PDA

View Full Version : easyJet - Wannabees & Recruitment (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

little_miss_sunshine
3rd Apr 2007, 13:10
Thanks for that! I will hopefully get it sorted ASAP with the tax office but just not in time for my assessment!

little_miss_sunshine
3rd Apr 2007, 15:09
Sorry everyone but one last question. Is there any particular colours I should avoid wearing to the assessment day (like bright colours)? I know jeans aren't very appropriate. Also is it ok to have my hair tied back and how much make up should I wear?

JoJoTink
3rd Apr 2007, 15:26
Sunshine you worry to much, just be relaxed and enjoy the day. I had my assessment day last week and it was fine, not scary and everyone was so nice. Good Luck, Im sure you will be fine :ok:

Dolley
3rd Apr 2007, 15:26
I would advice conservative interview style clothing like a suit in conservative colours. You just can't go wrong with that and everything else is a risk.

Hair tied back is fine, just make sure it looks tidy and stays like that for the day (check in mirror in your breaks).

Same counts for make-up. Again, go conservative, nothing too funky or like for a night out. If you usually don't wear make-up I would recommend to put on a minimum anyway as it's required for the job.

little_miss_sunshine
3rd Apr 2007, 15:39
JoJo Tink - yeah I think I do worry too much! I hope your assessment day went well and you get the job.

Dolley - thanks for that. I think I'll just go for simple colours like black and cream cause I guess you can't really go wrong with them.

psychopathbabble
3rd Apr 2007, 16:06
Just wear what you feel comfortable in, i wore my favourite green (!) cardigan and black trousers. if you are uncomfortable with what you wear, it will make you more nervous!

best of luck x :)

Wulfy
3rd Apr 2007, 19:44
In a mail the recruitment team said i can change my base : If you wish to change your requested base you can do this by logging back onto your application and changing the base you have asked for. Please note you can only request one base.

But i just don't see where i can change it when i logon onto my application ? :confused:

justD
3rd Apr 2007, 21:13
I think you can change the requested base under:
"Resubmit Screening Questions"

little_miss_sunshine
4th Apr 2007, 11:14
Can someone tell me roughly what the English test consists of? Just English is definitely not my best subject! Thanks!

c_ouame
4th Apr 2007, 12:33
The English Test is very difficult. You have 10 minutes to write a 300-pages essay about the theory of low cost companies financial systems !

Good luck !

To tell the truth, they just want to know if you do understand what is written on the paper they will show you !

Be cool, nothing impossible will be asked !

C_ouame.

little_miss_sunshine
4th Apr 2007, 12:49
I did like your funny reply! Thanks. I know I can only give it my best shot and hope for the best but I can't stop worrying!

Airbourne-Adamski
4th Apr 2007, 15:13
Blimey

Not been in here for a few days, and there is a fair new faces here going for easyjet.

I am not in recruitment for a few weeks so i want get to meet some of you going on assessment days.

I wish you all luck though.

Ramino
5th Apr 2007, 20:07
I had the same problem. could not change my requested base online; I sent them the application but had no reply; is that all right?
Last time I applied they gave me a feedback after few days, even just to say...we received your application etc.etc.; now it has been 10 days without any notice, should i ra submit again?
I don't know how to change the base online? any help?

Wulfy
5th Apr 2007, 20:26
I've sent them a mail about that and they did change it for me.

JoJoTink
5th Apr 2007, 21:23
:) Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i got thejob!!!!!! Soooo Happy right now!!!!! Thank you adam and everyone at the assesment day!!! I start my trainin on may 15th!!!! so excited :ok: Good Luck to all those goin for assesments, im sure u will all b fine :ok:

Dolley
5th Apr 2007, 21:40
Congratulations JoJo

and welcome on board :-)

psychopathbabble
5th Apr 2007, 22:35
That is fantastic news!!

Well done :ok:

I look forward to training with you xx

c_ouame
6th Apr 2007, 09:05
Congratulations. I know what you feel. I should see you there then !

Seize your last moments of leisure !

c_ouame.

esy
6th Apr 2007, 09:22
How nice everybody gets the job:E

mead1981
6th Apr 2007, 20:22
Hi im new here and i am also on the training course on the 15 may.

