PDA

View Full Version : Transat Interview

skycoupe
11th Jan 2007, 19:50
Just got the call, have an interview in YUL in a few weeks
Reaching out to see if anyone has any insight into what type of interview it is, what type of questions, etc.
Any input is appreciated
Blue skies

gumbi
13th Jan 2007, 00:19
Been with them for 10 years now, great co., still enjoying every minute of it...
Unfortunately, interview format must have changed a lot since I got mine in 1996, but good luck! As I said, great bunch of people, great airplanes, great destinations and k****ss management!!! (as in ''they know what they're doing'', so far at least ;) )
Happy 20th Transat! :ok:

Lear45XR
13th Jan 2007, 21:29
Hi!

Interview is with 1 Chief-pilot(310 or 330)+1 HR person+1 ALPA rep.
If you meet the VP ops after the interview...you're in good shape:ok:
No Sim eval.
Remember they're hiring for YYZ base.
Great company to work for, I'm loving every minute of it.:ok:

Cheers!

skycoupe
13th Jan 2007, 23:27
Thanx for the replies
Appreciate the input.
One note .. the lady that did my phone interview said that if I was successful with the next interview, I would be doing a sim eval.
Not sure where or what aircraft .. think its gonna be YUL tho.
Does TS have its own sims?
Any further input into what type of interview it is would be greatly appreciated
Thanx again.

saudipc-9
14th Jan 2007, 17:34
Question 1. What are the indications of a fuel leak?:p

Just teasing.. Good luck in the interview!

Shaikh N Hoque
14th Jan 2007, 23:34
Just got the call, have an interview in YUL in a few weeks
Reaching out to see if anyone has any insight into what type of interview it is, what type of questions, etc.
Any input is appreciated
Blue skies

If you don't mind asking, what kind of time do you have?

gumbi
15th Jan 2007, 14:21
Does TS have its own sims?
Thanx again.

TS doesn't own any sim, but we have a contract with CAE in YUL for the A310 sim, so there you go, A310 CAE in YUL for the eval.

Question 1. What are the indications of a fuel leak?:p
Just teasing.. Good luck in the interview!

Just couldn't resist, could you?

skycoupe
15th Jan 2007, 18:06
saudipc-9 .. that I am flying a metro .. normal ops .. lol

Shaikh N Hoque .. just under 9000 hrs .. bush, 703, 704

gumbi .. thanx for the info .. hopefully I will get a chance to try out the joystick .. gotta make it through the interview first .. thanx again

Still no info on the interview tho .. any input would be greatly appreciated

gumbi
15th Jan 2007, 19:24
gumbi .. thanx for the info .. hopefully I will get a chance to try out the joystick .. gotta make it through the interview first .. thanx again

If you make it on the A330 yes, but no joystick on the A310!

Lear45XR
16th Jan 2007, 17:46
Hi!

Once again, best of luck! No one in my class had to do the Sim eval, but I know for a fact that some guys in the previous classes had to do it. I was told...but do not quote me on this...that the guys who had to do it had no previous jet and/or heavy turboprop/sim experience. (they had never been in a sim before and the company wanted to make sure that they would do well)
As you know TS was started by French-Canadian pilots (20 years ago), so they will be happy to hear you speak in la langue de Molière. (not mandatory but it helps).

No technical questions.

:ok:

Boeing737jock
16th Jan 2007, 20:13
Sorry but i have 3000hrs on Jet B727 and B737 and i need to do the sim!

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
jock

Lear45XR
16th Jan 2007, 21:25
Well,

It looks like we got lucky LOL!:E

Take care!

I wish you all the best of luck...it is a great company to work for and I can't wait to see you guys on the line!:ok:

TFTMB
17th Jan 2007, 17:03
I was told that sim may not be required for candidates with sufficient jet time.

Has anyone done an enterview with another major in Canada? How did the Transat enterview compare?

I'm also interested in the schedule and the bid system, how they worK? Do you get first picks often?

What's a typical summer/winter schedule like for a new FO?

Are there any overnights in Canada/where?

Can you bid overtime?

Cheers,

Martin

skycoupe
17th Jan 2007, 20:51
If you make it on the A330 yes, but no joystick on the A310!
There you go . . the groundschool has already started .. :O
T minus 5 days and counting til the interview
Got the new suit today .. hair cut tomorrow
Gonna look good, even if only drivvle comes out of my mouth

I honestly don't care about the scheduling system etc. .. from what I know about the company from my friends that currently work there, this is the place to be .. I would drive the Tug in Tuktuyuktuk, if thats what it takes. This is the kind of company that looks after its people

gumbi
18th Jan 2007, 00:30
This is the kind of company that looks after its people

It's also the place where you still, as a pilot, have a say on the operation, and the way YOU manage your own flight, to a certain extent at least...

It's a small BIG company, or a big SMALL company :) , where the pilots input is always welcome!

Good Luck to all who applied

aircockroaches
24th Jan 2007, 20:04
skycoupe

How did the interview go?

TFTMB
27th Jan 2007, 19:03
Hi,

Very straight forward interview and sim eval, no surprises. Did everyone go to sim and meet with the VP Ops? I forgot to ask how many they were hiring, anyone know?

Good luck to everyone.

Martin

Boeing737jock
27th Jan 2007, 22:39
Got my phone call yesterday! and Bingo!.......

jock:E

TFTMB
27th Jan 2007, 23:25
Congratulations, did you interview this past week? When do you start?

TFTMB
1st Feb 2007, 01:42
I heard today that they called some references last week but no news yet! Anyone hear back?