the near-by road system has been sorted out"

That near-by road system happens to be the only road in and out of Ramsgate. You can't close it and replacing it with an alternative route would take many years. If that's what's needed to upgrade the ILS you've got a long, long wait.

Manston Airport
19th Apr 2007, 21:59
That near-by road system happens to be the only road in and out of Ramsgate. You can't close it and replacing it with an alternative route would take many years. If that's what's needed to upgrade the ILS you've got a long, long wait.

You could if you moved it a bit.The road passing the airport onto that field:ok:

James:E

undiemole
20th Apr 2007, 07:54
A team from Barratts visited the airport area this week, and no its wasn't to check if they could park thier helicopter there....:ooh:

deedave
20th Apr 2007, 08:16
Been away for a bit.......

Amazed to see the old rumour about runway extension.

This ones as old as the hills - nice to see it still doing the rounds....

Old rumours never die, they simply get recycled.

PS.....If I were an Infratil institutional investor (manager of a pension fund for example), I think the notion of blowing yet more money on a runway extension would have me reaching for the heart attack pills!!!

Put the pills away lads, I don't think it's happening.

Manston Airport
20th Apr 2007, 11:56
A team from Barratts visited the airport area this week, and no its wasn't to check if they could park thier helicopter there....:ooh:

Dont you think they where there working with the Airport on the new homes that are being built nearby?

James

catflaps
20th Apr 2007, 17:11
Barrats aren't building the houses that you're talking about. So, if they were at the airport it wasn't for that reason.

weevhearditb4
20th Apr 2007, 17:13
James

No wrong company, its Glesson with another company that is building the Westwood Cross homes nearby (subject to GOSE's approval that is).

On the subject of the runaway extension a former planning officer at TDC indicated that the road going through Manston airport could be closed when the new access road was finally built.

I must reiterate that any planning consideration would be problematic for any developer as Thanets underground water supply is a major factor when any development takes place at Manston or in the imediate vicinity.

Another factor to consider is that Manston has never had an EIA anyway which is going to be very expensive...of which will have to take place in any re-deveoplment at Manston airport or non airport related.

Manston Airport
20th Apr 2007, 21:25
Thank you chaps I am sure we will find out soon why they where at MSE and they where not there too build homes on MSE.

Another factor to consider is that Manston has never had an EIA anyway which is going to be very expensive...

Whats an EIA?

Regards
James

weevhearditb4
21st Apr 2007, 00:29
James

An Environmental Impact Assessment of which the Lydd owners did when dealing with their airport expansion plan. They did a very thorough one.

Manston has never had one.

deedave
21st Apr 2007, 04:49
I see in my absence that Kent Escapes have had to resort to flogging return seats for 19 quid - presumably an attempt to get a load factor which won't look too embarrassing.

By my calculations they have had around 12,000 return seats on sale for a year or so, and they haven't managed to fill 'em.

These are popular destinations, and this capacity amounts to around 00.65% of the supposed catchment population (discounting the London claims).

This is very, very, very bad.

catflaps
21st Apr 2007, 07:12
Hi Manston Airport,

In response to the rumour that Barratts had been visiting the airport:

12:56 Friday "Dont you think they where there working with the Airport on the new homes that are being built nearby?"

When it was pointed out that the nearby homes are being built by Carillion:

22:25 Friday "Thank you chaps I am sure we will find out soon why they where at MSE and they where not there too build homes"

The first response suggests that you don't know why they were there. The second response suggests that you do. Care to elaborate? My bet would be that they want to build an estate on the Northern Grass. Beginning of the end methinks.

Throat
21st Apr 2007, 07:25
re the flights we are ONLY TALkING a few flights at the begining , in MAY!

Twitcher
21st Apr 2007, 07:46
deedave,
I see Ryanair are selling 5 million seats from £10 on their site. Maybe they are doomed too. I thought they were such a well run airline.
Oh, then again maybe it is just a way of getting publicity?
They may be popular destinations but a lot of people aren't keen on booking the packages they are offering, flight only deals will suit a lot more people.

deedave
21st Apr 2007, 08:51
High-capacity lo-co selling cheap seats is normal.

Miniscule capacity charter doing the same is desperation.

Anyone who really believes there is pax potential at MSE would have expected all seats to be sold months ago.

If you belive in pax potential, you would have expected it too.

