PDA

View Full Version : Are NATS completely privatised

ben-vrs
14th Feb 2007, 07:39
Have been searching through internet etc to find out whether NATS are privatised, or still partially government owned

the reason i ask is that i am currently employed in the civil service and wondered whether i'd be eligible for a 'level' transfer (salary wise), were i to be successful with my application to NATS

i expect the answer to be no, but thought i'd see if anyone knows

Standard Noise
14th Feb 2007, 07:57
NATS is a PPP so beloved of Uncle Tony and his merry band of idiots and scroungers. As for a 'lever' transfer, I think you're on a sticky wicket given that the Red Barron wants to do away with the 'Civil Service legacy' within NATS.

But nowt wrong with asking.

ben-vrs
14th Feb 2007, 08:42
sorry, was meant to say level transfer, but i think you realised that anyway - thanks for the response.

well, i have asked the question, so we'll just see what happens i guess

Gonzo
14th Feb 2007, 08:53
Ben, I wouldn't hold out too much hope, I don't think those terms existed even before NATS was PPPed, when it was a 'wholly owned subsidiary of the CAA'.

Possibly when UK ATC came under the Ministry of Transport, but that was years ago.

ben-vrs
14th Feb 2007, 09:06
tbh thats what i'd figured, just reckon its gotta be worth a shot.

im through to second stage, and were I to go on to be offered the job, it'd mean over a 60% pay cut, so figured its worth asking the question

if, as expected, its a no, the spare room gets rented out :O

throw a dyce
14th Feb 2007, 09:24
You might be able to transfer your pension into Nats scheme.But for how long.?

tired-flyboy
14th Feb 2007, 18:21
You'll be in the same boat as everyone else re pay.

:mad: its awful