PDA

View Full Version : easyJet - Wannabees & Recruitment (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
9th Jan 2007, 09:20
easyJet thread for those with questions about the recruitment process

TheAnswer
13th Jan 2007, 17:59
Hi guys, I'm italian, first of all let me say this is a wonderful forum, I red all the 20 pages of the thread and I've found almost all answers I needed!

I did my online EJ application on Thursday and I got back this by the company:

Dear XXX.

Thank you for your application to easyJet for the position of Cabin Crew, which we have successfully received.

Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible and we will contact you via email with the outcome of your application.

Many thanks again for your interest in easyJet.

Kind Regards,

easyJet Crew Recruitment

I accurately filled my application, including the last five years history and my personal references too, I answered all questions concerning special situations with my customers that occurred in my current job. I obviously didn't get any outcome yet but if I well understood I should be emailed in any case within 14 days, if they'll find my application succesful I'll be invited to attend an assesstment day otherwise no. Is that correct?
Although in the EJ's site is reported that the assessment day will be attended at London Luton, I red here many different locations, (e.g Berlin or Dortmund) does this depend on the preferred base marked by the candidate in the application?
I red all comments and statements in the thread and I've to say it looks like EJ (as it's right to be) is carrying on a hard selection policy! It sounds like an assesstment day is supposed to start with 20/25 applicants but reading your comments I realized only 10/15 manage or not?
I've to say I'm a bit worried... even if I feel at ease.. I'm not English mother tongue. I was just wondering whether my fluency in English is enough to attend in a cool way an assessment day.. sigh sigh... :rolleyes:
I'm not scared about any math's test considering they provide you a calculator as it seems to be dealing only with normal additions and conversions (€->£).
I have no problem in correctly reading an announcement, I only guess I could find some problems concerning ad libbed announcements, it's not easy for foreigners to get a card and succesfully come out :* I remember that someone previously wrote they got rid of it, does anyone can confirm this statement?:confused:

Kind regards, thanks in advance for your answers.

ps: How did you find my English? Is in your opinion fluent enough?:confused: :}
ps2: Do you think the fact I need glasses could represent a problem?

I Just Want To Fly
14th Jan 2007, 04:52
I have just left EasyJet, but my boyfriend still flies for them.

Good luck with your application. There are a very large number of foreign crew, so I honestly don't think you will have a problem.... just make sure you FINISH the exam. Even if you are not sure of the answer at the end, just guess!

Are you interested in flying from Milano Malpensa (MXP). They are realy desperate for crew there! Particularly with Summer coming up. My boyfriend recently operated a flight from LGW-MXP-LGW, and when they got to MXP they were told that as there wasn't enough crew, they would have to operate MXP-NAP-MXP, and therefore delay the MXP-LGW flight, even though there were no italian speakers for a domestic flight. What a nightmare. They are so desperate for crew in MXP. I spent a week in MXP operating flights, some crew have been sent there for over a 3 months.

TheAnswer
14th Jan 2007, 10:19
Hi 'I Just Want To Fly', thanks for your answer. I red through this thread about the time you were the happiest girl of the world when you got the job and now you've just left it, what a pity! Anyway..I hope it has been your choice..;) What do you actually do?
Before thinking about exams I need they email me providing an invitation to an assessment day.. I hope they'll find my application successfull. It's quite queer they need crew in MXP, I'm quite certain they provided an assessment day in Milan 2 months ago in order to recruit people at MXP's base..didn't they? Unfortunately I'm going to move to Germany therefore I'm not interested in MXP's base, on the contrary I am for a German one just like Dortmund for instance. Do you know how is about DTM's base at the moment? Do they need crew?

In case they'll find my application successfull I hope you'll allow me to ask you some tips ;)

Greetings from Italy :D

Dolley
14th Jan 2007, 19:59
The answer:

Ciao :-)

I'll try to answer a few of your questions:

Yes, the selection process is quite hard. My assessment day started with 22-25 people and at least 8-10 had to leave during the day. The rest was invited to stay for a final one-to-one interview, so it still doesn't mean that everybody got it.

English is not my mother tongue either. Like 'I just want to fly' said, there are lots of foreign crew and I would say their level of english varies from averagely good to fluent. As long as you are able to understand what people want of you and you can make yourself understood (which seems to be the way) you should be fine!

Glasses aren't a problem as long as you can see good with your glasses on. You will need a confirmation from your optician but they will let you know about this in due time.

I don't know about DTM or SFX base and if they need crew. But you could always start at a different base and then transfer as soon as possible.

Anyway, good luck with your application!
Any more questions let us know :-)

Arrivederci :-)

TheAnswer
14th Jan 2007, 21:19
Hi Dolley thanks for supporting ;-)
I've asked whether they need crew at DTM's base in consideration of the fact that I've been watching on the site for 6 months, I only was wondering why it is always marked as an "available base" for recruitment. No one applies DTM as a preferred base??!!!

Asking a transfer could surely be an idea but first of all I need to be emailed in order to get an invitation to an assessment day and what is more I will need to succeed in :}
I red that in case of any vacant position at your preferred base they hold your application for 6 months, can an applicant suggest to be anyway assigned to another base with the purpose of asking a future transfer?

I'd have further question concerning ad libbed announcements.. I remember that someone previously wrote they got rid of it, could you confirm this statement or not?

The English test seems to be a comprehensive text followed by questions and multiple choice answers (3 and 1 is correct?). Is it a sort of memory exercise? I mean once you're given and red the text do they take it back as you must answer remembering its contents? It must be so otherwise I can't understand how people can fail, you know, once you're allowed to keep the compehensive text it's easy to come out with the correct answers isn't it?

Did you get through at your assessment day? :D
Regards

Dolley
14th Jan 2007, 21:53
The Answer:

I'm not sure how often they up-date the available base section on the webside. When I applied there was nothing on there for BRS but they were advertising in newspapers that they need crew for BRS...so just give it a go. They ask you for your preferred base but you can always start at a base where they need people and transfer later...but depending on the base the waiting list might be long...

About the PA announcements, I can't tell you if they're still doing them or not. They did 1 1/2 years ago when I had my assessment day but that might have changed. It wasn't very hard anyway. They would give you a card with a statement like ' MR AND MRS SMITH ARE ONBOARD TODAY, FLYING TO VCE TO CELEBRATE THEIR 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT.' So you would get up and say something like 'Ladies and Gents, we have mr.and mrs.smith on board today and they are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. The whole easyjet crew wants to congratulate them and wish them a great time in venice.'. Not too hard! It's more about being confident than being great at PA's.

When I did it the english test was a comprehensive test and a few question (not multiple choice) that you had to answer. I believe it's only about finding out if you understand and are able to make yourself understood. Not very hard, only the time pressure. Just make sure you read thouroughly!

There was no kind of memory tests when I went through and I doubt there is now. But they do ask a few questions about the company that you should be able to answer if you did your homework and read the webside.

And yes, I did make it through my assessment day and have been flying with easyjet ever since...actually having my senior interview coming up soon!

Best of luck!

TheAnswer
15th Jan 2007, 09:05
Dolley you kind, really thanks for all your Infos ;)

Well if there'll be no vacant position for my preferred base I could start at another one hoping there won't be too much people asking for a transfer to mine ;) :{
There's any memory test as it looks like you can with calm the comprehensive text before giving the answers ;) Is it about easyjet?
About the PA announcements.. well Mr Smith's anniversary is quite easy but e.g 'you ran out the sandwich make an announcement'..this I find difficult!
Applications are supposed to be screened withing 14 days as it's mentioned in the mail I got back but I red about people who waited also a month or more in order to know whether it was successfull or not! That sounds strange..it depends on what?
After all I find normal you should be studied about EJ's history, at least the most important steps. I do think it's right they ask something about the company ;)
Saluti :D

ps: Wish you good luck for your senior interview I'm sure you'll get it!! ;)

TheAnswer
16th Jan 2007, 09:55
Oh it looks like there's not so many people answering like in the previous months :(
Anyway...does anybody remember any of the items you are supposed to choose about the sinking cruise group exercise?

Virginia
16th Jan 2007, 15:17
I didn't have a PA annoucement in mine a few months ago.

And um...there are no correct items in the exercise. They don't give two hoots what you pick, it's all about teamwork. Even if you don't complete it they don't care, there will be an asssesor watching you to see how you work in the team.

TheAnswer
16th Jan 2007, 15:33
Thanks for your answer Virginia.
You didn't have any PA announcement? I guess you referred to the ad-libbed one as I suppose you were at least given a card to read a standard pre-fixed announcement isn't it?

I'm aware their main aim is finding out whether you're a team player or not but what about the cards you're given? E.g "you're diabetic you need peanuts to be carried..." or "you've alcohol problems you won't allow someone to bring alcoholics.."
Are there other cards' samples?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Regards.

Getoutofmygalley
16th Jan 2007, 15:53
TheAnswer

As Virginia has said, there is no right or wrong with the task, it is about team work. Don't go worrying about what is on the cards as the cards will say "You need XXX make sure you get it" and what the assessor will be looking for will be seeing how you go about making sure that you have XXX.

They won't want someone who is down right rude, nor will they want someone who doesn't speak up. So, it is a case of being diplomatic, letting everyone have their say but still making sure you get your point accross.

BTW Dolley - congrats on getting your SCCM :ok:

TheAnswer
16th Jan 2007, 16:07
To Getoutof...
Thanks, got all!
Hope I'll be emailed and invited to an assessment day soon! hi hi hi :}
At the moment I only know they reveived my application!
Do they normally manage to screen within 14 days as they wrote me back in the mail?

Dolley
16th Jan 2007, 18:51
Getoutofmygalley:

Thanks, but I havn't got it yet. Just the interview coming up! I'm very nervous. Loads of people who I thought would get it didn't get it lately... I guess, I can just give it a shot and see what happens. At least you get feedback either way so it will be a learning experience if nothing else!

The Answer:

Like everybody else said: Don't worry too much about the details. If you get invited just go there and try to enjoy the day. That's the best thing you can do :-)
And be patient if you don't get an answer straight away here. After all we have some flying to do sometimes :-)

TheAnswer
16th Jan 2007, 18:57
Dolley:
Ya that's what I think I'll do!
I'm patient I know the company might be busy.. but sometimes I'm not so positive and I look for a support here uahuahauh :} :hmm:
We will see... :ouch:

TheAnswer
19th Jan 2007, 12:13
Hey guys I'm really happy! Got an invitation to attend an assessment day on Tuesday 23rd January at Hotel Palace Berlin anyone else going?
Cheers:}

Dolley
19th Jan 2007, 14:00
Congratulations, the answer,

and good luck! :-)

TheAnswer
20th Jan 2007, 09:12
I've been invited to attend an assessment day in Berlin.
I was emailed and my attendance is now confirmed. They also specify before that I start the assessment session I'll be required to ensure that all my 5 yrs history are well and correctly completed. They advise me I'm still ontime to re-access my application if I need to add or modify something...
All I wrote is correct and true but why they asked me to check it again? Now I'm nervous..considering they seem to be rigorous and strict about it..and I wouldn't like later to be in the position of not getting a job a cause of misunderstandings that could have occurred :S

I've been doing my current job for 9 yrs, since 1998, never changed it, never gave it up therefore my 5 yrs history is not so long! As a reference I put my accountant as I'm self employed therefore I'm not able to state someone who's higher than me within the organisation.
Do you think that's enough?
Will they ask me to provide a letter from the tax office ('Inland Revenue') or is this something only related to English people working in UK?

ps: If I'll add or modify something am I supposed to click the 'SUBMIT' main botton as I previously did in order to send my application? As I so do then they'll have it twice (a second one). Unless it is sufficient to click only the submit botton in the modified session/window..

Dolley
20th Jan 2007, 11:33
The Answer:

Dude, you worry to much :-) Chill out a bit :-)
You got an automated email everybody gets. A lot of people struggle with their 5 year history because they have to chase up loads of references and don't take responsibility for it. You don't seem to be the type who will have problems like this.
About having been self employed: Just go to the Assessment day and when you get to the stage of the one to one interview they will go through your online application anyway. Then tell them about your concerns and ask if your accountant is the right person to pick as a reference.
I don't know about the Inland revenue stuff but again, that will be the time to ask them. You will have plenty of time to get everything organized and from what you said you won't have a problem at all. Don't forget, we've all been there!

As for your online application, if I remember it right you just re-submit an modified version by clicking the submit button again.
Don't worry to much, you'll be fine. It's all not rocket science after all ;-)

TheAnswer
20th Jan 2007, 11:57
I couldn't ask more than Dolley's support!
Thanks mate ;) and... Yeah that's true man, I should chill out more than a bit! ;-)

To be sure I've just now added my old accountant too (she's cool,won't be a bad ref. even if I left her:} ) and my solicitors too.

