PDA

View Full Version : Civ FI from mil QFI

Raymond Ginardon
13th Feb 2007, 12:43
Would be grateful for gen on this as part of new job may involve instructing a bit:

What would and ex-mil, fixed wing pilot need to do (courses/exams etc) to become a civilian FI (single piston)? I've got some military instructional experience, but not a great deal.

Would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction :-)

Ray

BEagle
13th Feb 2007, 20:03
"I've got some military instructional experience, but not a great deal."

Specifically what? Were you a CFS-trained QFI? If so, when and on what type - and what category did you achieve?

Presumably you hold either an ATPL(A) or CPL(A) with SEP Class Rating?

Raymond Ginardon
13th Feb 2007, 20:53
Beags,

Sorry, I could have been a bit more specific there. A2 QFI Tucano about 15 years ago. Done a bit of instructing since, but not at that (BFT) level. ATPL(A) and a PPL.

Ray

BEagle
14th Feb 2007, 04:43
In which case you need to meet the requirements of LASORS H1.8c, which is basically to apply to CAA PLD for an assessment of your case.

You also need to renew your SEP Class Rating as you cannot run an ATPL(A) and PPL(A) concurrently - the SEP privileges need to be maintained on your ATPL(A).

Raymond Ginardon
14th Feb 2007, 07:00
Super, thanks :-)

Blakey
22nd Feb 2007, 18:10
Ray,

My apologies. I think it was my application last year that caused LASORS to be altered this year to be more specific about old (all things are relative)QFIs. I have sent you an email so that you can contact me direct which I hope might help when you apply to the CAA.

Blakey

Raymond Ginardon
24th Feb 2007, 18:24
"I'll 'ave you Butler.... I'll 'ave you..."

Got your e-mail - will call next week ;-) Nice to hear from you old chap!

Mr Ginardon