PDA

View Full Version : ATCO is looking for a decent job!

Alexey
15th Feb 2007, 20:18
Hi, everybody!
I have been working as an air traffic controller for three years now. I work in Lviv ACC now (This is in Ukraine), we use secondary radars, automated flight data processing system, and online data interchange with our neighbours. There are four sectors in our FIR, I have all possible endorsements. We use both English and Russian languages for communicating with crews.
This information was given to imagine the working environment.
I know that I am ready now to face new challenges to get better opportunities. I feel like going somewhere else…
So I have a favour to ask of you:

Is there anybody who can give a good advice, where is the best plays to try my luck?

I’ve already applied to Maastricht, passed all the selection tests and got to the interview. But unfortunately I didn’t make it then. I’m 24 now, so I won’t be able to reapply again.
I visited the Ops room there 3 times, and I really liked it. Everybody were so friendly and hospitable, I felt like at home there. You guys are just the BEST!!!

I am really sorry that I won’t have the opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with you.

zasieki1
15th Feb 2007, 20:52
I know it won`t be the best advice you`ve ever get, but try this:

www.flightglobal.com

wish you luck!

Zandr
16th Feb 2007, 08:59
Ишущий да обрящет!!! translation - If you wanna find - you'll find.
Чего дома не сидится-то?

Alexey
17th Feb 2007, 17:01
Thanks for the info!
A good peace of advice is always welcome!
By the way, do you work in Poland as an ATCO?

zasieki1
19th Feb 2007, 06:20
Affirm :)

At EPPO and EPZG TWR/APP.

songbird29
19th Feb 2007, 12:30
Alexey, you might wish to try your luck at ATC service providers other than Eurocontrol/Maastricht, like Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France. Go to their websites and see whether they have opporunities. You may have to learn the local language for an entry permit into the country but that should be feasible in view of what you really want to achieve, wouldn't it.

Wish you luck.

TinPusher
23rd Feb 2007, 09:07
Alexey

Checkout www.airways.co.nz

Fancy moving to the South Pacific? Airways New Zealand are desperate for staff.
Did you know that Australia has also been recruiting experienced controllers??

Goodluck:ok:

Alexey
24th Feb 2007, 17:37
Thanks for the info, I'll think about it.
It could be a good option!