PDA

View Full Version : 1st stage selection this Monday 22nd Jan.

shgsaint
16th Jan 2007, 15:20
Just thought i'd ask a few things. Don't worry nothing about what to expect during the day as i've got that covered.

First thing is the dress code. I've got a suit but it's a bit moth balled! :}
I've read that wearing a suit on the intial 1st stage selection day isn't essential. However would you recommend I wear it anyway as it shows I'm making an effort in my appearence. Or do you really think it doesn't matter? Wear what you feel comfortable in etc.

Second question; is anyone going to the 9:30 assesment on this day? Would be nice to meet up with some fellow applicants. Settle the nerves and all that. :\

Cheers.

SHG.

SilentHandover
16th Jan 2007, 15:52
Wear what you are comfortable in to Stage 1, I wore jeans, noone will be assessing how you look as it is just a paper exercise and for information gathering for yourself.

richyinnewcastle
16th Jan 2007, 15:53
hello again :)

Theres no need to impress really I dont think, your just a number at the first stage, literally given a number: :P so I don't think theres any need to go all suited and booted.. although most people at mine had made a little effort.

:ok:

richyinnewcastle
16th Jan 2007, 15:56
oo got beat

shgsaint
16th Jan 2007, 16:07
Cheers guys.

I'll think i'll try and go down the casual smart route. I think the last time I did it I did wear a suit and so did many others but like you say wear something you feel comfortable in.

After all real ATCOs don't wear a suit to work....do they? ;)

Cheers chaps.

SHG.

747-436
17th Jan 2007, 14:20
I have my first stage Assesment on the 26th Jan, in London. Be wary though of the link from the NATS website to where it brings a map of the test venue, the circle showing the post code on the multi map isn't where the test venue actually is. It says that it is a PO Box, and the location is not precise.

Google search, the venue, Cumberland Hotel, Marble Arch, and find directions from there.

chileconcarne27
17th Jan 2007, 14:34
Thanks 747, i totally would have gone to where Multimap shows and got completely lost! Nothing like turning up late to the first interview.

Anyone willing to meet for the 0930 on the 22nd? Maybe for a quick coffee to settle the nerves? :eek:

Chile

shgsaint
17th Jan 2007, 15:22
i totally would have gone to where Multimap shows and got completely lost! Nothing like turning up late to the first interview.

Anyone willing to meet for the 0930 on the 22nd? Maybe for a quick coffee to settle the nerves? :eek:

Chile

LOL! Snap. Would of done exactly the same Chile.

Looks like it might just be me and you at the mo. ;)
I'm crashing with my cousin who lives in Westminster so i'll be making my way from there. Don't think it's too far to go.

SHG.

747-436
17th Jan 2007, 16:23
I hope that there are not two Cumberland Hotels in Central London though!!