PDA

View Full Version : Top eating destination

stiknruda
4th Feb 2007, 21:23
Yesterday, found myself enjoying a few pints of Adnams and great food at the Pheasant in Keystone, a pub half a mile south of the A14, west of Huntingdon and a couple of miles east of the IKEA carbunkle.

Quality lunch for 4 with beer, prosecco four 4 but no wine = circa £25/hd

The good news, a mere 4 minute walk from a private strip owned by the pub's patron.

Details in Popular Flying.

Believe (cos I didn't check) that the strip is 03/21 and about 600 yds. Easy to see windsock and I didn't have a GPS that I knew how to use. I still struggle with the 430 on waypoint entry!

Departing later was just as simple. Kick tyres, start fires and head home.

I'll be doing it again and will probably invite a few friends to do likewise!

Stik

FullyFlapped
5th Feb 2007, 07:46
May I just thank Stik for confirming that - as every Yorkshireman knows - the muck sold "dahn sarf" as "ale" contains no alcohol. Can't do, can it, or else Stik would now be expecting Knacker of the Yard to invite him to blow gently into his truncheon ... or perhaps they're all too busy in Downing Street at the moment ? :D

FF :ok:

False Capture
5th Feb 2007, 16:41
I flew into Keystone a few years ago and had Sunday lunch at the Pheasant. Highly recommended.

p.s. I didn't have any wine .... or beer.:=

TheGorrilla
5th Feb 2007, 22:41
stiknruda,

I too enjoy launching home in my taildragger after pint or two. Adnams eh? No thanks.

P.s. I'm from the CAA, I'm here to help you. :D

False Capture
6th Feb 2007, 10:25
I've just received a PM from stiknruda saying: "I think that you really do owe me an apology."

Does anyone else think I owe him an apology? :confused:

Choxolate
6th Feb 2007, 10:36
False capture:

An apology for what?

TheGorrilla
6th Feb 2007, 10:49
I don't think so. Which part of that post was offensive? :confused: :confused: :confused:

shy_one
6th Feb 2007, 10:57
It just maybe that stik was not the pilot for this trip and that was why he was able to enjoy a few pints

shy_one

TheGorrilla
6th Feb 2007, 16:23
Try the apple crumble at EGLM. Then several pints of Rebellion IPA before driving home. :E

False Capture
6th Feb 2007, 16:26
shy-one,

You are correct. His wife flew him to the pub in her helicopter and he was able to have a few pints of Adnams because he was a passenger.

However, I would still like to know how my post was offensive. My post didn't even mention stik. I certainly didn't say he'd been operating an aircraft after he'd consumed a few beers.

I think stiknruda owes me an apology. In fact, he probably owes me a beer ...

stiknruda
6th Feb 2007, 17:43
It was the sanctimonious wagging finger that got to me! You don't know me and have no idea how I conduct myself - many others on here do and have far more reason to berate me:E

But I'm over it and I'll happily buy you a beer.

Stik

Mad Girl
6th Feb 2007, 19:42
Could I have one too please????

(If you don't ask - you don't get!! ;) )

Pitts2112
6th Feb 2007, 21:47
Two's aboard for the beer!

Concur on Keyston. Attend a nice little fly-in there every year organised by some mates with consultation with the strip owner, who, it just so happens owns a Miles twin-tail thing of aeronautical beauty.

Has to be one of the best little strips in the country.
wait a minute...
did someone say "his wife"????
Something you want to tell us, there Stik, ole' buddy????

Pitts2112

TheKentishFledgling
6th Feb 2007, 22:11
pitts you beat me to it - SHE must have been p!ssed when this happened ;)

tKF

False Capture
7th Feb 2007, 00:00
I'll happily buy you a beer.
Yiiiippppeee! Free beer, I love free beer ... it's my favourite type of beer.

Skid, you sound like a great guy especially as you have a wife who flies you to the pub.:ok:

By the way, a PPRuNe fly-in to Keystone for a few beers in The Pheasant sounds like a great idea. Then TheGorrilla could provide a taxi service by flying us back to our respective airfields. :hmm: Hmmm ... hold on ... it might be safer camping in tents under the wings of our aerial-carriages until we're sober.

TheGorrilla
7th Feb 2007, 00:27
Hic! Whazzzare you sayyin? I'm too pisssst to take youz all home??:}

Nonsewnse, gettzme a beer and geeuz a swing. Noprobwems!!! Hic! :\ :uhoh:

flyingphil1
12th Feb 2007, 13:07
Agree about Keystone .. great place though I'll wait for dryer grass till I go (Dakota PA28) another really good pub (obviously Pilots dont drink) is the one near Enstone .. excellent though its best in a cab or Kidlington has lots of nearby reastaurants restaurant at Kemble good too but a little slow or EGTR the battle axes easily walkable... I love food and tend to fly to the destination, if with others ( .. cant remember why though...:)