PDA

View Full Version : Flying in a Jet Provost Group

strake
16th Feb 2007, 10:48
I know there's plenty written before but I just wanted to get some up-to-date facts/experiences if possible.

Having done the PPL thing off and on since 1983, I finally achieved my dream and bought my own plane a couple of years ago. Loved it...for a year. Money wasn't the problem, it was time flying vs time a/c spent on the ground..guess which was most.. So a few shares later she was spending more time in the air but, quite frankly, another trip to Calais/Le Touq,Oostend wasn't pressing the buttons so, once again, off to do something else for a while.

However, like motorbikes, it's in the blood...I feeeel the neeeed..as someone once said.

I just can't face more spamcan flying though. Now, JP's, that sounds fun... hour at a time once a month or so...

Any advice on where, how often, how much gratefully accepted.

neilcharlton
16th Feb 2007, 15:23
area 51 avaiation - north weald essex - 2 jps mk3 mk 5
Newcastle JP club mk3
Swords Avation n.weald jp mk4
delta Kemble mk5

couple of other groups about as well
5-10 hrs to go solo
20hr for PAX + exams
about 300 quid an hour on fuel

good luck let me know how you get on !

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
16th Feb 2007, 16:27
more like £400 quid an hour for fuel
plus £200 quid a month

PM me if you want more info - I am part of JP Mk5 syndicate

Riverboat
17th Feb 2007, 20:48
OK, £400/hr for fuel. What sort of cruise speed is this based on, at (say) FL100? Are there any other costs other than the £200/month? If there aren't, it sounds very attractive.:ok: :ok:

Unusual Attitude
26th Feb 2007, 14:17
I'm also part of one of the JP3 syndicates mentioned...

JP3 is actually more like £300 per hr and I currently pay £100 per month.

Economic cruise at 180kts indicated however I think the mil used 220kts, at the end of the day you wont spend that much time cruising about however! VNE is 350kts, flat out S&L you'll get about 300kts TAS out of a MK3, the MK4's and 5's are obviously faster but burn more fuel.

Agree Solo can be done in 5-10 hrs depending on your ability and we require 20hrs on type before you can carry pax.

We are looking for more members so PM me if you'd like more details.

Regards

UA

foxmoth
26th Feb 2007, 15:22
What sort of cruise speed is this based on,

Your going to buy into a JP and cruise!?%&*!?:confused:

Justiciar
27th Feb 2007, 12:54
Check out the group carefully, with particular regard to the structure. I looked into one in detail whose advertised structure did not quite seem to accord with the set up as recorded at Companies House and elsewhere. Do your own research and ask lots of questions. Are you buying a share in an aircraft or a company which ownes an aircraft? Who ownes the other shares and does anyone hold a controlling interest? Does the group own both or all the aircraft if it has more than one? Are they owned by different legal entities? Remember that a share in a JP may be fairly difficult to dispose of, so how might you get your money back? £200 per month may be a lot to commit to for an indefinite period.

strake
27th Feb 2007, 19:14
Excellent! Thanks for all your feedback.
After 23 yrs of flying spamcans I need something different. I'm arse bored of Le Touqet, Calais, 110kts, carburettor heat etc.
So, I'm going to dress up and hoon around playing jet-fighter ace (well, at first, jet-fighter ace passenger actually) and see if I like it.
I'll post pics as and when.....