PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet or Flybe?

emmyf
25th Jan 2007, 16:18
If you had the choice were would you go?
Also any info on pay,rosters,sectors etc?

johnezy
25th Jan 2007, 16:37
hi i work for easyjet and love them if you want to work for a low cost carrier then they are the one as they have many more destinations and the pay is great, but, you do have to work hard for them you would do a 6 on 3 off patern.

This means that your commision and secter pay are great cause of all the hours you do! this does vary from base to base so it really depend on your base.

i have only ever travel with flybe once and i have to say that they seem really nice company also but dont have much more info on them so maybe any flybe crew could tell you a bit more:ok:

Hudson Bay
25th Jan 2007, 16:45
Staff Travel at Easy is pretty much non existent.

Staff Travel at Flybe is fantastic. Probably 2nd to BA.

Flybe cabin crew still take a pride in themselves and there service to passengers.

Can't think of a low cost Airline other than Flybe that Cabin crew still look and act like professional people.

johnezy
25th Jan 2007, 16:59
ok see where you're coming from with regards to ezy

heres the staff travel for easy explained:

you and 3 others can be on your staff travel, dont have to be family
you can change who is on your staff travel up to 12 time in any one year period
our staff travel works by you will pay the airport tax and then a small comtribution to the flight like £5
i booked to go to malaga in march and it has cost me £30 return with staff travel thats the average for any destination
they are confirmed seats not standby seats

our uniform is a bit of a joke conpared to other airlines and is changing in march to suites with ties (much more professional)

most crew i work with do care about the level of service we provide and are always happy to help anyone

ask anyone at easyjet what makes the company enjoyable and they will tell you it's the people they work with! even crew who have left say they still miss the people.

with regard to flybe i dont doubt they they too are committed, friendly and enjoy the friendlyness of the team they work with, thats certainly how they came across when i flew with them.

i think the momey is pretty much the same so it really depends on where you want to be based and what routes you want to fly.