Airbourne-Adamski
9th Apr 2007, 11:43
Hi JoJo

Congratulation,

I actually knew you had the job, me and my college decided take take you on after we saw you in the interview but obviously i could not say anything :}

Good luck on youtr course x

Airlinegirl
11th Apr 2007, 17:51
:)

Hey Guys

Congrats to everyone whos got jobs, i start training on the 24th April and my base will be stanstead, am really looking forward to it, is anyone else on here starting then? Ive had all my pre course stuff through now and i only have 1 more week left at my current job YAY!! So scary tho!

Will probably be seeing some of you in the air soon! YAY!!

scotslasslaura
11th Apr 2007, 19:46
Hey,

Im new here and obviously considering a career with Easyjet. I would like to be based at Glasgow (Edinburgh is just too far away) but there are no vacancies. Just wondering if anyone reading this can tell me if there will be any in the near future.

Im desperate to become cabin crew espcially with Easyjet as Ive heard so many good things about them.

Im 22 and have an HND in International Travel and a BA Tourism International Travel Management degree. Ive got 5 years customer service experience and a Welcome Host certifcate. Im also currrently doing the cabin crew diploma course so hopefully this will help too.

Do you think Easyjet will look at this and see how committed I am to pursuing this career. Ive spent a lot of money and time and hope that this will pay off!!

Id apprecaite any helps/tips for my application form especially the bit about why you want to be cabin crew apart from travel and meeting people!!!!

Thanks v Much

Laura x x

shinners
12th Apr 2007, 15:24
Who will start the ezy course in Luton on the 8th May?

Please contact me!

c_ouame
12th Apr 2007, 15:44
I am not ! But I should start later on May 22. see you there..

Dolley
13th Apr 2007, 18:42
scotslasslaura:

Great that you are interested in a career with easyjet. I personally love it, I hope you will too!

Anyway, here's some answers for some of your questions:

I'm sorry but I wouldn't know if they are recruiting for GLA in the near future. My advice would be to apply anyway if EDI is a short-term option at all.

The network is always expanding and sooner or later they'll hire more staff for GLA. Don't forget that the whole interview process and the initial training will take quite a while...who knows...maybe by then it's already an option.

If you've got to go to EDI take it as an experience and transfer as soon as possible back to GLA. If EDI is not an option at all you will have to wait...but if you are as keen as you make out you probably won't want to wait. I waited forever until they where recruiting for my preferred base and in hindsight I wish I had applied sooner and dealt with the base later....but that's just me.

About the course you are doing...not sure about easyjet's view on things but I could imagine they view it a bit as wasted money (well, I do and I don't know any crew who bothered)...but obviously you are keen and trying to proof it which is good and I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Plus, if you get the job it might help you a bit.

They are even some companies that prefer new entrants with no experience because crew with experience have to 'un-learn' a lot and not just learn new stuff.
easyjet is not one of them as we are having lots of people who've been working for other airlines (from Ryanair to BA) before so I guess the course won't hurt.

So I don't believe the course will give you a disadvantage but I don't think it will give you a great advantage for getting the job either.
On the other hand it'll probably give you an insight into cc work and therefore show you if you really like to do it as much as you thought and that alone is priceless.

Good luck.

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 22:08
It depends on the severity of the 'Gross misconduct', but remember though that companies are not really allowed to give bad references. All they are really allowed to do is confirm you worked there and the dates that you were under their employment.

If a company gives you a bad reference along the lines of "You were caught with your hands in the till", then that company would be in the wrong as it is no longer allowed for those types of references to be issued.

But honesty is the best policy. There was a recruit from Glasgow who I knew who made it to the second week of the training course and was called out of the class room one day and was fired on the spot. He basically had not told easyJet that he had been sacked from one of his previous employers, and that information came to light and he was sacked as a result.

The company does say to you to be honest and be upfront, because if you are honest and upfront they can try to help you and will let you know if your "transgression" is a major problem or not. :)

TightSlot
15th Apr 2007, 22:18
An easy way to give a bad reference is simply to decline to give one at all. I think you'll find that there are unofficial methods of communicating that are effective - I'm also not certain that it is correct that a 'bad' reference cannot be given

What I'm trying to say is that you should assume that the nature of your dismissal will be communicated, one way or another.

