PDA

View Full Version : Seaplane rating

Hudson Bay
10th Jan 2007, 14:09
Hi guys,

I am coming to Canada in June for a 2 week holiday and want to add a seaplane rating to my UK licence. Firstly can anybody advise me on the required paper work I might need to have before I arrive. Secondly can anybody recommend a school close to Haliburton. I'm staying on Lake Kashagawigamog.

Thanks in Advance.

Hudson

Pilot DAR
12th Jan 2007, 01:12
Hello Hudson Bay,

Contact Tom at Orillia Aviation: http://www.orilliaaviation.com/about.htm

If they are not training this summer, he should know who is. I know an instructor who trains floats there on occasion, I can ask her if she's working this summer.

I certainly encourage your desire for more training, but do your homework on what to expect. With a fresh float rating, you have a license to learn, you won't be let loose to explore the north!

I'll enquire of a float flying buddy who lives in Haliburton. I don't think that there is flight training there, as the lakes are a bit tight, with healthy hills around. Orillia is an hour drive away, and an ideal environment.

I live fairly close to the area you'll be visiting, If you need more help, let me know.

Cheers, Pilot DAR

Hudson Bay
15th Jan 2007, 19:39
Thanks Pilot DAR. I have emailed them today so just waiting for a reply.

Pilot DAR
16th Jan 2007, 03:27
Hi Hudson Bay,

I can make a few other contacts for you if you wish...

Cheers, Pilot DAR

Hudson Bay
17th Jan 2007, 20:03
Hi Pilot DAR

I called Tom and he was really helpful. He is going to pass on my details to the right people. Do you know if there is any other seaplane schools slightly closer to Haliburton? Any information will be of great help.

Hudson Bay (The real true North)!

Moose47
19th Jan 2007, 00:19
Here's a company with a good reputation and only a couple of hours north of Haliburton.

Cheers...Chris

www.algonquinflightcentre.com