PDA

View Full Version : BA baggage allowance- LHR post strike

ALTSEL
26th Jan 2007, 10:30
My son travels BA world traveller to Vancouver on 1st Feb 2007 from LHR, a day after the strike. Can we expect the flt to operate normally?

Additionally the baggege allowance says two pcs max wt 32kgs each - does this mean he could if he wished take 2x32kgs ?? seems a lot.

thanks

ETOPS
26th Jan 2007, 10:40
The weight limit per bag is 23kg not 32.

His entitlement is dependant on his class of travel - check with BA website for the limits.
PS I think it's 1 piece in Traveller.

HZ123
26th Jan 2007, 11:46
As a commitrd BA emplyee it saddens me to state that 'no you cannot rely on that service running as normal'. We do not seem to have a normal only everyman for themselves.

manintheback
26th Jan 2007, 12:09
Only the inbound, not the outbound is showing as cancelled on that date but assuming the strike goes anything could happen ( or not happen if thats more appropriate)

cavortingcheetah
26th Jan 2007, 12:21
:hmm:

You need to watch this one. The whole system is changing sometime around February 12th, so what you have flown out with, suitcase weight wise, may not be what you can fly back with. It is all on the BA website.
One has just had such a discussion now with BA at check in LHR, with the comment from the poor chap that this was all another mess coming down the line.
Happy BAing!:D