PDA

View Full Version : BA Airbus vs De-ice truck at OSL

M609
14th Feb 2007, 11:47
Picture says it all, but for the record the aircraft did the moving. (According to airport officials)

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel/4/49/491/491915/bagardermoen858_1171388191.jpg

Article in Norwegian: http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/02/13/491915.html

tristar500
14th Feb 2007, 16:16
Ooooops! Is it one of the G-BUS... Ones? If so, Insurance job - take the money and run :E

Dash-7 lover
14th Feb 2007, 16:38
G-EUUI chaps

DILLIGAFF
14th Feb 2007, 18:40
Don't I know about this, I was on nights last night and had to arrange for the replacemant engine, spare stand, and all the tools etc to be sent out. Ended up chartering an AN12 from STN (UR-LMI) took me most of the night to get everything arranged. Then when the Antonov turned up the onboard winch only had a two tonne capacity and the engine weighed five, it took them about two hours to load, I had been hoping for a quiet night, lets hope tonight is better.
D

G-WHOT
14th Feb 2007, 19:23
Just goes to show a certain number is unlucky. Airport authorities and ground support companies should take a leaf out of the F1 numbering system and not use 13!!!:ugh:

ABO944
14th Feb 2007, 20:25
Hey G-WHOT

Both my kids were born on the 13th .... so it's a lucky date for me!

Having said that, they both have black eyes and bear the mark of the beast on their scalps ......... ;)

tristar500
14th Feb 2007, 21:01
Looks nasty. I take it an in-depth engineering survey was required before ferrying back to base?

Well done to all involved in the recovery process :D

Interesting to see whos at fault (I see the anti-colls still on in the pic)

DILLIGAFF
14th Feb 2007, 21:47
We were told last night that the leader of the de ice team signalled to the flight deck that they were clear to taxi, so they did. But don't take it as gospel, no doubt it will all come out in the enquiry.
D

Buter
14th Feb 2007, 22:10
With all due respect M609, this picture says very little. Also, for your record, the aircraft hadn’t finished doing the moving and was positioning onto the de-icing stand under the guidance of the Nordic Air de-icing coordinator.

T500, read post #4, the engine will be replaced. If you are looking for who is at fault, both sides will be saying each other. Fortunately, for BA, the cvr (which is now back in London) recorded the de-icing coordinator clearly admitting that he had made a mistake and accepting responsibility for this unfortunate incident.

Best wishes for all involved and thank God nobody was hurt, especially the de-icer up in the basket.

Cheers

Buter

The Controlller
15th Feb 2007, 19:17
It surprises me how flipant the replies have been, good job it wasnt was a fuel truck.........the BA crew were blameless , please question the OSL ground services ???????????????????????????????????????

tristar500
20th Feb 2007, 17:57
Aircraft seems fine now, as I saw it in EDI this afternoon on 'shuttle' duties (if the aircraft in the Oslo bump was indeed G-EUUI)