Getoutofmygalley
15th Apr 2007, 22:29
I think that once you have issued easyJet with your references list you are not allowed to change that list - but I can not swear on that, you could always contact the id department using the same email address that you would have sent your references list to to clarify.

I can not say either way whether you are "screwed" or not, that is why I say honesty is the best policy. Just keep your fingers crossed and keep the company informed of what happened in your old job and fingers crossed everything will work out for you.

Dolley
15th Apr 2007, 22:34
UK guy:

I'm sure they appreciate your honesty, however, depending on why and what the whole story is easyjet might not have a choice because of safety and security reasons.

In general they seem to give people a chance but some things are worse than others and if there is the slightest suspicion that your history suggest trouble for your colleagues/passengers/the safety of an aircraft they won't take the chance just to do you a favour.

I hope it's nothing so severe and I hope you'll be ok as you sound like you have learned from your mistake whatever it was. Good luck!

I wouldn't try to hide it from them because you never know who knows whom and if it ever comes to light you'll be in even more trouble and would probably have a second bad reference to deal with.

I think they are not allowed to give a bad reference as such but they are allowed to give your reason for leaving and if that's gross misconduct they will say so. Any chance you can talk to your old company and get them to change it?

Dolley
15th Apr 2007, 23:13
Haha, not sure if bribing is the right way to go...

But maybe there's a manager that you got on well with and who might be willing to help you out?
Even if the reason for leaving can't be changed if you get an additional personal reference from somebody important in the same company it might make a difference...
The more positive stuff you got to make up for it the better!

Dolley
15th Apr 2007, 23:33
Always happy to help :-)

boyoneder
17th Apr 2007, 15:49
Hi All :ok:
Was just wondering if any body was going to the Assesment day @ luton on the 20th??
If so please get in touch cos im dead nervous!

Regards to all

JoJoTink
17th Apr 2007, 18:27
Hmmmm i was meant to be gettin a tattoo on my lower back for my birthday but i said on my form that i had no tattoos :oh: will they care that ive got a tattoo? its not like anyone will see it :\ start trainnin on may 15th so im a little worried :uhoh:

loosey
19th Apr 2007, 10:59
hi all
i have an asessment day on the 26th april any pointers please
:confused: :uhoh:

TightSlot
19th Apr 2007, 11:40
Have you thought of actually reading the wealth of information on the subject available both on this forum and this thread? Many people find that to be helpful.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Apr 2007, 13:06
boyonender

I will see you on the 20th as I am recruiting at the academy, good luck

JoJotink

Many people have tatoos including me. As long as it can not be seen when wearing the uniform you ill be fine

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Apr 2007, 13:15
UKguy

From a recruiters point of view, please be honest about your reasons for leaving.
As it is on your application it does ask reasons for leaving for each of your jobs.
If your not honest and it comes out later you will most likely chucked off your training course as this isw when your references are all processed.

Again as previous posts have said if you are invited to a assessment day you will probably get asked why yuo left that particular job. Just explain what happened.

I cant say how it will affect your application. It will be looked at on the day, but gross misconduct id looked at seriously.
Dont let this put you off, it is merely friendly points.

Wulfy
19th Apr 2007, 18:42
After a mail about that the London base wasn't available anymore and that I could change my base to get further on with my application (I changed it to Edinburgh) I didn't hear anything anymore from Easyjet. Now I've seen that the Edinburgh base is also gone on the list of bases they are currently recruiting for. Does that mean they won't invite me for an interview?

Dolley
19th Apr 2007, 20:15
Wulfy:

Best action in my opinion would be a phone call (or email)to find out. Especially to find out if they received your second application because I'm almost sure you still should at least get a confirmation email that they got it. Whilst on the phone to them you can ask about the bases as well.
Good luck!

boyoneder
21st Apr 2007, 06:54
Hi all, Had my assesment day yesterday, it was good and enjoyed it.
Got through to interview, suppose I just have to wait and see what happens now tho! :ok:

Airlinegirl
21st Apr 2007, 08:11
Boyonder

Good luck, i hope you did ok? Let us know how you get on!!