Sorry mate, you can't have it both ways.......

Jes
21st Apr 2007, 08:53
I was in the President Hotel in Cape Town a few years ago. I got in the lift, and the other occupant said to me "Which floor do you want?" Without even turning round to look at him I said "Third please, Patrick." I then did look at him, and said "Ooh, sorry." He smiled. It was his voice, that I hadn't heard for years, that was absolutely distinctive. Yes, it was Patrick Allen.

Funny how rumours about Cargolux are dismissed, but alleged sightings of Barratts presage the end of the northern grass.

The local plan does not include housing in that area. The Westwood housing development, with building spread over many years, is causing the council enough headaches.

Sorry boys: Manston is powering ahead as an airport.

snarfel
21st Apr 2007, 09:38
DAS Air Cargo apparently doesn’t come back to MSE.
Libyan charter carrier Gulf Pearl Airlines intends to commence a regular weekly freighter service from its home base Tripoli in Libya to Ostend, Belgium. Departing every Monday, the flight will be operated with a DC10-30 freighter, wet-leased from DAS Air Cargo. A trucking link will be established between Heathrow to connect with the service. (April 2, 2007). The first DAS-flight for Pearl will start on April 22.
Also on April 22, a first weekly flight to Lagos will start from Ostend on behalf of Nigerian carrier Allied Air Cargo with DAS Air flight numbers, since Allied Air has always been narrowly associated with DAS.
On the other hand, already since September 2006 Gemini Air Cargo is operating from Ostend twice a week on behalf of DAS Air.

Herne Bay
21st Apr 2007, 11:00
Re the cheap flights.
I think this is excellent news
For any one wishing to make use of it, Great for the airport.
All the holiday firms do very cheap offers early and late season.
fills the car park, fills the planes.
I am off to west Ireland next week, to knock, which has a catchment smaller the MSE

Manston Airport
21st Apr 2007, 13:09
Hi Manston Airport,

In response to the rumour that Barratts had been visiting the airport:

12:56 Friday "Dont you think they where there working with the Airport on the new homes that are being built nearby?"

When it was pointed out that the nearby homes are being built by Carillion:

22:25 Friday "Thank you chaps I am sure we will find out soon why they where at MSE and they where not there too build homes"

The first response suggests that you don't know why they were there. The second response suggests that you do. Care to elaborate? My bet would be that they want to build an estate on the Northern Grass. Beginning of the end methinks.

Hi Catflaps My 22:25 post was ment too mean I am sure we will find out why they where there for by one off are fellow manston working members. And when I said they where not there too build homes it was sort off saying Manston is not closeing and not have hundreds off Home built on it. But I did think would they build something for overnight stopping Pilots PS sorry if you dont understand that:\ :hmm: This £19 goes to show MSE can have LCC flights too right places:ok: Even if it is a Charter flight,

Regards
James

Jes
21st Apr 2007, 15:50
Was it the Canterbury, Ashford and Folkestone-based car dealers - importing cars from Japan to Manston - or the Thanet-based newsagents - night-flights bringing in the papers - or...?

catflaps
21st Apr 2007, 18:07
Hi Manston Airport,

I'm sure you intended to clarify matters:

"Hi Catflaps My 22:25 post was ment too mean I am sure we will find out why they where there for by one off are fellow manston working members."

However, I'm afraid I can't make head or tail of this answer either. No offence intended, but why not read what you have typed before hitting the Submit Reply button?

Hangar_9
21st Apr 2007, 19:53
The only time i will ever agree about something with catflaps....:p
I second what you say.
Sorry Manston_airport but recently your posts have become very jumbled and mixed up:\ .

Thanks
H9

tommyc2005
22nd Apr 2007, 20:27
Deedave, in your absence you also seem to have missed my post saying Kent Escapes are selling well. I can't give too much away now and didn't give anything away before, but as an indication two current passenger figures are 157 and 160, seperate routes on seperate weeks in May so not just Half Term. There is a positive reason as to why one route was missing from the offer altogether.

You also seem to miss the point of the headline grabbing £19 offer being a means of raising interest and awareness in the product by flogging off a few dead seats on the quieter opening two weeks (I suggest you have a look at XL, Mytravel etc for the same weeks - full packages including extras/taxes for under £100). Yes on the face of it the company will pay around £6 per passenger out of their own pocket because the taxes total £25ish, but this is recouped by sales of the £39 fare punters are more likely to find and still book because it is damn cheap.

