PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to visit an ATC Tower

nandogor
15th Jan 2007, 15:42
Hi there

I'm attending my final interview for ATC.

I wanted to visit an ATC tower before attednding so I could see the other side of the coin, so to speak can anyone help or give me a contact?

Thanking you in advance

regards

chileconcarne27
16th Jan 2007, 12:11
You're in the same boat as me. I suppose it depends on where your nearest unit is.

I posted on here looking for a contact at STN and lots of people got in touch offering to show me round. Maybe if you did the same and stated where you were prepared to go, then someone will get in touch with you.

It's that or finding the number and then phoning and talking to the Watch Manager and explaining why you want to visit. They had to do it to so they should be accommodating.

Hope that helps

Chile

richyinnewcastle
16th Jan 2007, 12:56
I'm looking to visit somewhere soon too.. do you think it has to be a NATS unit? I was thinking of going to visit the tower at Newcastle airport, as I've been there before through a friend who works there..fairly sure air traffic control is pretty standard whether its a NATS unit or not?

hmm

rich

chileconcarne27
16th Jan 2007, 14:14
I think the best people to ask would be NATS themselves. Their number is on the careers website.

You never know, they may be fussy and i i wouldn't want to ruin my chances of visiting the wrong place, especially as you've got so far.

Good luck with interview :ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th Jan 2007, 15:32
Wherever you visit, if you do so by DIY your inititative may just be recognised.... Simply telephone the nearest ATC unit and tell them what you want to do and why. There's every chance you'll be invited along..

nandogor
18th Jan 2007, 09:14
Hi there,

I've been following your advice, thanks to all for your answers.

A fellow ppruner helped me, and I think I will visit a tower next week.

Regards,

Nandogor