PDA

View Full Version : Working in Canada, ey

ILSTOMIN
17th Jan 2007, 10:06
Greetings!
I currently hold JAA CPL-IR ME/SE ATPL (F) and FAA CFI/CFII, well, back to my question: How's the chances for me getting a job in Canada, how is the convertion prosess, one of my biggest dreams is to fly C208 on float, bush flying in canada !
I think I am still young, so I can do this for a few years, and than maybe head back to europe
Thanks !:ok:

Panama Jack
17th Jan 2007, 10:52
The proper spelling is "eh."

Fingersmac
17th Jan 2007, 16:44
hahaha... I was thinking the same thing.

As for your question, you need to have the right to work in Canada.. ie: Canadian citizen or Landed Immigrant.

With little to no float experience you'd most likely have to work on the dock somewhere for 1 or 2 seasons before getting a crack at a flying position on a 185 or 206 or something of that size. 208s, Beavers, Otters, etc are usually flown by pilots with quite a bit of float and bush flying experience.

Conversion process from FAA to the equivalent Canadian license is fairly simple with the new changes that came about last year. You can convert your license by filing the necessary paper work, proving you meet the hour requirements for the license and writing an air law exam. Check Transport Canada's site for more information.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/general/personnel/USConversion/AppendixA.htm