My session will be on Tuesday 23rd but I'll fly tomorrow to Berlin as I want to take it easy and have some free time before to chill out ;-) Fingers crrrrrrrrrrossed :D

justlikeme
21st Jan 2007, 20:20
hi everyone,

ive started reading in here and thx to everyone who posted all his experiences. they are very helpful!

kinda embarassing question but i need to know cause i cant get it out of my head lol. ive just read the things about the PA´s and i have no clue what that means haha

so... what does that really mean?

"There is a stag do travelling, announce it."

i think my englisch isnt that bad (ok actutally i hope so) but hmm a STAG isnt that an animal?!? any help would be very appreciated :) cause if im still clueless when im going to my AD im sure that im the lucky one who will get this question.... and actually i dont wanna blame myself with talking about an animal who´s traveling around the world haha.... cause im sure that would be damn wrong haha

EzyChic
21st Jan 2007, 20:43
Before a woman gets married she goes out with all her female friends on a HEN DO (she being the hen). The man has a STAG do (him being the stag).

It's supposed to be their last night of freedom before their wedding.

A lot of people now go abroad for theirs, so for a stag or hen do, you'd expect lots of (stereotypically) rowdy men/women, good fun as long as you know how to handle them.

Hope that helps

Ezy

Dolley
21st Jan 2007, 22:48
Just in case you still didn't understand (although I'm sure you have after ezychic's explination) here in german:

STAG do/party: Jungesellenabschied fuer Maenner
HEN do/party: Jungesellenabschied fuer Frauen

But I thought of like the idea of the travelling stag looking for his doe...;-)

justlikeme
22nd Jan 2007, 04:52
ahhh i see i see!!! THANK U VERY MUCH :)

TheAnswer
24th Jan 2007, 12:57
Hi guys here I am!
First of all I´ve to say my assessment day has been a bit different from all others I´ve red here.
Starting at hotel palace Berlin was supposed to be at 08.30, I was there at 08.10 more or less.
When I step outside the lift I couldn´t believe what I was going to see.. a queue of maybe 140 people waiting to be checked.. I thought they couldn´t be there for EJ... but unfortunately they were.http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/smileys/smiley5.gif
I was facing an open day provided by EJ probably with announcements on locals newspapers as half Berlin was there to try!
Though I was pretty confident and aware of my capacities this fact got a bit on my nerves.. I started to consider 2 possibilities.. 1. they really need to hire...or... 2. they are simply going to hardly select.. during the day I realized they didn´t need to hire at all!!
Anyway.. we are split into 2 parts, more or less 70/70. First step the EJ staff introduce the figure of a cabin crew member by showing a video. Then the tests started.
Math test: You are given a blank paper, a pencil, a calculator and obviousy the test itself on which you find the on-board menu with prices and currency conversions.
I found the math test pretty easy but revising conversions before could be a precious suggestion as questions are like:
"A passenger buys 3 vodka, 2 pringles, peanuts, 2 muffins and 3 tonics. He gives you 50€ but he´d like to get back Danish KR" or variations such as Swiss FR or €. They provide you all what you need you definitely can´t miss it! And what´s more it´s all about multiple choice.

ENGLISH TEST: Well, here things are going to be not so easy as before, you have now a comprehensive text (I got one about a company which was goin to move..) I suggest you to red carefully and to understand all as you´ll face answers in a true/false style and they like to mislead and confuse you a bit ;)

ABILITY TEST: ie Dialogue:
John:"My flight is scheduled at 7 o´clock in the morning"
Mary: "Pretty smart, I´ll be able to bring you to the airport"
Question: "At what time is J. supposed to leave"?
a- 7 AM
b- 11 AM
c- 7 PM
And other stuff like this.
Break 30 min more or less.
Back in the room. They say "the numbers we´re now going to call should please follow me into another room in order to make another
test... please take all your belongings and don´t leave anything in the room" ...try to guess why you´re advised to to take all your belonings.. hi h ih hi. Those people has been rejected. It´s incredible, we were 140 we remained more or less 60!
GROUP EX: Sinking Cruise/carrying items to a nearby island.
Split into 3-4-5 people groups and supposed to choose 10 items out of 30 list. Everyone has a special card in which is specifically told what you definitely MUST bring with but you´re not allowed to show to others. At each table seats 2 EJ staff.
It´s all about team working skills, stay calm and be confident.

30 min break
Invited again into the big room and again the game of the marked numbers... another 30 people rejected.
We remained 35 who are entitled to attend the last step: the interview.
Unfortunately I wasn´able to be interviewed because of a personal problem occurred, EJ staff is out of lines friendly and told me I deserve it and I´ve earned it by getting through the whole day therefore they´ll call me the next days and will invite me to attend it in UK.
That´s all friends, I had a pleasant day, I knew amazing and friendly people but please let me say a word about EJ staff they are more than FANTASTIC! Always friendly, smiling, providing help. I guess it was not easy to deal with such a big number of candidates but they have given more than their best. I was relaxed, confident and smart. That´s what they provided and that´s the figure they´re looking for ;)
Hoping I´ll be called a.s.a.p. I virtually embrace you all and thank for all tips I was able to get from here.

See u soon ;) Regards

Dolley
24th Jan 2007, 14:26
Hi The Answer,

Well done for making it through the day. I guess it was such a big event as it wasn't held in Luton...
Anyway, you made it through which is the main thing :-)

A bit annoying though that you will have to travel to Luton for your interview...
If you haven't had your call after a week or two I would call them myself if I were you. Just to remind them of yourself ;-)

And you are right, the staff is usually pretty good, friendly and helpful.

Hope your personal problem has been sorted. Good luck for the interview :-)

TheAnswer
24th Jan 2007, 17:44
Ya nice I got through :D
They assured me I have deserved my interview and I must be interview the said they won´t forget about me however I will wait one week and in case of no feedback I weak them up :D
I got through, that´s true but it isn´t over, I must manage my interview, so fingers crossed ;)
Regards, I´ll let you know ;)

TheAnswer
25th Jan 2007, 09:19
Hi, I am just curious as I´d like to know whether there´s here someone among the 35 people who has been interviewed yesterday at Palace Hotel Berlin. If yes I´d be delighted to be PM´d.

Global Pilot
25th Jan 2007, 19:13
Hi Guys,

my wife recently applied to EZY online. She has over two years flying experience with a prestigious UK carrier and is looking to move to a LCC to reduce her overnights. About 2hours after sending the application she got a rejection email.... "you do not meet our minimum requirements"..or somet¨hing to that effect. The email was timed at 0300 on a Monday morning. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar mail, reapplied and got thru to work for them or is there anyone who thinks it was just a computer sending out the mail. The application was filled in with care so I cant think why she was turned down.

Any advise on where to go from here would be welcome.

brgds,
GP.

teachin
25th Jan 2007, 20:17
Global,
16 yrs experience, and 7 of those for the "big one" and I got turned down. There again, I do not wish to dance around the table every morning like a child to work for thm, they can get stuffed.
Teach

Dolley
25th Jan 2007, 20:31
Global,

The minimum requirements are something like being over 18, over 1.58m tall, fluent english, customer service experience, be able to swim 25 meters and be physical fit, some gcse's, I believe, and obviously the right to work in the UK.

Does your wife meet those?
If she does, she should go back to the application and have a good look that she ticked all the right boxes, just to make certain.

If really worried send an email and ask. She should make a point that she meets all of them and is worried that the computer which sent the automated reply has made a mistake. Always worth a try!

Good luck!

teachin
25th Jan 2007, 23:18
Dolley,
You don't have to meet those requirements, you just have to be very young, willing to do just about anything to fly, not be old enough to remember when flying actually was fun and you got to see the world, gave a nice and complimentary service to well educated passengers.

Now you are up and down sell sell sell rubbish in plastic, harrang everyone for money, money for this, money for that, you can't have a magazine, clean the cabin for us so we can squeeze another rotation out of this tin can, seat pocket? Why would you want to put anything in a seat pockets, so we will remove it. We'll replace the inflight magazine with a sales brochure of our overpriced cold coffee and stale sandwiches, clear it all in into a plastic bag, what are trays and napkins anyway? And then throw it all away in landfill and stuff the rest of the world.
T

Dolley
26th Jan 2007, 10:43
teachin,

you pointed out that you never worked for easyjet as you didn't get the job.
Sounds to me like you a bit bitter because your skills were unwanted. You can't have always thought that bad about easyjet otherwise you wouldn't have applied in the first place...

I, on the other hand, have been working with them for over a year now and I love it. I think it's great fun and I'm far away from willing to do everything as you called it. Neither are the majority of my colleagues.
And I'm not that young anymore either. And we have cc quite a bit older than me around who are in their 40's and 50's. For some it's the first flying job, other have years of experience flying for prestige airlines before they moved to shorthaul and low cost.

Your idea about the job is bizarre, the least, and most defenitly unfair. But maybe that's the reason why you didn't get it.

Rubbish is a problem within aviation in general, not just easyjet. But at least easyjet is trying and has started recycling on board which no other airline (to my knowledge) has done before. If you have a problem with flying because of environmental reasons than you shouldn't fly at all. Neither as cc nor as a pax on a holiday!

And we do have an inflight magazine by the way which lives in the saetpocket together with the saftey card, a sick bag and yes, a menu. So does BA Connect and other carriers. Pax do want a Menu with a price list. They know that we don't give complementary services and they don't have to buy anything on board if they don't want to.

Why don't you chill out a bit, get over the rejection and move on? There is no reason to try putting other people off only because you didn't get it.

TheAnswer
29th Jan 2007, 09:48
Holy words Dolley I agree :D

Why EJ doesn't call meeeeeeeeeee ?????????????????????'' hu hu hu hu :( :(

atmosphere
29th Jan 2007, 10:00
Teachin... I recall previous posts where all you did is bitch and Whine, Thank the lord EasyJet reviews applications, or you might just of got in, and no one likes to see that!:D

EzyChic
29th Jan 2007, 11:28
Teachin'

Is your wifes attitude anything like yours?
If so I cannot imagine why she didn't get an interview!

If this "big one" that you speak of is so fabulous and easyJet is so sh*tty then go and work for them again instead.

I have been employed by easyJet for 3 yrs and love my job, thankfully thats because I don't work with pessamistic, bigoted and uneducated a**holes like you.

Go get rejected somewhere else.

Ezy

TightSlot
29th Jan 2007, 12:45
Enough with the personal stuff - move on please - teachin' was trollin'

justlikeme
30th Jan 2007, 17:25
theAnswer:

i guess that u just have to wait it out....

ive been to the AD at the hotel palace too and made it through the whole day but hmm im still waiting for a call or something else.... good sign? bad sign? i have no clue :( :(

anyways!!! good luck and i really hope that we will hear from them very sooooon!!!

CS-TNP
2nd Feb 2007, 18:35
Hi u all,

Is any1 going to the assessment on FEB 7 at LTN? Do I wear suit/tie or just casual?

Thx

CS-TNP

TheAnswer
6th Feb 2007, 11:18
Wear what you feel comfortable, there's no dress code however I wore a suit with a tie but that's just as I'm accustomed as I actually wear it every day for my current job ;)

Be calm and most of all YOURSELF, best luck for your ass. day
Cheers

johnezy
6th Feb 2007, 12:14
hi yeah wear what you like, as long as it's smart. ties are optional, up to you, do NOT wear jeans or trainers!! good luck :ok:

ARGON1980
7th Feb 2007, 19:56
Hi can someone please tell me if easyjet do any nightstops?? If so what is the longest trip for?

johnezy
7th Feb 2007, 20:02
hi i am based at Luton at the moment we do not do night stops we used to but no longer. However sometimes you may be needed to operate out of another base, so you'll be posistioned out to that base and operate for as long as they need you normally just one night. we have two types of aircraft, and unless your base has both you wont be dual rated (trained on both) so that does limit where you can work, specially at luton as we just have 737 and most bases now have A319 or a mix. S o to answer your question:

No easyjet dont do night stops

johnezy
7th Feb 2007, 21:14
oh also i forgot to mention, anyone traveling to Luton for an assesment day should be aware of very heavy traffic on the M1 at J10 due to the road widening and on the road from there to the airport, they are also doing major road works there too. Expect VERY heavy delays and please do allow extra time ( i personaly would allow an extra hour or so!!). Don't want anyone to be late, as it's not really a day you want to be late on!!:)

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Feb 2007, 13:24
Hi Condor

I think there is possibly plans to recruit in Oz all i can say is keep your eye on the web site, It is always updated. Good Luck

johnezy
8th Feb 2007, 15:53
Hi at the moment no formal plans have been made to recruit in Oz, however the team does think that we may do this year, just don't know when. The crew that we do have from Oz are all fab so you guys do make great crew for us and have been worth while. hope this sort of helps. My advice is keep your ears open in the next few months:ok:

CS-TNP
9th Feb 2007, 11:25
Thanks for the answers. Anyway didn't got the job, just fell on the second phase. About jeans, there were a guy that went in jeans and got to the third phase.