I start my traning on tuesday!! Im well excited hehe

boyoneder
21st Apr 2007, 08:25
Thanks Airline girl, I do hope I did ok..I was the last to be interviewed though so they proberly found someone before me! Good luck with you training! What Base are you going to be at?? And how long was it before you found out you had been excepted onto training?

stanstedguy
21st Apr 2007, 19:47
Hi there everyone. Ive just been reading most of your posts and i would just like to say that they have been really helpfull. So Thanks.

I have been excepted by easyJet for a position as Cabin Crew at London Stansted and my training starts on the 1st May, Only 10 Days!!. I am really looking forward to it, but there is just one thing that is starting to make me a little bit nervous and that is the exams that we have to do. I was just wondering if anybody could give me some idea on what they are like and if they are very hard to pass.

I would appreciate any response.

Airlinegirl
22nd Apr 2007, 10:14
Boyonder - Im going to be based at stanstead. Im getting a little bit nervous now.. only 2 days before i start - eek.. Ive wanted to do this for such a long time and now its here and ive finnished my other job im getting scared!!

I hope the exams arnt too bad either... ill just have to study really hard!!

I hade my assesment day on the thursday and they rang me the next day.. but i have been told and believe its very different. Depending on how many people they had and stuff.. i dunno. Im sure you will hear tomorrow. You will have to let me know how you get on!:)

stanstedguy
22nd Apr 2007, 11:12
Yeah thankyou. I hope all goes well for you to:) . I will definatly let you know how it goes. Ive been told the same as you, but i guess if we do study hard then we should be fine.

I had my assesment day on a friday, oh about 1 month ago now. That went really well actually. They got back to me offering me the job on the following tuesday. I then started getting all the emails about sorting out your references and things like that, and two days ago i got what i believe was my final one regarding all the Pre Course Information with things like the Hotel that im at and course timetables.

Im abit nervous as well. I finished my previous job on friday, now just trying to relax and learn a few things before i leave next sunday!:)

Dolley
22nd Apr 2007, 11:45
All you new starters:

Like you already said yourself, as long as you put your mind to it you'll be doing fine in the exams.
It's intense stuff but not rocket science.
A lot of it is common sense and most off it is pure studying and memorizing.

Don't forget, that the most difficult part is behind you: passing the interview!
easyjet now wants you to be successful with your course and they give you a lot of training and support so you are as best as possible prepared for your exams. So as long as you study and focus on your training you'll be absolutly fine :-)

Good luck everybody!

boyoneder
22nd Apr 2007, 16:59
Airlinegirl
My base choice was stansted too, so maybe :confused: you about some time in the crew room! :eek:

GOOD LUCK with your training, ill let you know how I get on.

Thanks Dolley for your positive words! :)

stanstedguy
22nd Apr 2007, 18:10
Cheers dolley for the positive words.:)

Hopefully will see you in the crew room sometime then. Hope all goes well Airlinegirl and Boyoneder in your training.

You have to let us know how both you get on. Good Luck.:ok:

boyoneder
22nd Apr 2007, 18:30
Thanks Stansted Guy, Hopefully I'll get through to training!
Good luck with yours,sure you will be fine with lots of revision!
If I dont get through let me know what it's like so that I can swot up incase I apply again! :ok:

Cheers

stanstedguy
22nd Apr 2007, 19:02
Boyoneder,

You will do fine, Just keep thinking you can do it and then you should be ok. I will tell you even if i do get threw the training , how about that.:ok:

At least youve got the right attitude. Keep Trying no matter what.

Again Youll be fine.:)

Airlinegirl
22nd Apr 2007, 19:03
thanks Dolly for the advice.. its much appreciated !!!

Dolley
23rd Apr 2007, 09:21
No worries guys,
I still remember how it was for me and I'm feeling with you!

You won't meet me in Stansted any time soon as I'm BRS based but you never know :-)

Again, good luck and keep us posted how you are getting on.

FlyJumbo
23rd Apr 2007, 20:02
Hello to all EZY crew.

