PDA

View Full Version : Acars No Com / Printer Fail

AAIGUY
14th Jan 2007, 15:49
I am sick of my CDU displaying those 2 messages every 2 minutes.
The Printer fail is due to lack of paper (company use them so don't stock paper - display only).
PLEASE tell me how to stop these messages appeaing in my scratch pad!!

jonny dangerous
14th Jan 2007, 15:58
Worse yet, having to comply with the "FMC/CDU Alerting Message" Non Normal Checklist each Time....

:ugh:

My sympathies, but it sounds like one for your Mtce department (pin settings etc)

Jonny

Rainboe
15th Jan 2007, 09:43
On either side of the printer inside, there is a place where the reel of paper goes. I think you may find a spring loaded arm that moves onto the reel of paper to give a warning when the paper is low and a new reel is needed. So open up the printer, and look for a lightly spring-loaded arm, and find a way to hold it out of the way- either cellotape, sticky tape or plasticine/Blue Tack. You are right- this message can drive you mad every couple of minutes!

AAIGUY
15th Jan 2007, 14:35
Yeah....tried that, except everytime we send out for weather on the ACARS, the bit I have jammed in the spring gets kicked out as the system tries to print it out. Taping it down sounds a little to "permanent" a solution.

Rainboe
15th Jan 2007, 18:08
Creep onto another operators plane and 'borrow' a reel of paper which you will use just for your flights! Sounds like the printer is ready to go!

Piper19
15th Jan 2007, 18:24
If your company decides not to use paper in the cockpit, they should electrically rewire the thing with engineering departement.