I was really myself and in the group phase was very relaxed, never shouted and even forgot that was in a recruitment assessment.

First phase was really easy. First they collected some info about passports and then put us all in a room to fill a form. Then to another room for the tests. First was the presentation and say something about EZY.

The the maths test. Increadibly easy. Then the english test, not so easy but perfectly accessible.

Break and 3 guys out. Second phase, group tests. First, groups of 5. We had laminated cards with a story of a street with 5 houses, with each resident with a certain job, house colour, pet. We had to guess wich one had a fish as a pet. Second exercise, the old sinking ship and change of groups.

I wish that all the people that went to the third phase got the job, they were amazing and met some really nice people. Innthe group stage it seemed that we've met for some many years, it was really fun.

Regards

teachin
9th Feb 2007, 11:32
Dolley,
Yeah if you like cheap cut the corners of service and being nickeled and dimed for everything, easyJet's great, not for me at all, and I am not prepared to dance around the training school table each morning like kiddies just to satisfy the teambuilding aspects....enjoy easyJet.

Teach

TheAnswer
9th Feb 2007, 12:12
O O O O... NINE days passed since my interview... hu hu hu got no phone call :-(
What do you suggest? Should I call them on monday? Or should I wait untill I'll be called??
What a luck she had told me "You'll know all in a couple of days..." :( :(
They'd be unpro if they'll tell me I'm unsuccessful after so many days waited... isn'it?
Cheers friends

CS-TNP
9th Feb 2007, 13:36
Just call them to know something. Even me, that I was rejected, they sent me an email giving me some "music". So if you were successful till the end of the day why don't call them?

Regards

TheAnswer
9th Feb 2007, 14:12
"music" what do you mean? How many days after your ass day were you emailed with an unsuccessfull outcome?
Cheers

Commander1
9th Feb 2007, 14:18
Do Easyjet ever hold interviews in Glasgow? I had applied for a base in Edinburgh not long ago and not heard back (3 weeks ago) They're not recruiting for Glasgow though. got a position with Ryanair

CS-TNP
9th Feb 2007, 15:56
I was on the assessement last Wednesday. Today they sent me an email explaining why I was not accepted and bla bla bla. Nothing new, because I fell on the second stage.

Cheers

TheAnswer
9th Feb 2007, 16:53
So only 2 days to get the mail back... I'm sorry you didn't get through hope you can re sit and pass it in future.
Cheers

johnezy
9th Feb 2007, 16:58
hi commander at the moment as far as i know we don't have any recruitment day in Scotland, we do sometimes have open days (we just did one in Bristol) I don't know about glasgow having spaces at the moment, they are a very small base, however we are recruiting for edingbrough at the moment and your assesment day would be at Luton if you applied. If you decide not to then good luck at ryanair.

esy
10th Feb 2007, 09:29
JOHNEZY

do you know how is the situation in Germany as far as cc recruitment is concerned (especially SXF)? I mean, do you have shortcomings of the crew there as they are always recruiting? And how often is the assesment day organised in Berlin?

Commander1
10th Feb 2007, 09:53
Hi Johnezy,

Yeah I applied for Edinburgh about 2 weeks ago but not heard anything yet. Does everyone applying for Scotland bases have to go to Luton?

For everyone else, i dont think Ryanair are as bad as everyone makes out there were at least 200 people at the recent open day in Glasgow and only around 30 got accepted including myself. Its around £800 for training but so what, you gotta spend money to earn money these days and it was my goal to be cabin crew and here I am thanks to them.

My base will either be Prestwick, Barcelona, Girona or Madrid.

TheAnswer
10th Feb 2007, 11:45
To esy: I have applied for Dortmund, it looks like all people who applies for a German base are requested to attend the assessment session in Berlin.
I was invited there and there was mainly German people as it looks like they reserve Berlin for foreign applicants (not English) or at least for those who didn't ask to be based in UK. My assessment session was in fact an "open day" for everybody who wanted to interact with easyJet in any way
Cheers

esy
10th Feb 2007, 11:59
"for everybody who wanted to interact with ezy in any way"
do you mean that there came people who hadn't even applied as well?

TheAnswer
10th Feb 2007, 12:15
Exactly.
Whilst giving my passport at the easyJet desk one of the crew asked me "Did you apply online?" I answered "Sure, why?"... later I understood why she had asked me ;)

esy
10th Feb 2007, 12:22
And those who hadn't applied on-line were allowed to write a test?

orangegirl
10th Feb 2007, 12:29
esy:
I think they are always recruiting for crew in sxf and dtm.
I'm based in dtm and we have lots of new crew lately and it seems more are comming.

TheAnswer:
normally if your not accepted they would let you know within a few days with an email. I'm sure they will call you on monday or tuesday! :)

TheAnswer
10th Feb 2007, 12:30
Yes, they were given a new one to fill. I've found this queer as I know about people who was not given the oppurtunity to attend an ass session as their application was found unsuccessful...

esy
10th Feb 2007, 12:38
Yes they always recruit there, but it seems to me that they were a bit desperate if they allowed to try to everybody.
Anyway, I just hope that they have assesment days in Berlin from time to time, it would be much closer than Luton.
Thanks for info:}

TheAnswer
10th Feb 2007, 12:48
They aren't desperate at all esy! We were 145 but only me and other 29 got through the whole day! They don't need to hire at all trust me!
You're welcome esy ;)

Orangegirl I pm'd you ;)

shinners
10th Feb 2007, 20:00
I'll go to an easyjet open day on 20th!!!!!!!

how does it work??
thx!!!!

justlikeme
10th Feb 2007, 20:00
the answer:

after two weeks i got THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :E:):ok:
so im sure that they will call u soon ;)

johnezy
10th Feb 2007, 21:15
hi there are several place available in Berlin this is due to expansion we hold open days there i haven't done one of those but the team will travel to berlin and candidate would do all the tests and group exercises one day one and then if they were successful be invited for an interview on day two. Alternatively if there aren't any open days coming up you would be invited to attend a recruitment day at Luton and do it all in one day.
hope this helps john :)

TheAnswer
10th Feb 2007, 23:27
2 weeks? Really? That makes me hope as I mustn't be worried.. if they didn't reject me till now it means I should get a job offer :D

To Shinners: An open day in Berlin (Palace Hotel) works that you'll have to get through the whole day concerning maths,English and ability test and group exercises. That's DAY 1.
In case of a successful outcome you'll be invited to attend an interview the following day that's DAY 2. Then.. just wait.. hoping eJ will call you before bankrupt auhauauha :D:D:D
Regards

justlikeme
11th Feb 2007, 07:12
oh yes, two weeks!!!! and im so happy that i dont have to wait anymore! that was such a horrible time haha

i keep my fingers crossed for ya :)

TheAnswer
11th Feb 2007, 12:30
ya cross 'em strongly ;)

Virginia
11th Feb 2007, 21:38
Just to point out at LGW we get nightstops in Madrid and Milan.

stevard
11th Feb 2007, 22:40
Will you get just that new uniforms of EZY when you pass? I like the old ones, so suitable for low cost and surely comfortable to wear :)

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Feb 2007, 08:57
Hi Stevard

With regard to new uniforms, they are planning wearing trials over the next month or so to decide who gets the contract. Then from there its all the logistics ect of finalising everything. So I would not expect to see the uniform til summer, early summer if we are lucky. So it looks like you will start with the current uniform, (whats left of it :\ )

TheAnswer
12th Feb 2007, 08:59
Are you joking? I'd rather prefer a punch in the eye than wearing the old eJ uniform auhuahuah :D:D

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Feb 2007, 09:13
The Answer

Look at the bright side at least we are almost there with it. :ugh: I think the good M.D is pushing for it to be online asap. I am still unnsure about the white shirt, I used to wear one at flybe and they get dirty so easily and quickly. But must say it does look good.

TheAnswer
12th Feb 2007, 13:01
Yes you're right:}

BTW today is the 12th day after my interview... I wait and wait and wait for a phone call to know whether I got it or not... I didn't think could be so horrible to wait..but in fact it is :sad: :(

esy
12th Feb 2007, 13:59
I don't agree that the old uniform was so bad, it has some advantages.
What is more, white shirt isn't very good idea. It's a pity that there is almost no orange in the uniform. I think that there should be an orange shirt instead of the white one.

TheAnswer
12th Feb 2007, 15:34
No doubts that the old one is a bit more comfortable but let me say that an orange shirt is quite a punch in a eye too :D :D
However the new uniform is supposed to have an orange tie therefore orange colour will be still present. About the actual one what I definitely do not like are the black trousers whilst the polo/T-shirt is ok.

esy
12th Feb 2007, 15:51
Orange for a man may indeed be not too good.

TheAnswer
13th Feb 2007, 13:48
Without "may"... :}

esy
13th Feb 2007, 14:10
;) Havn't you heard anything today?

TheAnswer
13th Feb 2007, 14:16
No.. :{ why are you asking so? It looks like you know something...:confused:
Am I supposed to get a phone call today? Do you know anything about it???!?:ugh: :confused:
Oh perhaps it was only a simple question.. for a while I thought you might know something, sorry:(

esy
13th Feb 2007, 14:37
I am about to send my application, so...it would be strange to know the outcome of your interview lol
Come on, it's almost obvious that you got the job, they must be very busy.
:D

TheAnswer
13th Feb 2007, 15:25
eheheh that's true LOOOL:}
I know they may be busy but waiting is hard to handle :(
Everyone I talk with is almost sure I'll get it but what I need is a phone call and I'm going to be nervous and worried day by day:{ :}
When are you going to apply?
Best of luck, cheers:ok:

Ciccio78
13th Feb 2007, 19:13
Hello everyone,

my name is Francesco and i just joined this forum. I read all the thread and i found this site very interesting for people who want to persue a carear in aviation. It's full of useful tips!! I got a small question and i hope you can help me.
Basically i applied for Easyjet about three weeks ago by submitting the online apllication form but i still have not received any kind of response fron them:{ Is that normal? On their website, it says that you should be emailed with the outcome within 14 days ... i'm getting a bit concerned
:rolleyes:

Thanks

Francesco x

TheAnswer
13th Feb 2007, 20:15
Hi Francesco, have you been automatically emailed by easyJet?
Something like: 'Thank you for your application to easyJet for the position of Cabin Crew, which we have successfully received.Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible and we will contact you via email with the outcome of your application.'
If you got it then you just have to wait. It can take up to 15 days too and in some cases I know people has been waiting for over a month.
On the other hand they normally email back quickly in case of an unsuccessfull application. Hope it helps.
Regards

TheAnswer
14th Feb 2007, 15:04
14th day of waiting and no phone call yet... even if I wasn't emailed with a rejection I really start to think something happened with my application.. I really don't know why they need so much time to inform whether I'm successfull or not.
I start to think I had to be emailed about a rejection but they forgot to do it.. as it's impossible not to get neither e mail nor a phone call unless they didn't change style as they now use to give no feedback in case of a rejection.... Hm? ?
Any chance they lost my file? Any chance they forgot? Should I call them? Will they mind it?

Sorry for bothering, any suggestion is helpful, tnx.
Regards

CS-TNP
14th Feb 2007, 16:40
Just call them, you won't loose nothing if you call them. It's better than to be waiting for an answer. If you keep waiting you'll have a heart attack.:}
All the luck for you.

Cheers

Ciccio78
14th Feb 2007, 17:19
Hi "The answer"

thanks for your reply. Yes, i got the email where they say that my application was successfully received.... . I hope they will get back to you very soon, i can undestand you as waiting it's really hard to cope with:bored: :bored: i wish you the best of luck!!:ok:

justlikeme
14th Feb 2007, 17:54
Ciccio78:

If you got the mail, cool! nothing is wrong with that. u just have to wait it out ;)
good luck!

Pilas
15th Feb 2007, 19:47
I know this is a lOOONNG one.. But there was just so much to comment on.

I have wondered for a long time.
What it is that the people in recuitment are looking for?

I do understand some peoples fustrations with eazy.
But people I know that work for ezy are fare form as "Orange" as some here would like "ezy-newbies" to think. And I'm not talking about people that have been with ezy for less then 2-3 years.

