PDA

View Full Version : Indian license to ICAO license conversion

kushagarwal
24th Jan 2007, 22:08
Hello aviators,
I am a Pilot from India. I want to know the conversion procedure from an Indian license into an ICAO license. What is the process for the same. Kindly guide me.
Cheers n Happy landings:ok:,
Kush.
The best safety device in a cockpit is a well trained pilot!!

old747man
25th Jan 2007, 20:10
HEY YOUR INDIAN LICENCE IS ICAO APPROVED LICENCE IFYOU WANT TO CONVERT YOUR LICENCE TO A SPECOFIC COUNTRY RULES DIFFER, BUT THE MOST DIFFICULT LICENCE TO GET IS AN INDIAN ONE CHEERS:cool:

kushagarwal
26th Jan 2007, 20:35
Thankyou sir, n Thanks for the info. What would be the requirements to get an ICAO license if i want 2 fly in Middle East?
And I agree with u on d difficulty part in getting an Indian CPL-it can test d patience of many.:)

old747man
27th Jan 2007, 20:16
I use to work in In India and came to work for qatar,once u get employed all formalities are taken care by the employer take care happy ldgs

world
29th Jan 2007, 11:03
Which countries use ICAO license ?

kushagarwal
30th Jan 2007, 05:57
How does one go about converting indian CPL to an ICAO license..

Bealzebub
30th Jan 2007, 18:06
There is No such thing as an ICAO licence ! If the country that has issued your licence is an ICAO contacting state (and most are) then you need to apply to the country in which you to wish to work for details of qualification or validation that may be applicable in your own individual case.
From the ICAO website :

"ICAO does not issue any licences. Licences issued by ICAO Contracting States on the basis of Standards and Recommended Practices of Annex 1 – Personnel Licensing, are habitually called ICAO licences. This has led many to believe that there is a specific ICAO or international licence. The fact is that there is not one single international licence issued by ICAO or any other organization. States issue their own licences based on national regulations in conformity with Annex 1 specifications and validate licences issued by other Contracting States on the basis of bilateral or multilateral agreements or the fulfilment of nationally legislated requirements.
For more information, please refer to Annex 1, Chapter 1, paragraph 1.2.
"

kushagarwal
1st Feb 2007, 05:40
That was real helpful..thanx for the info. As the ICAO extract read, like many others I was under the impression that there is a specific ICAO license, but now I know better.