PDA

View Full Version : BarXH AirServices, Alberta

rmdr2
26th Feb 2007, 12:46
I am thinking of spending a few weeks training with BarXH in Alberta

Any of you guys had any experience with these guys? Good/Bad/Average?

Thanks

rmdr2

2FarNorth
27th Feb 2007, 09:19
I'm an AME so I don't know about their flying but the maintenance is good. No issues to worry about.

Medicine Hat's a nice town. Population 50,000 or so. Laid back. Enjoy yourself.

Feel free to PM if you have specific questions.

Pilot DAR
2nd Mar 2007, 20:13
I haven't flown with them, but they're fine to do business with. If I were spending my money, I'd give them some....

Pilot DAR

transient
7th Mar 2007, 14:52
The first thing you must know is that Bar XH is first and foremost a medivac/charter company. If it comes down to it Bar XH will opt to value the charter customer over the student. I know the people there very well, the maintenence is good and the admin are good people also but the training dept. needs more reliable planes especially if you are going to do some multi-IFR training. They have a Baron 55 that spends more time on jacks then it does on its wheels. The 172 is newly refurbished and looking good and the Turbo Arrow 4 is also a fun plane to fly. For your money if you want to get an IFR done go to Pro IFR in BC. Their reputation is quite impressive. Hope this helps.

altiplano
10th Mar 2007, 21:28
I would believe about 1/2 of what transient had to post on this subject.

BAR XH is a charter company. But the singles or the Baron rarely (never) do charters nor is the Baron on jacks. PRO IFR is a good school too. But they are more expensive so it will take more of your money. They are also about 1200 km away from Medicine Hat, and you weren't really asking about PRO so I'd question why transient would choose to plug them here?

All in all BAR XH is a good company with solid maintenance, equipment and people.

And they run 703/704/705 ops so maybe you can learn a thing or 2 more and make a contact on the way...

transient
17th Mar 2007, 02:38
I just know a bunch of people who have trained there and as of yesterday I heard my first complaint. Something about the CFI being extra tough on this guy who flies on my right. I Flew at Bar XH for a few years and am versed in their practices, I harbor no ill will to them, they took care of me and forgave my mistakes as a newbie pilot, so people on this thread can believe more than 1/2 of my post. And yes the Baron is on jacks or simply u/s ALOT!!! the college class before me had to threaten legal action because the plane was down almost a year. They finally gave up and did the multi training on a Navajo at no extra cost. Sweet deal.

I will tell you the reason why the Baron is down all the time. It not because the AMEs are inept, it is because it is not owned by Bar XH. It is leased from a man who I will not mention on this thread for his privacy. The owners position on the poor state of the Baron is: Do what ever work/upgrade/refurbishments you want to it, but if I sell it or lease it to someone else then I will NOT pay you for any money you sunk into it.

There it is Altiplano the mysterious reason why the Baron is not in good repairs. BTW are you an employee there? Not being cocky here just wondering if you know the company well or anyone there, it sounds as if you do.

Im new and not trying to make enemies here so peace out yall!

altiplano
19th Mar 2007, 21:36
OK - I just thought it was funny you mentioned PRO when it is so far away from where the guy was asking about training.