PDA

View Full Version : Hangarage at Bagby ?

FullyFlapped
19th Feb 2007, 20:33
I'll call when I get a mo, but does anyone know if there's any hangarage available at Bagby (or anywhere close) for a single ?

Thanks,

FF :ok:

Genghis the Engineer
20th Feb 2007, 08:07
The microlight club at Baxby Manor = might be worth trying if you have no problem with short runways.

G

stillin1
20th Feb 2007, 16:57
you could also ask at wombleton if that is close enough

L-Band
20th Feb 2007, 18:51
Had Hangarage arranged at Bagby for our Aztec and Cherokee but when we arranged to take them up, they said that they were full.
Doubt you could operate a 210 out of there anyway, runway gets very wet and boggy.
L

FullyFlapped
20th Feb 2007, 21:28
Thanks all.

L-Band, if you reckon I'd struggle with a 210, how were you planning to get an Aztec in and out ? :confused:

L-Band
21st Feb 2007, 06:35
The Aztec will go in and out of Bagby no problem, it has the power and a big wing for better lift. It also has big wheels which make operating out of grass fields no problem.
The problem with the 210 is that all the power and weight is at the front and it,s small wheels and low prop clearance does not make it an ideal grass airfield aircraft.
During the winter the runway gets unusable due to water and gets very boggy, so operating a Cherokee out of there is not possiable.
They are however trying to resolve this at the moment, we shall see what happens.

FullyFlapped
21st Feb 2007, 09:53
L-B, that's interesting, I hadn't thought of that. My particular one is turbocharged and has a lot of take-off "oomph", and I've flown it out of some fairly muddy fields, but nonetheless ... food for thought. And you're spot on about the prop clearance : and given that you know the local terrain, perhaps I'd best go have a look sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your thoughts,