PDA

View Full Version : transferring CAA MULTI to FAA Certificate

rosewellian
18th Feb 2007, 19:04
I have UK caa private with Instrument and Multi Ratings. Also have FAA Private/Single/Instrument (this is all test passed not "restricted use" issued on the back of my UK liicense). I also have 1800hrs total 200+ are Multi hours.

Question is can I apply to FAA to have them add the MULTI rating to my FAA certificate without me having to do an oral and check ride?

A CFII has suggested that with my existing experience I can and I have downloaded FAA form 8710-1 from their website and that has a section in it for instances when you are applying for a "Certificate or Rating on the basis of Foreign license"

Do I just fill out send this form to Oklahma or does a DPE have to sign the form off after inspecting my UK license and flying logbook to verify the experience. I was also told the DPE should be able to issue a temporary airmen certificate bearing the MULTI rating which will allow me to exercise the priveleges until my new license arrives. Any help on this subject would be appreciated

B2N2
20th Feb 2007, 22:06
Uh.....No!

A Multi engine rating is transferable only if you hold a restricted license.
you hold a "unrestricted" US Private license.
If you want Multi engine priviliges you will have to take a checkride with a US examiner after a minimum of 3 hrs training.
The 3 hrs are required before a US CFI can sign you off for the check ride.

rosewellian
21st Feb 2007, 07:01
thanks B2N2 I had a wallet emptying feeling that would be the case :))