PDA

View Full Version : imc conditions

alpergokgoz
13th Feb 2007, 18:48
can anyone help me to specify imc conditions ?:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Spitoon
13th Feb 2007, 19:11
Conditions that preclude VFR flight - depends on the class of airspace (and sometimes on the pilot's qualifications).

Flybywyre
14th Feb 2007, 11:15
and sometimes on the pilot's qualifications
Not sure about that......
The pilots qualifications would not have any influence on "IMC" which is what the question is about, but it would if the question was about "IFR".
This may help http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_GAD_WEBSSL8.PDF

PPRuNe Radar
14th Feb 2007, 11:35
I'd argue that pilot qualifications do have an influence on what VMC limits are applied to them for legal flight. If the actual visibility and cloud conditions are their personal licence limitation then they are not able to fly in their 'VMC', whereas another pilot with a higher qualification may still be able to meet 'VMC' conditions in the same weather.

So, basically I'd say the VMC criteria depend on the airspace involved, and the pilot qualifications. Which means the same is true for IMC ;)

bookworm
14th Feb 2007, 15:45
It's unhelpful to roll up VMC/IMC and licence privilege limitations in the same concept.
There are circumstances in which pilots with licence-privilege limitations cannot fly in VMC. Similarly there are circumstances in which pilots with the same licence-privilege limitations can fly in IMC. To distort the meaning of "VMC" into "what is permitted" just confuses matters.

ATCO2
14th Feb 2007, 20:44
Hi,

Annex 2, ICAO Doc specify VMC, what are conditions for it. Conditions below VMC are IMC conditions. This may help.

Regards,