PDA

View Full Version : slight twist on career developmen loans

maxdrypower
11th Feb 2007, 13:17
I know this has been done to death on the other forums , but one question that has not been asked .Does anybody know if hsbc would consider the cdl for atpl ground school , cpl and FI(r) or does anyone have experience of exactly that . I believe it may be just for the full intergrated hit just ondering if anyone had managed to get one

maxdrypower
11th Feb 2007, 13:28
ah sorry chaps have managed to find some info after throughly searching , the gen is that hsbc no lnger give cdls for anything other than oxford integarted types , does anyone know if this has changed?

MIKECR
12th Feb 2007, 09:13
There are actually two types of loan - 1. Professional studies loan and the 2. Career Development Loan. They are both different but are basically based around the same idea i.e. lump sum with deferred payment until completion of course. Unless you are an integrated Bod at Cabair or OAT then forget the 1st option, Cabair/OAT appear to have exclusive rights with that one. With the CDL you can apply for a maximum of 8k and "yes" Atpl groundschool etc is covered. Try the likes of the Bank of Scotland or Barclays for the CDL, thats where I got mine. The process takes a while though, roughly 3 months from initial application to approval. You'll also need a business plan with your application, nothing fancy though, just he facts. I got mine over a year ago, I doubt the process has changed much.