I am wondering if anyone can help me. I am VERY seriously considering joining EZY, for many different reasons, too many to get into on here. I am currently working for the counrty's flag carrier, but really need a change. I am wondering if anyone can give me some more information about the company, ie: what the crew really think about the company, salaries etc. I know what the rosters are like and not affraid of wearing orange. Although i must say, I do like the new uniform.

Some information wouldbe greatly appreciated, and if anyone would like to IM me that would be great, would love to chat.

Ta all :)

Dolley
24th Apr 2007, 13:38
Flyjumbo:

You will find plenty of information in this threat and in the crew discussion threat in case you haven't read them yet.

However, ver quickly, I believe most crew like their job with easyjet, the pay is very competative, and the company seems to care about us more than most others do.
But you'll always find some few who will disagree with all I just said.

The rosters are 6 days on, 3 days off, and how hard you'll work in your six days depends on base and season. Personally I barely ever work all six days cause there's usually one or two sby's I don't get called. It's normally 2 or 4 sector days but I believe there's a couple of bases with 6 (very short) sector days.
No night stops except from Gatwick in MAD or unplanned.

I've been with the company for 1.5 years now and I really like it (well, most days, anyway ;-)). I just got my promotion to SCCM and if you've been flying for a while you might be able to apply for direct entry SCCM which boosts the salary up even more.

If you've got anymore questions feel free to ask here or pm me.
Hope this helps.

psychopathbabble
24th Apr 2007, 15:04
Anyone else who starts training on May 15th?? :8

I got my workbook through last night and am now stressing about learning it all as I'm on holiday the week before, so no doubt it will all leave my brain! :confused:

Look forward to meeting anyone else who starts at same time :p

x

c_ouame
24th Apr 2007, 15:26
Whaoo ! 15th may ! It is tomorrow ! I am starting my training the week after.

With your post I know I should receive my workbook in a few days...

I am finishing my job at the end of the week and I've planned to go to holidays next week. I am also stressing a bit as I don't know how much I will have to learn before I go to Luton. BUT... isn't it a pleasure to learn new things while you're putting your toes in the sand ?

Good luck to everyone.

psychopathbabble
24th Apr 2007, 16:06
Hello, good luck to you for 2 weeks time... I am starting in 3 weeks (the week after you I think) so I have 7 days left at work :ok: I was hoping to not use my brain while laying on the beach, but I can think of worse places to revise! ;)

See you there!

boyoneder
25th Apr 2007, 20:51
ok, got the job! Buttt, just turned it down! I'm going to re-apply when I can drive!

Gutted

Dolley
25th Apr 2007, 22:24
boyonder:

Wasn't that a bit hasty? There's lots of crew who can't drive/don't have a licsence/car/... and they all find some way to deal with it...and normally do quite well with public transport.
Most of them get a car and their driving test sorted out quickly to be sure but some crew even seems to prefer doing it this way because they reckon they wouldn't want to drive after a long four sector day...

Anyway, my point is, there's usually a way around it.

Capricorn1
25th Apr 2007, 22:32
Hi all
I'm new to this forum. Does anyone know if you can apply to Easyjet for Luton base even though they are not recruiting there at the moment, and be put on hold until there is an opening there? Or do I need to wait and keep checking to see if something comes up at Luton?
Many thanks.:)

boyoneder
26th Apr 2007, 08:58
Dolly, it wasnt hasty cos Ive been thinking about it for ages...If I was on stand-by and ezy called me at 3 in the morning, I would not be able to get there, at first I thought I would be able to, but I would have to get 2 buses and 1 train and I only live 30 mins drive away!
The other thing that was bugging me was living on £600 for a month whilst training...So im going to learn to drive save some money and then re-apply......If easyJet will then have me,but may have :mad: ed that up now.

Getoutofmygalley
26th Apr 2007, 11:02
boyoneder you do realise that training is just ONE month don't you? Once you start flying you will then be earning sector pay and commission which will be more than double £600!

If you do know that training is just one month, then it seems like you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's not that easy to get a job with an airline (as most people on here will confirm), it might be worth thinking about it over the next few days and maybe changing your mind.

