View Full Version : A330F Nosegear

Shore Guy
22nd Jan 2007, 13:26
This can't help the fuel specifics.......

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2007/01/22/211629/picture-airbus-a330f-gets-blister-for-new-nose-gear-as-revised-layout-levels-cabin-floor-to-ease.html

chimbu warrior
23rd Jan 2007, 07:39
Doesn't look too tidy either. I get the distinct impression that this is design by crisis.

international hog driver
23rd Jan 2007, 10:09
Nahhhh.

You guy have it all wrong...

Just like me it is an old design....

And just like me its getting a bit saggy under the chin!

Ok ok, hat coat and I'm off.

Whale Rider
24th Jan 2007, 14:24
Airbus can take credit for putting the worlds first "Chin Strap" on an airliner. Setting the Standards indeed! :}

Thirty Eight South
24th Jan 2007, 21:41
Worried about the esthetics or the functionality? There are plenty of examples of maunufacturers developing modifications to suit - take the b737 with the CFM nacelle (flatened on the bottom edge), so that boeing didn't have to redesign their wing/pylon and specifically the landing gear.

keeping the nose gear as a common part was the point (as highlited in the FI artical). Lowering it keeps the parts common and the chin fairing is there to cope with the aerodynamics, so far not rocket sceince...design by panic-not likely; design for operations, most likely

The reason the nose gear was lowered was to keep the freight loading platform level, so someone's done their home work at Airbus. Ask the freight loaders and Ops guys what they think of the cargo loading and turn around advantages

11Fan
25th Jan 2007, 00:22
I don't know. I think I would leave it the way it is and put the cargo door in the aft. That way, you just place the pallet into one of the aft positions and then let it run to the front of the aircraft on it's own.

Saves cost and weight for a powered CHS.

Unloading? Just park on a hill. :E

Whitehatter
27th Jan 2007, 13:29
Doesn't look too tidy either. I get the distinct impression that this is design by crisis.
Any more rubbish you care to share with us?

It saves the necessity of having to redesign the strut and also the cabin floor levelling problem. The nosegear remains common with the A330 passenger variant.

Yep, crisis design....:=