PDA

View Full Version : Multiple landing clx

dawgweed
25th Feb 2007, 16:27
Question for all;

Does your jurisdiction allow for multiple landing clearances?

Tarq57
26th Feb 2007, 00:18
No.
Fortunately.

Jerricho
26th Feb 2007, 00:48
With LAHSO?

galaxy flyer
26th Feb 2007, 01:06
In Winterpeg! What's the point? As a pilot, don't like 'em much, seems to me that the situation can change, leaving me with a last minute problem

GF

Jerricho
26th Feb 2007, 01:13
In Winterpeg! What's the point?

Sorry mate, you're going to have to explain that one.

Scott Voigt
26th Feb 2007, 04:32
Happens all over the US...

dawgweed
26th Feb 2007, 12:30
There is talk about introducing it in Canada. Just wondering how many countries do use it.
I know the US does, but the NTSB did make a safety recommendation it be restricted after an accident in Atlanta.
The FAA decided to not follow the recommendation;
The FAA ultimately decided not to implement the change, stating that doing so would increase workload, remove controller flexibility, and potentially compromise safety. On March 6, 1995, the Safety Board disagreed with the FAA’s analysis and classified the recommendation “Closed—Unacceptable Action.”

Say Again, Over!
26th Feb 2007, 14:12
I used it in CYYZ for a few years while I worked there and technically the book says you may since a landing clearance assures that appropriate runway separation will exist. Local interpretations vary though.

You have to use it wisely though and with a purpose. I used it in daytime VFR with proper traffic info passed and in situations where the spacing between arrivals was constant and the possibility of a go-around was remote.

My rationale is that I'd rather not be giving a late landing clearance to someone just as the one on the roll is calling out with an abort.

I also trust the will of a pilot not to die to ensure he won't hit an aircraft lined-up that's forgotten to roll.

That being said, I also believe that it has to be used wisely and that combining the lowest denominators on both sides of the frequency could result in something ugly.

I say: Let the book say what is says and those that have the Mojo use it when they can instead of trying to teach it.

LX