There are ways around standbys though. You might get to be really good friends with people on your course who live near your base, and they might let you sleep over when on an early standby. You might even get THAT friendly with people that you want to consider a house share with them too!

EzyChic
26th Apr 2007, 11:41
Boyonder,

I live a good 45 minutes away from the airport and always managed to get in without driving, you will find trains run throughout the night for one thing and you may just have to get a cab to the station. Too me almost 2 years to get a car.

Or you could even get a cab to the airport.

Or try and swap your sbys for flights.

To be totally honest I would question your desire to fly if you are letting such minor obstaicals (sp??) detare you.

Maybe it's best you don't join ezy, you might deide it's not for you after a days hard work.

Sorry

Ezy

EzyChic
26th Apr 2007, 11:44
Oh,

and if you have problems getting to an airport why are you asking if virgin are recruiting...?

Are you aware that you have to go to the airport if you work for Virgin too?

Ezy

boyoneder
26th Apr 2007, 11:51
getoutofmygalley, Thanks for your feedback..I would feel more comfortable if i could drive, as i dont want to let easyjet down by not being able to get there or being late cos of trains or buses.
I understand that it's not easy to get the job with an airline, but it is something I want to do and I want to do it well, so thats why I would rather wait and get it right.

boyoneder
26th Apr 2007, 11:54
ezychic, I was asking because once I have a car, I will reaplly to Easyjet but fear they may not employ me now cos I turned down there job offer, so was keeping my options open.

EzyLady
27th Apr 2007, 09:45
Hi everyone!
Anyone who starts training on June 5th?
I know this will be an endless month for me...I'm already getting quite nervous...anyway I'm so happy about it.:)

ezystar
27th Apr 2007, 17:40
Hi everybody!

i will apply pretty soon for the position of sccm, any hints and tips for the interview day will be higly appreciated please!:D

Dolley
27th Apr 2007, 20:20
As I've been approached a few times now about the SCCM interview, here my statement and my advice on the matter for everybody to read:

Best advice I can give you is the one one I've been given by an OPM myself:

Think about all the qualities of a SCCM eg leadership, customer service, organization,... and try to remember a situation when you used those skills yourself.

All the questions they ask you are like: Tell us about a situation when...
So have lots of examples ready for everything you can think of. Make sure they are about you and not about a team achievement.

Oh, and be ready for the usual stuff like: why do you want to be a senior.

Be yourself and relax. Remember that they want you to get it right too! I was very nervous and not very confident because I applied for CRA before and didn't get it because of the interview but I prepared really hard with the advice I just gave you and it paid of.
Good luck!

Airlinegirl
30th Apr 2007, 08:16
Boyonder!!

Why did you say no!!! You should have taken it regardless of having a car or not... these interviews are so hard .. i have 5 interviews with as many airlines before i got the job with easy.. even if i didnt have a car that wouldnt have put me off.. cause i really wanted the job. In my experience some companys do hold it against you if you go turn down things, cause technically you have stopped someone else getting the job... Like Dolley i would question wether you really want to do it.. nothing would stop me.
But if thats what you have decided then good luck to you.

Ive just finnished my first week of training and its absolutly brilliant.. i love it. Its so interesting. I passed my first exam and have my airbus one on wednesday.. which is a bit scary!! But its great to put on the uniform and cant wait till im out there doing it for real, even tho is a little scary!

Good luck to everyone else is applying!

EzyChic
30th Apr 2007, 09:11
Glad you're enjoying airline girl.

Where will you be based?

Training is great fun, and you'll probably meet some life long friends.

Good Luck in your exams, just listen and study and you'll be fine.

Ezy

Airlinegirl
30th Apr 2007, 09:44
im gonna be based at stanstead.. ive made some really good friends already.. i feel like ive know them for ever, i have 2 days off now and i really miss them!!!