Ezy is like anyother airline, it has its problems internally.
There is some benefits to the way ezy runs... but it is far from some of the ones you will get with a major airline.
And now I'm thinking of the ones that the staff get. (cabin crew)
one good thing is that if you are based at some of the non-UK bases then you get to come home evey night + other things.

I would like to say that I did apply twice to ezy but only because I wanted to get a job were I could be at the same place as my boyfriend and make a little pocket money.

The first time I wasen't upset about getting turned down. I was still studying.

The second time I must say was the worst or should I say the most weird assesmentday I have ever been too. It was like every one was compeeding with eachother and I'm sorry to say this, but there was some people that shoulden't have left school.( level of normal knowlege should be more then how to put on great make-up and sound like a total airhead)

I found it absolutly disgusting that an airline as ezy has the nerv to claime that they invented the questions that you have to fill out to get to the assesmentday.. No really people! :ugh:

Now let me see.. ezy has ONLY ben around for 11 years later in september this year. Hmm.. There is airlines out there that has been recuiting lets say at least the last 60 some years!! So really they should remove that from the internet.

I have worked for a premium european airline and seen those questions before ezy started recruting!

Well back to my second time around. I didn't get a date until about two weeks before the day the actual assesment.
I also had another interview with another BIG premium Airline for the following day. So I thought well if I get yes from both I will say sorry to ezy and yes to the other.
If ezy had said yes and I got no from the other airline well.. then I would have gone for it.

I have only to say that I got no from ezy and I was actually reliefed.
My friend said "well at least now one of us get to work for at real airline." ( the last part was partly a joke):}

The assesmentday is not very friendly at ezy compaired to other airlines so do not be discouraged.:{

The other airline that I now work for. Have had about 7000 called in for an assesment day but only about 70 got through to be pick for a course.
This means that there was more then 10000 who applied.

There has been som writing that ezy has enough people .. From the ones I talk to they have never enough people!

ezy will most likely keep recruiting for the next LONG time. ( next many years)
Today they have just opened their Base in Madrid.

There is a continues stream of people leaving ezy to go to other airlines. With just these two things. The constant growth and people leaving they will keep recuiting.

So for those of you who still wants to pursue a job with ezy should keep trying.

But then again don't put all your egg's in one basket because there is ALOT of airlines out there recuiting right now.

And if you are lucky you will end up at were I am and have some of the best colleuges you could dream of.

I am very proud of where I work today and I know that I was picked for more then my skills to follow orders. This is were I think ezy don't look when they evaluate. They seam to want people that have the least leader skills.
This has been confirmed from other people that work at ezy and from when I have flown with them. ( I'm sorry if I offend enyone)

I will say that my first flight with ezy left me feeling horrified that these people were respondsible for my life in case of anemergency.

They were very unprofesional when demonstrating the safety equipment and had a wierd way of making the PA "personalised" All in all it seamed so unprofessional. Another time the FA's were arguing infront of the pax.

But the last few times I have flown the FA's onboard have been profesional.

It can't be easy to work in a company were you work 6 days and only get 3 days of. And in those 6 days you can have several very long days...

I guess that when the company doesn't spend money on a psychological profile then there will be "those" that the company could have done with out.

When you fly you have so much more to do then "just" sell food ( ezy) / serve food ( premium Airlines) and announce stuff over the PA. For those that have flown before they will know what I mean.

Don't take the rejections personally.
I took it as, If they didn't like me at the interview then.. I wont like working there.

Just a final thing. I don't have anything against anyone that works or is some how associated with ezy.

I hope that for those of you who got no from ezy will try other places.. It is a big world out there and there is sooooo many airlines.
You might have more of a service skill to you that can be put to better use other places. Like serving champagne on first class to Ellen Macpherson or other famous people that do not travel with LCC because they like their privacy.

Have fun out there.:) Fly high!

TheAnswer
15th Feb 2007, 20:07
Weel... consider that I've just been rejected by ezy after the interview.. I'm wondering why you felt the need to post such a long negative brief about ezy. Which is going to be the main aim?
Regards

Ciccio78
15th Feb 2007, 21:25
Hi the answer,

did you try to call them? Why do you consider yourself to be unsuccesfull?

Anyway, do not lose your hope untill you get that blady phone call.:ok:

TheAnswer
15th Feb 2007, 21:57
I called them and asked. 20 mins later I've been emailed. Rejected. Dunno know why as the do not provide any feedback.

justlikeme
16th Feb 2007, 05:11
OMG thats hard !!!!!!!!! im so sorry!!!!!!! :bored:

Commander1
16th Feb 2007, 09:02
Hi, I feel that I am in a very confused state right now. Some of you may know that I have a start with Ryanair on the 22nd of March (Training) but Ezy contacted me for an interview. I dont know if i should go for the interview or just stick with Ryanair. Ideally i want to work for Globespan but im not 21 and i may be rejected. im just looking for peoples opinions and ideas.
Thank you all

vodkaholic
16th Feb 2007, 11:57
no harm going to the interview. to be honest if you get it with EZY, it might save you a lot of money having to pay for your training and uniform with ryanair. just a thought.

TheAnswer
16th Feb 2007, 11:59
Yes justlikeme it's a bit hard but life goes on no one died :}
I don't know whether I'll try it again, I'll see...
Anyway 6 months for re-applying are calculated on which date? Starting from the date I submitted my application online?.. or The day I got the outcome (yesterday)? Ora what else? Does anyone know it?

justlikeme
16th Feb 2007, 16:00
theAnswer:
u know what? ive tried it more than 1x!!!! and trust me i was in the same situation! i was disapointed and had no clue if i will try it again some time... but i did! and yea, its cool that i did ;)

TheAnswer
16th Feb 2007, 16:32
I pm'd you :D

Commander1
17th Feb 2007, 14:08
What is the assessment like, what kind of things do they ask you to do, any maths? My maths isn't that good to be honest.

Anything i should watch out for?

Cheers.

Vectors Req'd!
17th Feb 2007, 20:14
Hi

You will need to brush up on currency conversions, and general sums etc.
The Maths and English tests are quite soon into the assesment day. So long as your prepared its not rocket science. Calculaters are provided. We lost around 9 people due to their lack of ability on my assesment day.

Good Luck :)

Commander1
18th Feb 2007, 09:42
Currency convertions, how the heck do you perform them? lol

What kind of maths is it, basic adding etc?

luis76
18th Feb 2007, 15:10
:eek: hi everyone!
i'm in deep s**t.
i'm gonna have my assessment day on tuesday,but i didn't know i had to learn something about the company for the ability test.something what?policy,story,flying policy?
would somebody please tell what the hell i should learn about it?
something that should be in the test.
please,please........

luis76
18th Feb 2007, 15:19
:eek: i know that might sound stupid and very frustrating but to send another message,but i really need some suggestion....
please
please
please!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :sad: :{

esy
18th Feb 2007, 16:02
I suggest to read carefully information on their website

c_ouame
19th Feb 2007, 00:10
Hello everyone,

Some friends of mine and members of my family said I would make a good cabin crew. As a reply, I filled the online application form. Nobody believed I did send it. But I was very proud to show change my email from easyJet recently. Indeed, I am invited to attend an assessment day at Luton in the end of February. So what's next ? I don't know.

I found this forum and noticed people are rather nice. A lot of questions came in mind since I got this invitation.

First : find a round-trip flight to Luton for the recruitment day.

Second : find a hotel for the night before.

Third : how will I get dressed ? Any suggestions ?

Fourth : Are they going to eat me ? Or just ask me questions ? What kind of questions ? Is my English good enough (I am not very confident with that) ? Will I be tortured ? I am not really used to attending assessments. Is there a link between the work location I wish and their need ? Are there many French speaking cabin crews ? Will anybody here be invited at the same place the same day (wednesday 28th - then please email me) ? Shall I know the easyJet website by heart ?

Fifth : Can someone help me for my questions ?

Thank you in advance and please, keep going on with your enthusiasm.

Sebastian.

CS-TNP
19th Feb 2007, 09:29
Well, let's see if I can help.

As soon as you arrive to EZY academy you register at the reception then wait a bit for someone to call the group. Don't mind if you're nervous, remmenber the other people that are with you in the room are nervous too. But try to relax, they won't eat you, they're friendly. But first thing to have in mind: be punctual!

Then all the group is taken to the first floor and wait at the corridor. 2 each time are called to check some details, passport, etc. Then you go to another room to fill a simple form. Think about 3 reasons why you want to work for EZY. And try also to break the ice, because all the group will be seated in a meeting table.

And so the real assessment starts. All of you go to another room, with tables placed in U form. Some presentations are made, of the recruiters and the company.

First test: maths. Increadibly easy, nothing to worry about. You have 10 minutes. A dozen questions and you have a price list and a currency conversion list (Euros, Pounds, Swiss Francs and Danish Krones). Multiple choice questions. They provide a calculator so it's impossible to miss. Try to concentrate.

Second test: english. No so easy, it's a bit tricky, but the only thing you need is real attention. Multiple choice with True, False, No info on text. Some texts and 4/5 question for each text. Concentrate.

Then you go for a break and the first people say goodbye.

Second stage: group test.

They divide you in groups and then give to each group a laminated card with some info. It's a streat with 5 houses, and each house have a particular colour, each owner have a particular job and pet. The group must find who has the fish. (the german has it)

Second test is the old sinking boat (that never goes down:} ). Change of groups and again a laminated card. And each member is given a small laminated card with a thing that you must take to the island and have to convince the others that that thing must go with the group. I Was the alcoholic. How the hell they founded?:cool:

Another break and then all people return to the room. Then they say that will split the group. They say some names and ask to take all personal belongings. It's the same as to say bye bye. You go to another room and they say you don't have the neccessary competencies.

The third stage is the 2-2-1 interview. I don't know nothing about that because I don't have the neccessary competencies to work in orange. Probably that's why Air Transat invited me to work with them. Probably I'm too good.

Advices: be relaxed, they're nice and most important, just be yourself, don't need to act. If you have any question just speak with one of the recruiters, they're really nice. Abouth dressing code: simple. For a boy even jeans are good, a shirt and a jacket. For girls, even trousers aren't problematic. Just dress comfortably.

About travel and accomodation look at the internet, London have too many choices, you have to look according with your preferences. To Luton there are many transportation in case you're accomodation is not there.

Cheers

Ciccio78
19th Feb 2007, 14:22
Hi "c ouame"

could you please tell me how long did it take to receive an email from Easyjet with the oucome of your application?

I sent my application 23 days ago.... still non response :(

Thanks

johnezy
19th Feb 2007, 20:40
ok guys, just to say something important here!!

I am a recruiter for Easyjet, the following should be very seriously considered by anyone attending an assesment day for us:

IF YOU WEAR JEANS OR TRAINERS TO THE ASSESMENT DAY YOU WILL BE MARKED DOWN!!!:\

Just because easyjet is a low cost operation doesn't mean we dont like poeple to look smart we are getting a new uniform which will require you to wear suits therefore our uniform standards are going to get a little more strict! ties are optional but please for your own sake no jeans or trainers and another gripe while i'm on here no chewing gum we really hate that!!!

the answers to the group exercises are irrelevent as it's the team work we want to see!

We don't "eat" anyone and you will enjoy your day with us, we do try to make it fun! sorry if i sound a little harsh but i hate to see really goo people not get offered a job, because they are dressed too casual, sends out the wrong message, and never forget that although we want you to relax it is still a bussiness meeting!!!! there enough of the moaning!! good luck all who have interview days, see you there!:ok:

c_ouame
19th Feb 2007, 21:12
Thank you CS-TNP for all the information you gave. :)
I feel a little bit better thanks to you. At least, they won't torture me !:=

Is the EZY building easy to find ? I booked a room in a hotel in Luton. As Paris is a quite big city, I compared the distances between the airport and the hotel with Google-Earth. I don't think I will be late at all. The hotel is less than 2 miles from the airport. It is approximately the distance I walk every morning to go to work. I understood I should keep being myself despite I would be nervous. I'll try to get comfortably dressed and will go to bed early the night before.:zzz:

Ciccio78, I sent my application on Feb. 3rd, and they automatically replied a confirmation email of registration the same day. Afterwards, the recruitment team give themselves 14 days to reply (sic : 'We try and acknowledge all applications within fourteen days of receipt.'). I was given an invitation on an assessment day on Feb. 14th. Hence, it took them exactly 11 days. I don't want to be pessimistic but I believe they mean what they say. 14 days is 14 days. I'm afraid one week of delay doesn't seem to be a good presage for you. But who knows ? Maybe they had a lot of candidatures those last days and they are a bit late, AND/OR their software for recruitment is not working well. Keep confident. A lot of people who wanted to work in orange finally do the same job dressed in another colour.