Manston Airport
22nd Apr 2007, 20:34
Yeah sorry Chaps post was a bad post :\ I noticed this sorry hope it wont happen again:O

Regards
James

deedave
23rd Apr 2007, 16:26
tommyc2005 -

No, I didn't miss your post about "Kent Escapes selling well"

Over many years of Manston-watching I have learned to disregard any news about things "going well" at MSE until proven, as such reports are usually untrue.
Recently we had a few berks telling us the Virginia sales were "going well", and we all know what happened there........

However, I do not believe you fall into this category, so I will treat your observations seriously, and respond as best I can.

While the performance of Seguro/Kent Escapes in its own right is of passing interest to all of us, what matters most in the context of this thread is what it might reveal as a barometer of passenger potential at MSE.

For example, if they managed to shift 70% of their seats at full price, Seguro managers might say "Hey, that's not bad, let's give the rest away to fill the A/C up a bit and grab a headline " - and good luck to them.

However, from the airport's point of view,that 70% means they have only managed to attract 8,500 people - 00.45% of their supposed catchment population - to these extremely popular destinations at a commercial rate, and the fact that the aircraft are not full means this is the limit of the paying demand.

This airport can no longer claim to be a "fledgeling operation", and it really ought to be doing better than this by now.

Referring to the "headline-grabbing" point, the type of headline the airport wants to see isn't -

"Kent Escapes £19 givaway", but-

"Kent Escapes sold out! Extra aeroplanes chartered to cope with demand"

No-one denies that there is a small amount of paying passenger interest at MSE, and Kent Escapes can provide for this.

The trouble is, there simply isn't enough of it.

Jes
23rd Apr 2007, 18:03
I made 19 flights from Manston (18 return 1 single) during EUJet's period. 5 of the returns were leisure, all the others business.
Alicante, Faro and Palma are very popular destinations, but weekly charter flights are not. 3 flights/week to a range of destinations will do well in the summer, less so in winter.
A lot of us are waiting to spend our money on turbo-prop business flights and jet sun flights that offer flexibility.

trumpcard
24th Apr 2007, 09:30
A lot of us are waiting to spend our money on turbo-prop business flights and jet sun flights that offer flexibility.

1000% with it

TC

MDIS
24th Apr 2007, 11:13
Is an announcement imminent or do you both think this is the best strategy for MSE.

For what its worth I agree.

MDIS

catflaps
24th Apr 2007, 16:37
If you're all so convinced that this is a viable proposition, why not set it up yourselves? I'm sure there's plenty of expert technical advice available to you on this forum. All you have to do is to put some of your money where your mouth is. Personally, I think I'd have a better chance of making a return by gambling on Jade Goody becoming the next Queen of England.

tilewood
24th Apr 2007, 18:46
I wonder what impression all this incestous bickering gives
to the image of Manston?

I am sure many of you have the airport's interests at heart, but if I was
a director of Infratil or a shareholder, or perhaps a prospective airline customer reading these posts I would throw up my hands in despair.

Sometimes silence is truly golden!

Hangar_9
24th Apr 2007, 18:56
some people cant support the airport so should just quite frankly shut up.
They are the cause of argument.

Manston_airport this time please dont reply to this:ugh:

toptrumps
24th Apr 2007, 19:39
The negative members can post naff comments about the failings of manston but dont listen and let them get to us positive supporters

But if what I heard over the weekend is true and yes again info comes from a diffrent but quite reliable source we could see manston growing very quickly in a very short space of time

Cargo will always be the main source of income but there will be regional flights as well as your usual holidays to spain etc

Investment starting to be made on new equipment and later apron space

Kent escapes flights are doing great at the moment with the newmarket flights selling out rapidly rumour has it there are extra flights being added to this years schedule to cope with the newmarket demand

Keep an eye open for an increase of cargo traffic this is believed to increase rapidly over this year and next

Dont tell um pike
24th Apr 2007, 20:12
i would imagine most half sensible people reading any open forum would take a balanced view as to who might be posting and what their agenda might be.
Its certainly not that difficult to separate the facts from the made up drivel on this particular thread.:)
DTUP

Manston Airport
24th Apr 2007, 21:04
H-9 thats not nice Im ok now;) , I flew with Eujet a few times and they where above 60% full off happy passagers. All MSE needs is the right airline to the right places like Jes said A lot of us are waiting to spend our money on turbo-prop business flights and jet sun flights that offer flexibility.:D

Recently we had a few berks telling us the Virginia sales were "going well", and we all know what happened there........

