PDA

View Full Version : Muscat ATC pay increase.

thunderfromdownunder
24th Jan 2007, 20:35
Any one able to confirm rumor that Muscat ATC is getting 15% pay increase.
If so, what would the new starting salary be.

Nookie2nite
25th Jan 2007, 10:44
...I heard a rumour of package 34000 dir equivilant - dunno how reliable my source is tho....

....if its true - good for them :D

TCAS FAN
25th Jan 2007, 11:20
Don't think its "dir", the national currency of Oman is the Omani Rial, which is linked to the US dollar. May be great if you are normally paid in Oz' rupees, Kiwi dollars or Rand, it still isn't enough to tempt me away from a salary in Uk pounds or Euros.

Don't get me wrong, Oman is a great place to live, the Head of ATC, if he hasn't retired yet, is Adullah Nasser Al Harthy, a great guy who worked his way up from being an assistant (in 1974), fully rated controller, and a good one at that!

ATCO1962
25th Jan 2007, 16:44
The short answer is YES!!:) :) :) And we deserve it, too.

The actual package depends on where you come from, time spent here, negotiations, etc. There are different contracts in effect at any time.

We still need more ATCOs so keep those CVs rolling in. It remains, IMHO, a far better option than the UAE or elsewhere in the Gulf.

Abdullah Nasser is still here, albeit in a management position, and still does the odd slot on the boards.

ATCO out:ok:

Quokka
25th Jan 2007, 18:23
Do the new people starting this year in Muscat get the same pay? Or, does the rise in pay only apply to controllers who're currently employed? If so, how many years before the new controllers get the higher salary?

TCAS FAN
25th Jan 2007, 22:09
ATCO 1962

To Abdullah, Rashard, Saud aka "Super Chicken" and Khalfan (if they are still with you) "matokeo ya utafutaji kwa"

ATCO1962
27th Jan 2007, 06:33
Abdullah says, Still alive and kicking. Sijakujuwa wewe ni nani.lakini ahsante sana kwa salaam zako. I wishh you all the best.All the mentioned names are in your message are still working with the DGCAM.Kwaheri.

Two Moocows
5th Feb 2007, 02:13
Who do we need to contact to find out more about the jobs going in Muscat ATC?

Do they offer decent Expat packages etc?

Thanks.

Superfluous
5th Feb 2007, 22:51
Two Moocows, some links that should help.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234153
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241251

Any news on salary increase?

Late Landing
5th Feb 2007, 23:56
ATCO1962
Check your PM