PDA

View Full Version : Going rates for ADI & APP

atco112
15th Jan 2007, 10:39
What should an ADI only or ADI & APP controller expect to be paid these days.

Also should a premium be paid to to retain staff to cancel out the lure of radar training at another units?

spike_scramble
15th Jan 2007, 10:53
Hi, in Germany with the ADI incl. RAD/RAD-S you'll get as an experienced ATCO (3 years) between 80.000 and 100.000€ incl. the nightshifts/sundays/holiday etc. benefits.
My gross in 2006 was 94.000€ which left me 59.000€ in the pocket.

Cheers Spike.

Chilli Monster
15th Jan 2007, 12:06
Should a premium be paid to retain staff to cancel out the lure of radar training at another units?

Why not? It guarantees some form of career progression financially for those who don't want to progress, plus may just tip the balance in those who are undecided as to which path they want to follow. Beneficial to th unit as it keeps experience at a reasonable level.

Bear in mind there will be those who want to progress onto radar, and nothing you can do will keep those people.

Sudden Stop
15th Jan 2007, 20:07
Also should a premium be paid to to retain staff to cancel out the lure of radar training at another units?

I think there certainly should be some reward for those experienced controllers who are happy doing what they do. Wage rewards should be high enough for atcos with APS to be enticed back to APP (unlikely to say the least) provided they bring good experience that can be passed on through OJT.

Since the college courses have been shortened and thinned out to make them cheaper these days means that good APP OJTIs are worth paying to keep.