Its not the right route catflaps Orlando then yeah that would work but Virginia dont work

James

catflaps
24th Apr 2007, 21:20
If we're dealing with facts can we deal with the fact that MK Airlines have been noticeable by their absence during April? One poster postulated that they were absent because engines were being changed. Another poster suggested that one regular route had been transferred back to Ostend. I remember that they were told to re-register their planes in the UK following the Halifax crash. As far as I'm aware they have only re-registered one plane to-date. Has this got something to do with their absence? Whatever the reason (and it would be nice if someone could give us some facts) it looks likely to dent the freight figures for this month.

Ad C
24th Apr 2007, 21:24
I May be wrong, but was the Virginia route not put into planning before plane station went under and therefore one that Infratil were obliged to take on?

That aside, as has been mentioned before, it is coming nearer the time when Infratil were expecting things to start 'taking off'. And the general trend for cargo is up. Recent threads also suggest passenger numbers will be good. Is this what is being waited for?

As for investment - I see the radar is still under calibration and some of the lighting is yet to be finished.

Throat
24th Apr 2007, 21:43
cf,

as before MK are still using tf-ami, however todays charter was actally a MK fame. P.S I don't think there is any requirement to place there aircraft on the UK register.

Manston Airport
25th Apr 2007, 13:57
Am I right in saying that MK are getting new engines on there 747's? I see on the news that the people who loaded the fuel on the planes are going on strike at LGW so will this mean MSE may get some planes in? I bet Oasis divert into MSE.

All the best
JAmes

honeysweetcombe
25th Apr 2007, 16:20
Catflaps. You say you use to fly with EUjet you must have been one of our annoying passengers that would moan about anything and everything because thats all you seem to do on here. Why can you not be positive and say something nice about MSE. We all want MSE to work for the future of the airport and the income it will bring to the area. It would not be nice if the same thing happens here like it has done at Lydd. I cant wait for MSE to start haveing lots of Passenger flights so that one day I can get up in the air again. Keep going MSE. :p

catflaps
25th Apr 2007, 16:34
honeysweetcombe. For the record, I have never claimed to have flown with EUjet.

Throat. I think there is a requirement for MK to re-register their planes. I have seen a copy of a letter from the local MP in which he talks about this being one of the measures imposed by the CAA following the Halifax crash. The DC8's remain registered in Ghana but cannot be used routinely in the UK. The 747's have to be transferred to the UK register. I don't know what the timeframe is for doing this, but I don't think they yet have more than one on the UK register.

Jes
25th Apr 2007, 19:12
All the usual guff over the Kent Escapes offer last week...end of civilisation as we know it etc etc...so I had a look this evening at their flight only prices for next week. Alicante and Faro, which were £19, are now £89, and Palma, which was not on offer, is now £69. Quite clearly the promotion is enabling them to maximise numbers and yield. Imagine, a travel company that knows better than some of our posters!

Other good news recently is the big increase in airliners screaming over Ramsgate on training circuits; this must be bringing in reasonable revenue, as well as being good training for ATC. Astraeus, First Choice, MK, Monarch and Oasis have all been seen in the last week or so.

Saw the Cargolux and MK on B apron together on Tuesday; very impressive, as were the skill and speed with which they were handled.

Picked up talk of another contract that's being worked on. Sounds hopeful, but let's see some flesh on it before we say more.

Manston Airport
25th Apr 2007, 21:16
Saw the Cargolux and MK on B apron together on Tuesday

Is that the old EUjet apron by the terminal?

James

toptrumps
28th Apr 2007, 09:26
Forgot to find out about this one

Who / what airline and airframe are doing the Seguro ( Kent escapes ) holiday flights this season

I believe it was LTE last year with an A320

Throat
28th Apr 2007, 11:18
as posted ealier skywings with md-83s

toptrumps
28th Apr 2007, 12:12
Ah ok

So why am I getting an Air Atlanta flight number when trying to book

Throat
28th Apr 2007, 13:12
At a guess, bacause there broker is xl Aviation

Continued on: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3253459#post3253459 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3253459#post3253459)