PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather Thursday

pbrookes
16th Jan 2007, 10:36
The forecast for Thursday is not too good with mean wind speeds forecast over 35 knts with gusts over 50knts.

Is this going to affect my return to BHX in the afternoon? Should I prepare for another overnight stay in Dublin?:)

the dean
16th Jan 2007, 11:41
what is the forecast wind direction....who is the carrier and what type of equipment is in use...:confused:

if there is a X/W then the type is important since both company limits and aircraft vary...??

by the way where is BHX..?...EGGD..?

the dean.

pbrookes
16th Jan 2007, 13:54
Thanks The Dean

Aer Lingus from Dublin to Birmingham. The wind is forecast westerly(ish) so 33 will be in use. 60 degree crosswind!

EI-MPE
16th Jan 2007, 18:17
pbrooks,
The principal runway at EIDW is 10/28 (not 33) so the wind will be approx. aligned with the runway. The equipment is most likely an Airbus A320 and with little or no crosswind you should be up and off in no time. A few rumbles for the first 2 to 3 minutes then, I guess, a particularly quick flight over the Irish Sea.
If I were you I'd go for it!

I am coming back from Frankfurt on Thursday night so I am expecting a choppy approach.

pbrookes
19th Jan 2007, 10:17
Well, as expect, flight was cancelled as Birmingham was beyond cross-wind limits, so spent another night in a Dublin bar drinking Guiness!

Flying back this morning was still bumpy with an "interesting" approach, but I am home safe and well :)