By the way, I'm opened to meet people in Luton or in London the day before (Feb. 27th). Especially if they do or will work for easyJet, or if they are invited, like me, on the 28th. You may email me.

Cheers and thank you again for your help and support.

Sebastian.;)

c_ouame
19th Feb 2007, 21:28
Thank you to everyone for your pieces of advice and all the information you give.

I understood : be myself, that is to say, be a team player. No trainers but street shoes. No jeans but trousers. Tie is not necessary. No chewing gum. Ok, that's all me ! So I shouldn't be worried out of that.

To answer to Ciccio78, I had a invitation 11 days after I sent my application form.

Thank you for your help and your support. I'll have to manage with it anyway.

johnezy
19th Feb 2007, 21:31
ciccio78 what base did you apply for?

Ciccio78
19th Feb 2007, 22:03
Hi "johnezy"

i applied for London Gatwick...

do u know why that take so long?

johnezy
19th Feb 2007, 22:16
yeah i think so, we are very short of full time recruiters, (these are the one who dont wear uniform for those of you who have been to an assessment day!) they process all the applications and acually do the assessment days with us, they also deal with all the pilots! so they are busy people and at the moment they are really busy! if you think your application has been in for a while and you haven't heard back then phone or email them it wont hurt to ask how it's going! good luck :ok:

CS-TNP
21st Feb 2007, 09:27
Hi c-ouame, just take a deep look in what johnezy wrote, the secret is there. About the group exercises talk normally and let the others talk, present your ideas and listen to others ideas, and is you don't agree say you don't agree in a polite way. The recruiters put us all so comfortably that I even forgot I was on an assessment.

About chewing gum I think it's relaxing too much and not very polite. About jeans, I don't think it's the end of the world, but anyway, and like johnezy said, after all it's a business meeting, so we must pay attention to what we dress. And EZY is not Lauda Air, for anyone who remmember their uniform.

Cheers and all the luck

TheAnswer
21st Feb 2007, 13:33
CALL THEM and ask where your application is or at least whether you've been successfully considered or not.
I believe, though they may be busy, that 23 days are quite enough time.
I got an invitation after 6 working days I had submitted.
Best of luck

boygeorgefan
21st Feb 2007, 21:36
I was unable to make the one on the 15th due to circumstances but easyjet are kindly letting me pick a date for my next one.

Virginia
22nd Feb 2007, 09:13
easyJet is a good airline to get some experience, that's what most people see it as.

I'm not planning on staying long! :}

TheAnswer
22nd Feb 2007, 09:52
Well.. never say never ;)

Virginia
22nd Feb 2007, 22:11
I'm leaving end of probation!

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Feb 2007, 13:06
Hi Guys

Just to add to my recruiting college JohnEZY's comments, the advice I would give is try relax (easy for us to say I know as we are recruiting you guys) but we try make the day relaxed and enjoyable. Please be yourself, it's nice to see your personalities. We are not Army Drill Sargents, so don't panic. Also during part of the day you get the chance to ask us cabin crew questions about the job and easyjet, so if you are coming to a assesment day you might want to think of good questions you want to know the answer to.

For those going for easyjet I wish you luck and I may see you on your assesment day.

ianbeale
26th Feb 2007, 16:14
Mrs Beale went for her interview approx 9 days ago , and has yet to hear how she has got on. This would be for direct entry seniors at LUT.
She got through the interview process , and was 1 - 2 - 1 interviewed that day.
Anyone out there shed any light on how long the reply normally takes ? She was told 7 days but its been a bit longer !

Any info most appreciated !

ian n mrs beale

Airbourne-Adamski
26th Feb 2007, 16:37
Hi ianbeale

Sometimes it may take longer for us to get back to people. Our recruitment team have been extremely busy recently. What I would suggest is email or phone recruitment and explain how long you have been waiting. You will find the phone number and email address on a form that you would have been given at the end of the interview.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

TheAnswer
26th Feb 2007, 18:29
I guess it was easier to get personally the Queen on the phone..
I was forced to call EJ after 16 days otherwise I guess I could have waited centuries :ugh: :}

Amen

psychopathbabble
26th Feb 2007, 21:27
I applied on a whim to Easyjet a couple of weeks ago and found out today that I have been invited to an assessment day :}

I am quite excited as this could mean a major change in my life and yet my fear of this open day is overriding it! :uhoh:

Can I just ask if I should be a little pleased with myself for getting this far even if I don't make it any further?

Getting accepted would be fantastic but I am fully prepared to not get accepted too. I am the queen of negativity. That way I won't get disappointed ;)

ianbeale
27th Feb 2007, 06:08
Adamski ,. many thanks for the prompt reply . Sent an email yesterday , and that hasnt been replied to either ! mrs Beale now quiet worried !!! Its a shame as she would be grear senior (Imho) for EZY , having worked for the majoe one !
Lets hope we here back soon !
cheers n thnks again adamski
mr n mrs beale

psychopathbabble
27th Feb 2007, 11:45
They recommend we read the website as preparation... I have printed off most of the About Us pages to read and read and read again. Is this sufficient? I'm worried about how much detailed information they would like us to remember!

TheAnswer
27th Feb 2007, 12:14
I did as well as you but damn I wasn't asked! :} :ugh:
I did it becuase I thought I could be asked at the interview.

Ability test concerns about easy questions in multiple choice style.
You really don't need to learn so much about the company!

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 15:05
Firstly to psychopathbabble
Calm Down, firstly I can't give away to much as I recruit at easy, however I would like to help were I can. Ok regards to the website, Yes it is usefull to read through the site and pick up info on easyjet, Your not expected to know it inside out. There used to be a easyjet test but there is no longer (unless things have changed in a week since i was last there) However please do still look through the web as picking up on easyjet facts will be a help for the day. Also look at the routes we do from your prefered base which you are applying for. Again try not to get to worked up and bogged down with revising the web site but do read through it for usefull info.
And yes do be pleased you got to the assesment day, there is a tough screening proccess so well done.
Questions in the maths/english test are multiple choice but its worth just refreshing yourself on general sums (Its not GCSE).
So I hope that helps, Oh when is your interview? never know it could be me :E
Next To Ianbeale
Please bare with recruitment they are really busy at the moment, our team are also recruiting in europe and scotland so staff are out the office, Iam sure you will here soon.

psychopathbabble
27th Feb 2007, 15:43
my assessment day is 9th March although I haven't received confirmation of my place yet, I only replied yesterday!

Ok thanks for the help, I just hate failing things and have a phobia of the unknown :ooh:

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 16:04
psychopathbabble

Ok one last bit of advice, be yourself, try not to besomeone you think easy wants, we look for genuine people and like to see peoples personalities.
We try make it relaxed as possible for you.
Also there is a point of the morning were you get to ask us cabin crew who are also recruitment assessors, questions about the job and easyjet so it maybe worth having a good think.

Good Luck and keep us posted on here.

Any other question please ask

esy
27th Feb 2007, 16:16
Hi,
ok, as we have a recruiter here...:)
Could you please tell me what is the main reason of requiring 6 months long face to face customer service experience.
Is it because a person will gain an experience in dealing with problems or the airline will be able to check that a person has good references in a previous job(no misconduction).
Some companies require it, some not.

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Feb 2007, 16:38
Hi esy

Ok its as you thought, 6 months face to face experiance is a advantage as you have gained some experiance in dealing with situations. Either dealing with complaints, problems i could go on as there are so many situations you could of dealt with and I am sure you get the drift.

Yes easy DO check references, mainly for your ID's and security. But they of course can make sure you were not sacked burning down the office or whatever.

With regard to referances PLEASE try get them correct on your online application straight away, eg dates, names, contact details, it makes things so much easier for everone.

Oh and please done ' BLAG' referances (LIE) NOT saying you will but people DO get found out.

I hope that answers your question.

P.S whats your situation with easyjet?

johnezy
27th Feb 2007, 20:32
hi adamski, not been on here in a while so though i would come and say hi, i am recruiting tomorrow, (are you?) so i always like to come and have a read on here (get in the mood for it lol!)

If anyone has any more questions while there are 2 of us here then feel free to ask aways!

Ianbeale has mrs beale heard anything yet i think i was on her recruitment day (always remember the Luton ones as thats my base!) if not then i would give them a call!

ianbeale
27th Feb 2007, 20:51
thanks to adamski for the positive thoughts and comments , and also to johnezy for the help so far ... fingers crossed for us ... living in hope for the orange future :) mrs b

johnezy
27th Feb 2007, 21:16
lol going off what i remember Mrs Beale, with a big personality like that you'ld be just what LTN needs. I love to fly with seniors who have great sense of homour and big personality's really makes your day!:ok:

psychopathbabble
27th Feb 2007, 21:30
thank you for your help, I got my confirmation through when I finished work so I might see one of you next Friday :ok:

I will very much try and chill and take a million deep breaths :}

One last question... I am having to drive as I actually live in Lowestoft but luckily have family near Stansted so only have to leave an hour or so earlier, instead of 3! The email stated only 45 parking spaces available... do these fill up quickly? Am I better to find a car park near the airport instead of trying to get in the one mentioned? :)

johnezy
27th Feb 2007, 21:37
hi, yeah there aren't that many spaces but try and get there early and see if it's full, paking for the whole day at luton can be expensive. or you could get a bus/train from stanstead. But personally i'd try and get a space at the accademy you should be ok as long as you get there for about 8ish

Candy_Girl
28th Feb 2007, 10:45
....I am new here!
I've been reading this forum for the past two days and felt like joining it. Lots of helpful advice and helpful people.

First of all I'd like to wish good luck to THEANSWER, I know sweetheart, it's been a long journey for you.:D

And secondly, I would like to share my aphreension with you ('cos nobody can understnad this better than you guys) as I sent my form to easyjet on Monday. I got the automated reply but I am dying here with impatience. :{
I know that patience is one of the mans virtues, but at the moment I am lacking it...(patience, not the virtue)

I need to hear some good words to calm me down.

Well, I apreciate you guys reading this, I am sorry to bother you with my moaning, but you know how it feels.

Guess that's it for now!

Big kiss to you all

justlikeme
28th Feb 2007, 17:39
candy girl,

some good words to calm u down? hehe ... oh well....dont worry about anything all u can do is waiting and waiting and waiting! and hey actually that was just the easiest part of everything ;)
so stay cool, get a cup of tea and happy waiting ;)

much luck girl!!!!!!! i´ll keep my fingers crossed!

johnezy
28th Feb 2007, 22:13
Hows Mrs Beale getting on? the saga continues i can here to drum beat now as the phone rings or a letter falls through the letter box! then if your like me and working you have to wait for the Sunday omnibus edition to find out!!!!

LOL! even i'm getting excited for the Beales! Cant wait to see if she has got the job and when she starts I'd love to see her proudly wlking around the accademy all dressed in orange instead of peeling the potatoes for the chips at the Cafe!!

I know this may sound bizzare if you have just jioned this thread but please refere to previous posts!!!:D

Parisienne
1st Mar 2007, 09:34
I have just joined this forum... I would love to join easyjet, but I have to decide the base of my preference... One of my dreams is always been to live in Paris for a while, I was wondering if there is someone out there tha is from the Orly Base or that knows how things are in that base.. I would like to know A a couple of things if there is anyone there that can help me out:
- Average salary
- Cost of accomodation, how easy/difficult it is to find a nice room with wi-fi connection ( cost of bills, transport)
- which is the area nearest to Orly/ the area where cabin crew usually stay
-what s the atmosphere like
= how many cabin crew are based there
-do you get overnights
- whats the roster like
- Is there a bus for easyjet staff?
- do you work at CDG as well as at Orly
-whats the staff travel allowance like

I know I have bombarded you with questions but I hope that ther is someone that can answer at least to some of them, I would really appreciate it :D

Parisienne
1st Mar 2007, 09:40
HI where can I retrieve the 20 pages of the last year thread with all the tips for the selection process? :confused:

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 12:22
Parisienne Hi how are you?

Ok let see if I can help with your questions..................
I would love to join easyjet, but I have to decide the base of my preference... One of my dreams is always been to live in Paris for a while
Ok firstly, If you want to go for a european base eg Orly, firstly as well as speaking english you need to be able to speak the language of the european base you apply for, so Orly you need to speak french (Obviously if your french your off to a good start :) ) and then of course you need to check we are recruiting for Orly, which at present we are.

- Average salary Ok firstly As part of the recruitment team I am not sure if I can give out this info on a forum. However what I will say is during your training course you only get a basic, then your salary goes up in satages, after trainging you go to Probationary crew, then after 6 months you go to rank og cabin crew then after that you have the opportunity to go for Senior. And also on top of basic you get commision on everything you sell onboard as well as sector pay.
On a recruitment day we do go through all this with you in more detail. And I will say you will be pleasently suprised at the achievable salary.

