PDA

View Full Version : Age limitations ....

Captain Mayday
4th Feb 2007, 20:54
Anyone got any solid evidence on what the current upper age limit (if any) is for NATS ?

I know it used to be 26, then it was raised to 32 (with previous aviation experience) - last I heard it was 30 .... but (with the new age discrimination legislation?) I see there is no upper age limit specified on the NATS website ...

I know a pal who works in the airline industry and doing a PPL is interested - any positive advice or experience out there .. ?

clearthedecks
4th Feb 2007, 21:51
An employer can't discriminate against age, so from that point of view there is no upper age limit. You do however need to be capable of undergoing some intensive and quite tough training, which a more mature person may find difficult compared to a youngster. If you are in your 40's or 50's and capable of doing the training then theres no reason why you couldn't apply and be successful.

Defruiter
4th Feb 2007, 22:23
As clearthedecks said, there is no upper age limit with NATS anymore - There are people on courses now over the age of 30 with no aviation experience

Over+Out
5th Feb 2007, 07:12
You also have to be prepared to be paid very little whilst training at Bournemouth. I believe it is currently £10.000 pa.

foghorn
5th Feb 2007, 07:33
Plus after that you'll only be on a maximum of £18k for up to 1 - 2 years.

At least with the closure of TC you're less likely to have to live in an expensive part of the world while validating though.

anotherthing
5th Feb 2007, 10:32
At least with the closure of TC you're less likely to have to live in an expensive part of the world while validating though.

Just a pity that Hampshire is one of the most expensive counties to live in though.... prices aren't that much better :(

Captain Mayday

It is quie a strenuous course, but a bit of maturity can be a good thing and also the mix of young and old on a course tends to produce better results that a course solely made up of youngsters or old fogeys.

pers5579
6th Feb 2007, 21:11
Email I received from NATS:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm there is no upper age limit.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

www.natscareers.co.uk (http://www.natscareers.co.uk)