PDA

View Full Version : CHC ad for pilot

Ullevi
23rd Jan 2007, 15:49
In Aberdeens local paper, although jobs available throughout Europe apparently.

http://jobs.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.pl?selection=921503350&src=search

Heli-Ice
23rd Jan 2007, 15:56
Thank you for posting this Ullevi. :ok:

tecpilot
1st Feb 2007, 11:38
They are looking also hardly for winch operators.

I know this could be interesting for a few PPRuNe members... Bet some guys here still looking for such a position!

jonnyloove
1st Feb 2007, 11:44
I applied to the advert in p&J in regards to winch ops. They are making a short list off people for the mca contract and they are not interviewing straight away. That came form the H.R girl.

tecpilot
1st Feb 2007, 12:03
jonny, how old is your information? Got my info just 2 days ago.

jonnyloove
1st Feb 2007, 12:10
Check you pms Tech. cheers jon

SASless
1st Feb 2007, 15:14
* A Helicopter Pilot holding a JAR Commercial Pilots Licence, twin instrument rated, and current on one of the above types

Is there a "single instrument rating"?

Or...do they mean a twin rating and a instrument rating?

chainblock
1st Feb 2007, 15:36
Bristow's in Norwich do a Single engine IR on a 206 which then needs upgrading. It's the only approved single engine IFR A/C (I think) so only really serves to prove you can do an IR.

When I joined CHC that is what I had and they paid for my upgrade which I did with the 332 type rating. It didn't add much cost to just a type rating and CHC knew I could do the IR.

A few years later they lost a lot of money sending people to Cabair who failed IR's so even though you can't use the single engine IR it does serve a purpose.

helicopter-redeye
1st Feb 2007, 15:38
Bristow's in Norwich do a Single engine IR on a 206 which then needs upgrading. It's the only approved single engine IFR A/C (I think) so only really serves to prove you can do an IR.

Others around in JAR-land, all based on the B206L.

h-r;)

Aesir
1st Feb 2007, 16:02
Is there a "single instrument rating"?

Good point SASLess.

I have never seen a JAA licence with a "Single IR" rating or twin for that matter.

There is only "IR" and then the pilot may have type ratings on twins or singles in his license. JAR-FCL does not prohibit single IR flying in any way.

JAR-OPS hovewer does not allow single IFR flights for transport operations but that has nothing to do with flight crew licensing.