- Cost of accomodation, how easy/difficult it is to find a nice room with wi-fi connection ( cost of bills, transport)
-do you get overnights
- whats the roster like
-whats the staff travel allowance like

With regard to these question i am guessing they are aimed at you being based in Orly, Unfortunatly I have little knowledge of Orly so can't really help here. However when you join easyjet there is the company intranet where people advertise accomadation or you can advertise for wanted accomadation, and it is very useful.

HI where can I retrieve the 20 pages of the last year thread with all the tips for the selection process?

My Tips

1) Be smart, no jeans smart or not, no trainers or scruffy shoes i am sure you get the drift. (you will be suprised what turns up at times.

2) Be early, take in to account traffic, roadworks accidents. So give yourself plenty of traveling time to the interview. It is worth checking the internet for roadworks ect along the route you play to go to the recruitment day.

3) Check the airlines website for info on the airline, their web sites always contain info about the story of the airline as well as current airline info. You never know what you may get asked.

4) Be prepared for tests eg. maths and english (depending on the country of the airlinethen there may be local test) with maths its not rocket science just simple sums with currency conversions (conversion charts will be provided).

5) If the chance comes up for a question and answer session have some good questions ready that you want answered.

6) If there are team/group excercises be yourself, dont try dominate the exercise work together.

7) Try not to be to nervous in the interview, I know it's easier said than done, but try relax, listen to the interviewer and don't feel uncomfortable if you want to ask the interview to repeat something (as long as it was not cause you just were not listening).

8) BE YOURSELF it is nice to see people for who they are and see their personalities. Don't try be someone your not, or try be someone you think the airline want. Be You.

I hope these tips help you, again due to being on the recruitment team, I have to becarefull on how much info I post.

Good Luck

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 12:26
Hi Johnezy

Recruiting tomorow (Fri 2nd March) then Recruiting in EDI Tes 6th and back at the Academy Wed 7th. I think Iam with you recruiting Wed 15th.

Parisienne
1st Mar 2007, 13:04
Thank you very much Adamski for your answers,
I was speaking to a easyjet crew based in berlin and they told that many people didn t really speak german... what level of the base language knowledge is it required? I can understand almost everything, my speaking skills are a bit rusty, need a bit of brushing up. Can write and read with no probs.
I don t want to abuse your generosity :rolleyes: , one more question, whats the travel staff allowance. Do you getg free flights after 3 months or do you have to pay taxes, levy, admistration fees etc?
heaps of thanxs for your patience

c_ouame
1st Mar 2007, 17:01
I'm just back from an assessment day.

I was very nervous. Now, if you are invited to attend on an assessment day, I can give you the BIG advice : CARPE DIEM ! Be yourself and relax.

Try to remember that : you show your personality, then they know better if your values and your competencies are in adequation with theirs. In the same time, they give you all the information you need, so that you will know if easyJet is the company that 'fits' you too.

I enjoyed my day very much. And I hope I will hear from EZY very soon, the recruitment team and all the other members of the company I could met had a good demonstration of their happiness at work, even if their job looked very strenous and demanding. It is typically the company which I would like to work for. I hope I am typically the member they would like to work with.

Have a good night everyone. I'll try to let you know if I got the job...

babymax
2nd Mar 2007, 16:18
I got an assessment day coming up,im hoping to become a direct entry senior as the base im applying for brs is advertising,could any body tell me what the score is with direct sccm,do you complete a seniors course straight after initial training or have you got to wait for a course,also do you get offer of sccm before your training.also will they state at your interview they want to interview you for sccm.any help appreciated

Airbourne-Adamski
2nd Mar 2007, 16:44
babymax

On your assessment day we will see on your application if you want direct entry.
The recruitment team will assess you through the day, and can decide wether you can be put through as direct entry or have some time online first.
Either way once you have completed your new entrant training then if direct you go on a SCCM course (may work online as FA in between)
If you dont get Direct from your assessment day then when you get online at your base apply for SCCM which then you will go through a SCCM interview. Hope that helps and good luck.

Parisienne

Staff travel is available straight away, you can nominate 3 other people to be on your staff travel. There are no free flights, however the system we use, you book them on the company intranet, they are CONFIRMED seats and are dirt cheap, you can also book flights for the same day at mega cheap price. Also you get discount with easy hotels giving you choice of 1000's of hotels over the world (Most of the hotels are'nt easy brand but partnership) and we are talking 2,3,4 and 5 start hotels.
Hope that helps :)

esy
2nd Mar 2007, 17:23
Do you know if girls will be allowed to choose between a skirt and trousers in the new uniform?

johnezy
3rd Mar 2007, 00:09
hi not too sure about the new uniform i think it may be just skirts, but maybe someone else on here knows?

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Mar 2007, 15:40
From what I have heard from the girls trailing the uniform its just skirts

esy
3rd Mar 2007, 17:21
:sad: thanks for answers.

Dolley
3rd Mar 2007, 22:20
Only skirts?!

That should be a laugh for all the girls who so far had to wear trousers because of (big) tatoos on their legs...or will they all be made redundant???

Or has just somebody who's responsible just forgotten about a 'small' matter like this...why would that not surprise me?!

I wear only the trousers of the current uniform because (although I agree, the skirts look smarter) I find them so much more convenient for the job. I even would go so far to pretend I have a tatoo if that's the only way to get trousers!

There probably will be enough girls who will complain big time if trousers aren't an option anymore. If that's really the case easyjet should quickly rethink and design some trousers...to avoid the fuss that will most certainly happen otherwise!

EmmaB
3rd Mar 2007, 22:58
Very interesting - I guess the skirts-only thing is linked to EZY trying to reinvent itself as a bit upmarket of the other low-cost carriers. Well a lot of us working for other airlines don't have the choice of trousers, so I don't think it will do EasyJet girlies any harm... in fact I bet once they get used to it they'll prefer it :)

esy
4th Mar 2007, 05:14
I hope you are right Dolly and there will be trousers as well! Not only because of tatoos.

Parisienne
4th Mar 2007, 10:41
thanks Adamski, that-s fab far beyond expectations... I really appreciate your help.

still no-one out there that can give me some info on the Orly Base :=

Ciccio78
4th Mar 2007, 11:20
:( 34 days have passed by since I got the automated email from Easyjet confirming that my application had been successfully received.

Well.. it seems to have been enough time to review my application even though they are really busy at Gatwick.

As i said above i have lost hope and i do not think they are going to get back to me, what do yuo suggest to do?

I do not even know the number to call them to find out whether or not i was successful, could anyone post the telephone number?

Thanks guys..:)

johnezy
4th Mar 2007, 19:50
hi please call the recruitment team at Luton om 01582 525850. They are at Luton not gatwick and sometimes applications get put on hold if you apply for a base that we are not recruiting at what base did you go for and did you put a correct e mail address?

johnezy
4th Mar 2007, 19:55
Dolly: the uniform was voted for by crew did you vote? were you at easyjet when this happened? alot of people voted by looking at the pictures on inside, instead of making the effort to go and see the uniform up close with the designers and ask questions. Personally i wanted the other uniform with the orange shirts and no tie, with that one you girlies (with your massive tatoo's on your legs!) would have got a chioce of trousers and skirts, but everyone was too keen to get voting and now loads of people are regretting being so hastey!

Who needs to know what about Orly?

Ciccio78
4th Mar 2007, 20:08
Hi johnezy,

thanks for your reply. I appllied for London Gatwick, on their website they say they are recruiting at present. I think i put the right email as i received the automated message. Anyway i'll try to give them a call.:ugh:

johnezy
4th Mar 2007, 20:17
yeah make sure you do we are still recruiting for gatwick so you shouldn't have had to wait this long. I'm really sorry to hear that they haven't replied to you.

Dolley
4th Mar 2007, 20:30
John:

Yes, I voted and I voted for the third option, the mix and match of both designs.

To be quite honest I thought the whole thing was a bit of a joke. But nevermind.

I just don't see how easyjet can get rid of the trousers with girls who are actually not allowed to wear skirts by the company at the moment. What is easyjet going to do about cases like this? Seriously, any idea?

I know they are talking about leaving the ties for the guys optional at the moment so there is obviously still some room for changes.

However, about being not well informed...unfortunately I didn't have a chance to see the designs when they were introduced at our base, the photos (the ones that were supposed to help us vote) weren't very obvious only showing upper body pictures which I thought was a bit silly but there you go. But the actual design drawing for the wining uniform design shows trousers for the ladies. Go figure!

jackster
5th Mar 2007, 09:41
The winning uniform design has a choice of trousers or skirts for the girls, i went to the roadshow and that was one of the many questions asked!
Also in the pics the girl is actually wearing trousers.

Parisienne
5th Mar 2007, 10:58
Dear JOHNEZY,
#here-s Parisienne, I d like to know the following about Orly>

- Average roster ( i suppose that having only 11 destinations we might have at least one standby a week, which maybe is not good for the money)
-do you get overnights

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

c_ouame
5th Mar 2007, 21:21
Hi everyone,

everything is in the title. What should I add more ?:)
I am very very very happy. The bottle of champagne has been opened and I celebrated this event with my friends. I also had a little thought for you. I would like to thank all of you for the information I could get from here.:}

johnezy
6th Mar 2007, 11:48
hi c-ouame well done to you i hope you enjoy your course

OK Orly- well i am not based there so i have limited info for you perhaps there is a crew member on here from Orly that could help? But this is what i do know transport to the airport is up to you, i'm sure there are discount available for crew. you would only work out of Orly not CDG, that isn't one of our bases, and for the route please see our website, Orly is always getting more routes so i'm sure there will be more expansion of the base but at the moment it isn't a big base. This is sometimes better as you make closer friends with the crew that you fly with. As far as i know Orly don't have night stops but i'm not sure all i know that the norm for the airline is that we don't do night stops. You wouldn't really get a week of standbys, there maybe just 11 destinations but as i said it's a small base so you would be flying those destinations regulary. Hope this helps
john

Parisienne
7th Mar 2007, 15:20
HI Ouame,
I wondered whether you applied for the ORLY BASE... If so, maybe you got some information regarding the base.. @I guess you are french native speaker... do you know if the others got tested on the language on the same day of the assessment?
cheers,
all the best for your ezy career..

thanx john for your help :D

psychopathbabble
8th Mar 2007, 11:37
... is the big day! I have to drive down to Braintree tonight, so have plenty of time to start worrying again. My friend has just found out she has got on a cruise ship for the summer, so hopefully I will get equally good news!

I'm still concerned about the 'look at our website' for the interview comments though, as I haven't had much time this week to take a proper look and I have no internet access from today! :ugh:

Also, I'm allowing an hour and a half to get from Braintree, but forgot about the roadworks on perceival way. Am I going to need to make it 2 hours travel time?!

Good luck to everyone else!x

Airbourne-Adamski
8th Mar 2007, 15:33
psychopathbabble

Yeah may be worth giving 2 hours, there are also road works on M1 if your coming that way. And if you are early at the academy there is a canteen with vending machines you can use.

Good Luck

Airbourne-Adamski
10th Mar 2007, 15:16
Hi John

I have had roster changers for next week.
Looking at the company email we are recruiting together on
14th - 15th and 16th next week.
Look forword to it, see you then :cool:

psychopathbabble

How did it go?

smartinjordan
10th Mar 2007, 21:49
Hello there! I am new to this forum and am not a wannabe any more! I got a post with easyJet (the best company in the whole world). I am starting my training course on 19 March. :)

Anyone around doing the course with me at Luton? I am going to be based at LGW.

psychopathbabble
11th Mar 2007, 12:28
Hi Guys,

Well I made it through the whole day so now i just have to wait and see. It took me a while to think of some stuff in the interview but hopefully it was still ok. I left at 6.10 and got there at 8.05 after a couple of wrong turns ;)

There was someone called John there briefly, was that you??

I'm not going to worry too much until I know if I am being offered a job but it will involve moving as Im in north Suffolk and I would need to be at least in Ipswich, so I have some decisions to make :-)

I'll let you know as soon as I do what's going on! :ok:

Thanks again for your help and advice!

breagh01
11th Mar 2007, 12:57
try Fly Globespan. find out the recruitment days and go.
chin up :)

EzyChic
11th Mar 2007, 13:54
Hi,

is there anychance one of you guys on the recruitment team can let me know what it involves (being on the recruitment team that is)? We got an email saying they were recruiting and to apply stating why we would suit the job.

I emailed back asking for more infomation on what it would involve (the email said very little). The response was to apply, then if I got the job and it wasn't what I wanted I could turn it down. Seems a bit silly to me. Does anyone know what it involves? I'm not comfortable applying for a job if I don't know what it is, more to the point, how can I say how I would be suited to it?

