PDA

View Full Version : Fuel planing

737incognito
12th Jan 2007, 13:14
JAR-OPS 1.295 Selection of aerodromes states:
"(d) An operator must select two destination alternates when:
(1) The appropriate weather reports or forecasts for the destination, or any combination thereof, indicate that during a period commencing 1 hour before and ending 1 hour after the estimated time of arrival, the weather conditions will be below the applicable planning minima; or
(2) No meteorological information is available."

While JAR-OPS 1.297 Planning minima for IFRflights says:

"(b) Planning minima for destination and destination alternate aerodromes. An operator shall only select the destination aerodrome and/or destination alternate aerodrome(s) when the appropriate weather reports or forecasts, or any combination thereof, indicate that, during a period commencing 1 hour before and ending 1 hour after the estimated time of arrival at the aerodrome, the weather conditions will be at or above the applicable
planning minima as follows:...

"

So, I read this many times and I still do not understand :{ it. The second paragraf suggests to me that should wx at dest. is bellow minima at +/- 1hr we have to select new (provisional) dest and to plan fuel according to that.
However the first paragraph say it's ok just to have 2 alternates to original destination

If anybody could clear this for me I would appreciate it very much

BOAC
12th Jan 2007, 13:32
I see you have two identical posts to this one running in the Flt Ops forum. Please decide which forum you wish to use as you can only have one!:ugh: