PDA

View Full Version : JAA flight instructor license

cypilot77
21st Feb 2007, 20:30
hello people. i have a question about the JAA FI(A). i currently have FAA CPL. i would like to teach students for the JAA PPL. Do i have to pass the 14 exams for ATPL in order to be a flight instructor? Im not interested about flying for airlines. Just flight instruction for part-time. Any ideas are welcome

Hour Builder
21st Feb 2007, 21:22
From Lasors
Pre-requisite flight and theoretical requirements
Before commencing a Flight Instructors Course (FIC) an applicant must satisfy the course pre-entry requirements as per JAR-FCL 1.335: -
a) Hold either a valid UK CAA or JAR-FCL aeroplane pilots licence, which includes a valid Single Engine Piston (Land) Class or single pilot, Single Engine Type Rating.
b) Meet the knowledge requirements for the grant of a JAR-FCL Commercial Pilot Licence (Aeroplanes) as per AMC FCL 1.470(b).
c) Have completed at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes of which a:
i) PPL(A) holder shall have at least 150 hours as PIC or
ii) to hold at least a CPL(A).
d) PPL/CPL/ATPL(A) holder shall have completed:
i) At least 30 hours on single engine piston powered aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall be in the six months preceding the pre-entry flight test.
ii) At least 10 hours instrument flight instruction in aeroplanes of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in a FNPT or a flight simulator.
iii) At least 20 hours of cross-country flight as PIC of aeroplanes, including a cross-country flight of at least 540km (300 nm) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodromes of departure
shall be made.
iv) Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with a FI qualified as per JAR-FCL 1.330(f) based upon the proficiency check as per JAR-FCL 1.240(b), within the six months preceding the start of the course. *
*The pre-entry flight test will assess the ability of the applicant to undertake the course.

Walk the line
21st Feb 2007, 21:24
Im pretty sure you do. I know that the minimum is JAA PPL with full ATPL Knowledge. I could stand corrected on this though - I seem to remember something about you being able to have FAA CPL with instructor rating and JAA PPL being sufficient. Not 100% though sorry!

BlueRobin
21st Feb 2007, 22:31
If no interest in the airlines, you only need to do the CPL theory not ATPL.

cypilot77
22nd Feb 2007, 01:26
thanks guys...i was very comfused because most flight schools in their webside, dont talk about written exams..only medical and 150 hours PIC.