Ciccio78
30th Apr 2007, 15:32
Hello guys,

i haven't been posting for a while, i hope you are all ok..
The last time it was before attending my assessment day. Well, as i red in this forum it was very relaxed and trainers were absolutely fantastic!! I maneged to go throught the final stage which was the 2-2-1 interview.
They really make you feel comfortable and this interview was different from the others i had in the past as i was very calm and relaxed.
When i walked out the building i felt very confident and i had a feeling that i had done quite well.
After exactly one weak i got a phone call that confirmed that felling.
I was offered a job with Easyjet!!!:) :) I was over the moon!! They really made my day!!!!! So, i'm orange now:)
I'll start my training on the 29th of May and i'll be based at Gatwick.
I can't wait to start!
Good luck to anyone who is attending an assessment day!!!

You will enjoy it.....

Francesco

Dolley
1st May 2007, 00:04
Ciccio78:

Congratulations and welcome on board :-)

Winch-control
1st May 2007, 21:11
Dropped in here by accident, but found the discussions very interesting, re- interviews. In preparation, if you are going for one you may like to google; the 55 most difficult hr questions. It certainly helped me when I went for my first interview after a long mil rearcrew service. I hope it will help you too. Hr is huge now in recruitment and knowing how to answer these questions must surely give you the edge. Hope this helps some of you!

Dolley
11th May 2007, 23:26
Ukguy:

I know it must be frustrating but at least it wasn't a full blown NO.
And they would say NO if they wanted to so you might still be getting somewhere. If I were you I would probably try to find out (email them) how long they holding it on file, just to find out when you can re-apply if you wanted to. And it shows that you are keen as well...

Anyway, try not to be to disappointed and good luck!

esy
12th May 2007, 07:57
I think that EZY does invite most of the applicants to attend
an ad, and NO only after sending an application doesn't occur often, does it?

btw an ap. is held on file for 6 months, so you can apply after that time again.

Getoutofmygalley
12th May 2007, 10:15
easyJet most certainly do NOT invite most applicants to attend assessment days. I know people who have applied several times to just even reach the assessment day stage.

esy
12th May 2007, 10:37
But they inform about "NO", right? Is it possible that it takes them two months to tell somebody that his application has been rejected? Or maybe after so long time an appl. is held on file until a chosen base is available?

Dolley
12th May 2007, 10:39
Getoutofmygalley and esy:

Indeed.

Even if you just read through this threat you will find that a lot of people didn't make it past the application state...some of them experienced crew with other airlines.

I personaly know quite a few people who applied and were never invited that includes former easyjet crew who wanted to come back.

To get an invitation is not as easy as some may think.
So getting your file into the system is already an achievment if not necessarily the most desired outcome...

Dolley
12th May 2007, 10:43
esy

I'm not claiming for a moment that mistakes don't happen but in general easyjet aims to be in touch with all applicants within 14days and you will either hear NO, get invited or obviously that they'll hold you on file.

Not sure why or under which circumstances they do the later and I don't know how long they hold you on file which is why I advised UKguy to email them to find out.

esy
12th May 2007, 10:50
Thanks Dolley, I will wait and see if they send me any answer.:)

Getoutofmygalley
12th May 2007, 10:54
Dolley

UKGuy has not said which base he applied for. It might be he has applied for one that is currently not recruiting, but his application was to a high standard. Therefore, recruitment want to keep it on file just in case a position opens up at his chosen base.

UKGuy might want to possibly consider applying NOW for a base that is currently recruiting.

Dolley
12th May 2007, 11:06
Getoutofmygalley:

Don't they usually mention 'We are currently not recruiting for your chosen base' or something like it when emailing you?!

Getoutofmygalley
12th May 2007, 14:52
Can't say for sure as when I joined a few years back I applied for LGW which was recruiting like nobodies business at the time.

Dolley
12th May 2007, 21:54
Same with me but BRS :-)
So I guess we are both just guessing wildly after our best knowledge ;-)

Dolley
12th May 2007, 21:56
Did that make sense in English?
I hope so :O

JamalWallace
9th Aug 2007, 11:17
Hi all! I'm new here, i've a question... Is there any suggestion that you can give me to be ready for the recruitment? I read the requirements... It doesn't seems to be so difficult, but i'm so worried about my English (i'm from Italy...)! I'm studying it hardly, should i get any english-certificate? I was just wondering if attend a First-Aid training and as i said before get a certificate.
Thank's!