Help

EzyChic

That didn't make much sense when I read it back, let me know if you don't get it.

c_ouame
12th Mar 2007, 09:31
I was a busy those last days so I couldn't reply sooner.

No, I haven't been tested in French. It might be because it is my mother tongue. As far as I've understood, there is a language test if you declare you speak fluently a language other than your mother tongue and English. There is an English test during the assessment day for it is a requirement.

easyJet recruiters also told us they wouldn't base us in a place we don't speak the language - As they aknowledge you speak that language if you are succefull to the test language.

For your Orly questions, I am not sure I can help you.

Have a nice day.

C_ouame

esy
12th Mar 2007, 16:42
Is it true that candidates write the language test (different than english) after the training? Even if it's a language of their base?

johnezy
12th Mar 2007, 17:42
hi everyone sorry not been on in a while, been busy as im heading off to pastures new!
right well lets see, where to start?
i am the only john on the recruitment team so i suppose that was me!!
if you speak a language as your mother tongue then you won't be tested on it.
hi Adam see ya on wed!

and finally the recruitment team do just about everything on the day. as a cabin crew assessor you will be required to check the candidates in, meet and greet! then you will be doing some questions and answers, after they watch a video on a day in the life of ... then there is a maths and english test to take them through and then you maybe either saying well done or having to turn people away if they have failed. after this we organise the group exercises and then again you maybe either saying well done or having to turn people away-this bit is quite hard to do and alot of people who applied for the role last time turned the job down because of this, so be prepared you will at times have to squash people dreams, (anyone reading this who has had to be turned down please note that this is as much difficult for us as it is you!). then we do a presentation on pay and contracts after this you do the interviews. So as a cabin crew assessor you will involved in every part of the day and really do have a say in who you want to work with in the future! it is fun and very rewarding but it is
also very difficult, busy and at times stressfull. but if you can give a presentation if front of up to 30 people, want the travel/night stops and are a good judge of charecter then apply!!!!:ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
12th Mar 2007, 17:50
Had a nice night stop in EDI last week recruiting.

Its completely different night stopping with recruitment than as you word with crew. Not just B and B but there is also exspences for evening meals ect paid for by recruitment :D

Plus you get to know the coordinators better.

EzyChic
12th Mar 2007, 21:23
Ooooh Adam, you're desperate for me to apply, I can see it. lol

I'm still a bit weary(sp?), I love night stops, but are there lots and lots? (I have a family). Plus do I still fly? (I love flying), is the pay usual plus an office day? (you can pm me with that info).

Cheers guys

psychopathbabble
13th Mar 2007, 14:05
just to get it out of my system... i am starting to get really nervous now waiting for my phone to ring! :eek: it's killing me!

is there any sort of pattern as to when you get in touch with applicants? :ugh:

I keep thinking about it in my head and planning stuff then remembering that I'm not actually in the job yet and might not be!

JOHNEZY... good luck with the new job, i hope it goes well for you :)

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Mar 2007, 17:50
EzyChic

Ooooh Adam, you're desperate for me to apply, I can see it. lol Please see you mail box :\ ;)

You still fly full time so to speak, but you are rostered recruitment days, sometimes a couple a month other times more, for instance i have 8 in total this month.
Plus recruitment dept have the power to get your roster changed from flying to recruitment days Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Pay is fine, Basic as well as office day pay. so you dont loose money.

Go On I Know You Want To :mad:

johnezy
13th Mar 2007, 23:16
hi easy chic, adam's right its a good side line to have and varies, depending on when they need you but generally you do about 5-10 days a month. the trips away are normally just for 2 or 3 days and are very rare as they try to spread them out a bit. You get looked after well, and fell like you're really making a difference (especially when you recruit someone for you own base!). The office day pay is very good, if you think you'ld like it apply otherwise there will be loads of peole after the posistion, there were last time. Before this year the recruitment team haven't been after anyone for the team for years, and some people have said that they waited years to apply! so it's up to you, but dont waste time thinking about it as the posistion will be filled extremely quickly, and then you may miss out!

johnezy
13th Mar 2007, 23:20
oooh nearly forgot, pyschicobabble:
i know wait ing is the hardest part! so i really do feel for you. there is no pattern for calling applicants, sometime they do it in days and sometimes it can take a bit. Basically the team will do it as soon as they get time and have sorted out, course dates, contracts, and wheather they need to book hotel rooms. so please just try and occupy yourself! it get harder if you are successful and have to wait for your course to start! my course with VS starts on monday and i'm getting very nervous about it so today i took my mind off it and cleaned my car, i spent all day on it! and thats really something for me as the next time i clean it will probably be this time next year lol!

psychopathbabble
14th Mar 2007, 17:57
I got the job :} i don't start until May 15th as I have got holidays and things going on before that but I'm so excited, shocked, scared, happy... the list goes on. I have just about managed to stop crying :O

EzyChic
14th Mar 2007, 18:07
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*

Welcome to the family.

Where are you based?

psychopathbabble
14th Mar 2007, 19:05
Stansted is my new home :ok:

the goon
15th Mar 2007, 12:37
My better half has just attended one of your recruitment days. She was not invited back for the individual interviews held during the second part of the process. Fair enough, you may think, however on posing the question of why she was not to be interviewed, she was told her standard of English was not "Up to standard".

I find this ridiculus as although she is French, her level of spoken English is on a par with mine and her written, far exceedes my own. Coupled with this she has more 3 years experiance in the job with a corporate operation and two scheduled airlines, therefore I doubt that she has any issues with "team working" having proven this by experiance.

As an occupier of the RHS I have had the "pleasure" of flying with cabin crew who`s level of English was so bad on one occasion I had to draw a picture of a bottle of water to make her understand what I was requesting.

So to the question, all you EZY recruiters. Any pointers to why she would have been rejected?

johnezy
15th Mar 2007, 18:03
hi there sorry to hear about your wife.
ok, a few piont to consider if she passed the exams then she can certainly read and write in english good enough for us, however in the group exercises we look at some candidates and it becomes tclear that they are having trouble understanding people when they are talking or their spoken english may be a little weak. More likely in the group exercise she was a bit weak in the competencies that we look for, these are conciensous, empathy,initiative and scense of ungency, we do tell them this at the start of the day. we dont just look at team work, and just because someone has flown with another airline for years doesn't mean that they will be perfect and pocess eveything that we are looking for. Please do remember that we are not saying that your wife is not good enough for us it's just that she didn't show what we were looking for on the day. I'm sure that she would make an excellent crew member for us but she needs to show us that, wich she can, if she so wishes in 6 months time. I hope this helps you understand what we are looking for and why she may have been turned down.
Kind regards
john

the goon
16th Mar 2007, 10:04
Johnezy,

Many thanks for considered reply. Had a long chat with her about it last night and it seems that she was put into a group that consisted of a mainly native english speakers and it appears that she somehow left out as she was unable to keep up with the london accent!

I`ll pass on those pointers to her and keep the fingers crossed for the next time.

Thanks again.

jam1234
16th Mar 2007, 10:11
Has anyone who was on the assesment day 14th March heard anything yet?? im dead Inpatient

Thanks

psychopathbabble
16th Mar 2007, 12:21
I had my assessment day on Friday and got a call on Wednesday, another girl who went same day only heard this morning.

I know it is very very very difficult (just look at my posts above!) but the call will come and it will be unbelievable!!! :ok:

johnezy
16th Mar 2007, 16:04
hello! to all easyjet people, wannabe's,soontobe's, and those waiting to hear!
I have just finished my last recruitment day tomorrow and apart from a homestandby will be finishing with the airline tomorrow. I am leaving to move to Virgin Atlantic, this will be very exciting and hopefully will be everything i wanted and more! My time at easyjet has been brilliant, I have made some great friends and helped to recruit some great crew. My decision to leave and go to virgin has been a hard one to make but if i didn't go for it, i would always have woundered what it would be like to work for them and to fly long haul. Maybe when i get bored with the routes and night stopping i will return to easyjet. they are a great company to work for, and really look after their crew.
So all that remains to say is Goodbye to all those who know me, and good luck to all those i have recruited or are thinking of applying.
Happy flying :ok:

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 16:32
jam1234

I was doing your assessment day on the 14th. Obviously I don't know who you are from your username. Please be patient with us, it has only been a few days, I am sure you will hear soon. And good luck.

the goon

Sorry to hear you partner was unsuccessful on her assessment day. I hope she can take away the feedback as constructive feedback and not as negative. As Johnesy said Don't forget we welcome people to reapply in 6 months and do like to be proven wrong. If she liked what she saw with easyjet then we will look forward to seeing her in 6 months. Good Luck

johnezy

How was today?
Well it is now all over my good friend, Going to miss recruiting with you, I feel that we both were on the same page when recruiting. And of course going to miss flying with you :(
I wish you all the best with Virgin and hope all goes well. I look forward to seeing you around and of course chin wagging on here.

EzyChic
16th Mar 2007, 16:54
loved the reply to the goon,

tell me, was the bad English intentional?

Just kidding, enjoy being a Virgin.

Lovvvvvvvve yyyyyyyou

Airbourne-Adamski
16th Mar 2007, 17:00
EzyChic

You applied yet?

EzyChic
16th Mar 2007, 18:03
No,

you only want me to apply so you can find out who I am!

LOL

I'm still not sure y'know.

Thinking I might not :-s

Might wait 'til it comes up again.

Dolley
16th Mar 2007, 19:29
ezychic and adam,

That recruitment job you are talking about...how come it's not on inside?
Or am I just to blind to see?
I thought they had to post all internal job offers there to make it fair...I might be wrong...

EzyChic
16th Mar 2007, 21:53
Hi,

it was on inside, and it was sent out in an email to all LTN crew. I don't now why it isn't now (not checked), I saw it on the old intranet.

HTH

Ezy

EzyChic
16th Mar 2007, 22:32
Whooops,

it's not there as the closing date for applications was the 13th March.

Dolley
16th Mar 2007, 23:18
Strange, because I checked before the 13th but on the new one....hm, I was probably just blind ;-)

Nevermind, I wasn't interested, just wondering why I couldn't see it anywhere.
Sounds like you will have to wait for the next chance now though...

returningtofly!
17th Mar 2007, 08:48
Hi Guys:)
I am ez crew and for those going to the Assessment centres,dont worry!
They are all a nice bunch,and based on my previous flying experience,alot more relaxed as a whole.
The selection is quite tough,but just be yourself,seriously.
The test is currency conversions(they do give you a calculator!!),multiple choice,it is really easy!!
About half the original amount get to stay the whole day,but they all tend to get it,by way of telephone,usually within days.
If you are successful but prefer to be at a base where there not currently recruiting for,you can put in for a Transfer as soon as your Training course has finished,and priority is given internally rather than recruiting from the outside,for smaller bases be prepared to wait 2/3 months.
All training for all bases is done at Luton at the Academy,and you stay at the ibis hotel(which isnt the best,but a good laugh!)
Good luck to all those going for the interview,smile lots!!!:ok:

returningtofly!
17th Mar 2007, 08:52
Hi Guys,the Recruitment Position wasnt posted on the intranet,it was just sent out to all Luton crew,has anyone heard anything back yet??

Airbourne-Adamski
17th Mar 2007, 15:34
Hi there returningtofly!

Nice to see a new face on here, not sure who you are tho LOL.

Again as returningtofly (RTF for short if thats ok) i belive it was only email to LTN crew.
The job on inside was for Full Time Recruitment Coordinators.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Mar 2007, 15:47
Blimey its gone quiet,

Everyone get a job or something LOL

EzyChic
19th Mar 2007, 15:51
yeah, working away....sat in the crew room as we speak.

Airbourne-Adamski
19th Mar 2007, 15:55
ASB oh the joins and fun

JoJoTink
20th Mar 2007, 14:14
Hey ive joined today as ive just found out im going to the assesment day on the 29th March...Im sooo nervous :eek: Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to stop up at Luton? im goin to travel up the night before, i only live an hour and a half away but im just worried i'll b late so think its best if im stayin close. So anyone have any ideas?
Im loving this site!!! So much helpful information about what will happen on the day, its put my mind at ease and im getting excited now.

Thanks everyone :ok:

EzyChic
20th Mar 2007, 15:57
In English(?)

Or just simplyfy it for I am thick.

psychopathbabble
22nd Mar 2007, 21:49
Hey, not sure about where to stay but I drove down to Braintree and stayed at family members the night before, giving me just under a 2 hour drive instead of 4 and it was fine. Having left at 6.10am there was very little traffic on the road and after only 2 wrong turns, I made it to the academy at 8.10!

I am generally a highly strung person (also not good with mornings) but I didn't find the driving at that time particularly stressful and I felt fine when I got there apart from the expected interview nerves!

good luck x :ok:

JoJoTink
27th Mar 2007, 09:43
Cheers :) I found somewhere close to stay now as i know i will get lost, im so bad with directions. Gettin so nervous now though...oh i hope i do well on the 29th! :eek:

psychopathbabble
27th Mar 2007, 14:15
If I can do... I am positive you can!!

Best of luck to you, let us know!!

Where is your preferred base? I start training in May and will be based at Stansted.

JoJoTink
27th Mar 2007, 16:26
Stansted aswell :) oh im soooo excited now! got everything ready and sorted to go up, just have to sit and wait now (well i cant sit still for to long cause im excited) I shall b back on Friday and let you know how it went or if I never come back then you know it went really bad....or I got totally lost and ended up at the wrong place :hmm: hehe :ok:

Vectors Req'd!
29th Mar 2007, 08:36
Hey all

I made some enquires yesterday, as I also threw my hat into the ring, and was told that the applicants had not yet been discussed with higher management. It seems the whole thing has got slightly held up.

So I guess no news is good news!! Not sure I know that much about it, as when I first registered an interest I was under the impression you may work at the accademy a couple of days a month and carry on with your flying roster as normal.

Did anyone else take it as a full time job? Not so sure I would want to do it if thats the case!!

ps Long live the new Bacon toastie from April 1st he he :)

little_miss_sunshine
30th Mar 2007, 08:27
Hi all. I filled out an online application form on Tuesday and got an e-mail yesterday inviting me to an assessment day on 11 April. Is the reply from easyJet not really quick? I know I shouldn't complain though! Also does anyone have any idea if they're recruiting a few people for the Edinburgh base? This is all new to me!

Thanks!

eggorbeans
30th Mar 2007, 10:55
Hi Can any one tell me how long it would be if I worked for Easyjet before being able to go part-time at STN or LTN, please?
I really want to go back flying but due to family commitments cannot do full time. thanks

Airbourne-Adamski
30th Mar 2007, 11:41
JoJoTink

Hi Jo, If i am thinking right and looking at your name, i think I interviewed you yesterday, How did you find it?

Good luck let us know

esy
31st Mar 2007, 14:47
I have just noticed that EZY doesn't recruit for SXF.
I applied two weeks ago, when Berlin was available. Will they take my application into consideration? I have not heard yet. Adam, what do you think?

Airlinegirl
31st Mar 2007, 17:39
hey guys

just wondering if anyone starts trining on the 24th ? thats when i start mine .. im so excited!!! let me know!!

aggie140378
31st Mar 2007, 17:45
little miss sunshine,
I have my assessment day on the 11th too. I take it we are speaking about Edinburgh

JoJoTink
31st Mar 2007, 18:50
Hi Adam, Yer i wondered if that was you when you introduced yourself. I really enjoyed the day, didnt feel nervous which I was shocked at. Everyone was so nice so that helped. Dont think i stopped talking about the day when I got home till after about 3 hours. Keep jumping every time my phone rings or i get an email now. I'll let you all know as soon as i do (hopfully it will b good news) And thanks for not making my interview scary :)

Wulfy
1st Apr 2007, 01:16
Hi, I'm new here but have some questions

I'm living in Belgium, but I had made an application for an easyjet base in London (cause if I move to London I'm still not that far away from my family in Belgium) , but now I did get the following email :

Thank you for your completed application form for easyJet cabin crew.

At present we are not recruiting for your preferred base and therefore we have not progressed your application any further.

We are currently recruiting for our Edinburgh, Dortmund and Paris Orly bases. If you would like to be considered for any of these bases, please email us at [email protected] and we will continue with your application.

In order to be considered for any of our Mainland European bases it is a requirement that you are fluent in the native language (this would be tested).

I would consider the Paris base cause it's near my family home in the southwest of Belgium (even Edinburgh perhaps) , but i was wondering does anybody know how "fluent" is "fluent french" for easyjet ? my native language is Flemish-Dutch and I consider my English quite fluent as well, but my French is not bad, but it has been since my school days that i really had to speak it often in conversations, and it is quite rusty (especially writing)

justD
1st Apr 2007, 09:38
About part time:

you definitely have to complete your probation (6 months) then you can get it on compassionate basis or after 1 year you can just apply and you get it if a spot becomes available.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong...:confused:

Dolley
1st Apr 2007, 11:28
Wulfy:

They test you in the language, in your case French and I think it's something along the line that they have a talk with you about your family, friends, hobbies and stuff.
They make you read something like the safety demo in French and I think they make sure you are fit to assist in a medical emergency, means you know words like heart, pain, cramp, blood...so you can pretty much talk about signs and symptoms...
Not sure if there's anything written.
I've only got this second hand anyway as I've never had a language test.

You might want to consider Edinburgh and after six month you can apply for a base transfer to London!

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Apr 2007, 12:01
JoJoTink

Your welcome, it was nice to meet you on the day. I am sure you are very on edge waiting for the call or email, sure it will be soon.

I wish you luck, let us all know how you got on.

Part Time

JustD, You are pretty much spot on about part time, Yes you have to coplete 6 months probation before you can apply for part time. However I am not aware that afetr your 6 months probation part time is on compasionate basis. Until you have been here 1 year which then is normal.
On assessment days we do advise the candidates part time can be applied for after 6 months.
Interesting info JustD, maybe thats our mission to found out LOL.

Oh and Wulfy

The language test is now done over the phone.

justD
1st Apr 2007, 13:57
Looked it up :)
You can apply for part-time after you have completed 6 moths, or, if you have a kid you have to look after, you can ask for flexible working regulations after 26 weeks.

eggorbeans
1st Apr 2007, 16:12
Thanks for the info on part time work-helpful stuff. it's also great to hear that so many people are happy at easyjet, they are obviously getting it right!

_DanAir_
1st Apr 2007, 23:24
hi everyone im new here first i'd like to apologise if i didnt write this in the correct forum but i had a look around and i thought this was the one...:uhoh:

I'd like to say that i would like to try and work for easyjet in its base in paris, but there's something i dont quite understand... what does secondment really mean? on the website it says "secondment" about paris and milan... could anyone tell me what does that mean? what difference is there with other bases... and do you need to know french to aply for that base? and is it a very demanded base by easyjet's crew or is it easy to go straight to that base? thanks a lot.:)

justD
2nd Apr 2007, 07:41
Unfortunately I can't tell you how popular the Paris base is, but yes, you have to speak French if you would like to apply there. (Although there are people at foreign bases who don't speak the language and still managed to get there as a newbie...there has to be a way around it, but don't know how...)
If you don't speak french, apply to any other base where you speak the language and you can transfer after 6 month.

"Secondment" means that you are on an English contarct, but not actually working in England. Theoretically you are based at one of the English bases and you are only "seconded" to your actual base.
Madrid and the Swiss bases have their own contract.

Hope this all made sense...:uhoh:

little_miss_sunshine
2nd Apr 2007, 08:25
Aggie - yes the assessment day I have been invited to on 11 April is at Edinburgh. Have you been to one of these before? Just I'm pretty worried about it already!

little_miss_sunshine
2nd Apr 2007, 11:21
I'm wondering if anyone can possibly answer my question. I would love to work as cabin crew but I'm really unsure about the salary. How much roughly can you expect to earn? Obviously trying to make sure I can cover bills etc!

Thanks for any help.

c_ouame
2nd Apr 2007, 11:40
Hi,

I suggest you read this forum from the beginning to get an idea of what the assessment day is about. My best piece of advice is 'be yourself'. The recruitment team will do everything to make you confortable and relaxed.

Salary and Benefits will be explained during that day. Anyway, you shall know how much you can expect to earn before you accept an eventual offer.

Hope this helps. And enjoy your assessment day. Make us know.

c_ouame.

_DanAir_
2nd Apr 2007, 11:51
hi everyone, thanks JustD :) ,

there's something that i didnt understand...:uhoh: so if i dont speak french i can't go directly to paris base but i can go after six months in another base? sorry i dont understand...,

and one more question...so if secondment means that you are in one base but you are seconded to another (in this case paris...) that means i wouldnt be the hole year in paris? thank you;)

justD
2nd Apr 2007, 12:41
Yes, if you don't speak french, you cannot apply to Paris. But I think there is a way around it, so I suggest you apply to any base where you speak the language, then on the assessement day they will clear it off for you. You will have to choose 3 preferred bases.
I do know a few new crew, who don't speak for example German, but they still started in Germany. Don't know how, though.

If you are seconded to Paris you will be full time crew in Paris, this whole secondment is only beacause you are on an English contract. I guess that is just to make it legal. It is just for their records, you probably won't even notice.

After 6 months service you can transfer to any base even if you don't speak the language. (During this time you could even learn to speak that language)

little_miss_sunshine
2nd Apr 2007, 13:42
Thanks for your message.

I had a look at the previous messages on this forum but couldn't find much info at all. Think it seems to be part of a previous forum or something.

Could you possibly tell me at all what kind of information they ask about the company? Just there is so much on the website and not sure if there is an area in particular to look at.

Thanks.

esy
2nd Apr 2007, 14:10
JustD, are you by chance SXF based?

_DanAir_
2nd Apr 2007, 14:15
thanks again JustD really kind of ye,

well if they ever call me i'll pick paris base as number one choice since i see that other crew without the language have been able to pick a base without knowing it... just wait and see lol i still have to finish my studies in spain, i just asked all this because ive heard here in spain there is crew that dont speak spanish... thanks for everything.

justD
2nd Apr 2007, 14:28
In Madrid there is of course crew who don't speak the language, as they are there from other bases helping out until the newbies get their IDs sorted.
You should see the hotel!!! In every second room you find ezy crew :hmm:

esy:
Wherever you'd like me to be from...:O

Juud
2nd Apr 2007, 14:29
Sunshine, I am having a lazy day here, so I did some searching for you. :)

link (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221228&highlight=wages) & link (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=199484&highlight=wages)

esy
2nd Apr 2007, 14:31
oh sorry didn't mean to be nosey:\

justD
2nd Apr 2007, 14:34
Hey, I was just joking!:}

little_miss_sunshine
2nd Apr 2007, 15:10
Juud - thanks for the links. Just I obviously wanted to make sure I would earn enough money to pay my bills etc. Do you have any idea of what kind of questions you get asked about the company at the assessment day?

justD
2nd Apr 2007, 15:46
As long as you have a general knowledge about the company history (!!!) and the operation, you'll be fine.
A couple of years ago they had questions about passenger figures, management team members, company history, bases, destinations, conditions of travel ie. how long before departure does the boarding start...
Back then it did not matter if you could't answer these questions correctly. I know I couldn't... :\
These must have chaned ever since though...

c_ouame
2nd Apr 2007, 16:45
You're welcome.

Don't worry about the information you need. Pick up 2 or 3 pieces of that, 2 or 3 of this... You don't need to learn the website by heart ! Try to remember things like : what are the existing destinations from the base you chose ? Do you know if there will be new ones in the future ? What's the duration of a roster ? things like that... But be honest in your answers. Nobody's perfect !

Hope it helps.

c_ouame

aggie140378
2nd Apr 2007, 23:47
hi sunshine,
First it was u offline, then me. I think you've been helped quite a lot already but if you go back and read all the posts you will see the best piece of advice is to be yourself. Don't worry about group exercises as such, as there are no wrong answers, the easyJet recruiters want to see you as a part of a team, remember to respect others' opinions but get a chance to voice yours in a polite way. I should be there a bit earlier on Wednesday so we could have a wee chat, I am not an expert but have been reading a bit. When it comes to history's company, have a wee look at key facts such as when they had first booking online, what bases they've got roughly and definitely, as mentioned politely before, where they fly from your chosen base, which would be EDI. Speak to you soon, as I'm off tomorrow and Wed, I'm sure I'll catch you and we can have a wee blether.
Aggie

little_miss_sunshine
3rd Apr 2007, 08:11
Thanks for the comments from everyone. I really appreciate them!

Aggie - yeah we can catch up for a chat at some point!

little_miss_sunshine
3rd Apr 2007, 11:01
Sorry to bother everyone again but I tried to get in touch with the tax office for a letter of my previous employment etc and basically they have made a mess of my file and can only sort it when I get my P60 in the middle of the month. My assessment date is 11 April so I wondered if I definitely need exact dates of employment before my assessment date or if I can provide these if I am successful? Just really worried I will have to cancel my assessment!

psychopathbabble
3rd Apr 2007, 12:31
I had mine on the day but they just want it as soon as possible.

Even though I had already handed it in, it is requested again in your contract pack. Don't panic! They are aware the tax office aren't always on the ball :E