PDA

View Full Version : Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment

Pages : 1 [2] 3

rubyrocks118
1st Mar 2007, 13:32
If a flight is meant to be departing at 11am and is delayed for 3 hours, the crew need to be there 2 hours before take off, what time should the crew be there for.:uhoh:

what do you guys think it's either 9am or 12midday, is this a a type of trick question that they might put in the tests:rolleyes:

thanks

chrissy xx

r3please
1st Mar 2007, 15:25
I would say midday :D

vodkaholic
1st Mar 2007, 15:27
depends how virgin work doesnt it. i know some airlines if a flight is delayed you have to wait at the airport, but at other airlines if your flight is delayed you can wait at home.

can only suppose this is one of the questions at the interview...so i would say midday, not knowing virgins SOPs.

milkjigger
1st Mar 2007, 16:17
Any one else out there going to the recruitment day on 6th march?:)

tiggerific_69
1st Mar 2007, 16:24
i was meant to be attending on the 27th feb,but am now going on the 7th march instead :)

Virgin_girlie
1st Mar 2007, 17:48
Hi Hot-bit!

Congrats for getting the job!! :D I'm the start date after you, start my training on the 26th March. Like you, I'm wondering how many folk are on the training courses.

Anyone know?

See ya down there! :p

Jill x

Princessjalee
1st Mar 2007, 18:02
Miss jill, i got told a while back that it was 20 x

rubyrocks118
1st Mar 2007, 19:16
Hi Everyone, xx

After hours and hours of searching on the net, i have finally found the virgin atlantic uniform:ok: They have the current uniforms and also show all the previous uniforms dating back to the 80s (ooohhhh i love the 80s :) )

the website is www.uniformfreak.com (http://www.uniformfreak.com) just click on anyone of the icons then search the uniforms, they basically have every airline you can think of on there.

happy searching xx
chrissy xx:p

Virgin_girlie
2nd Mar 2007, 09:22
Jade,

Hehe thank you honey, that's what I suspected! :D

xx

ChrissyB
2nd Mar 2007, 14:25
Hello everyone, To those of you who are on the course on the 26th, id love to get to know you some before we all actually start training, add me on msn if ud like or check out my myspace page and we can all get chatting, if u go to http://www.myspace.com/chrissay_b and ul find me lmao. In fact, that all sounded slightly unfriendly to the rest of you so you can all add me and we'll ava gud chat lmao (my god i sound so lonely and desperate:ugh: )

Hahaha anyway my luvlies, id love to chat to some of you other guys/gals from the Virgin crew of 2007!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

L-EO
6th Mar 2007, 01:15
hey im starting with virgin on the 19th of march!! anyone else starting then? get in touch with me!! xx

Jodi77
6th Mar 2007, 11:13
Hello Leo!

I start training on 19th March...... not long now!!

You staying near Gatwick for training?

Jodi x

johnezy
6th Mar 2007, 11:38
hi Leo i start the 19th aswell

Hot-bit
6th Mar 2007, 12:51
Me to.. i cant wait.. 19th isnt that far away now.. im going for my uniform fitting on friday.. Has anyone else been yet.. how do the ladies uniform fit ? are they standard size 10's and 12's.. you know how paranoid us girls are.. well i am:p .. im looking forward to meeting everyone.

rubyrocks118
6th Mar 2007, 12:57
OMG OMG OMG, I got the job aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!! :):) I’m so excited!!!!!!!!!! I start on the 10th April xxxx

Thank you all so much for your sound advice over the past couple of weeks it really help me a lot XXXX:ok:

Chrissy xxx

Virgin_girlie
6th Mar 2007, 16:03
CONGRATULATIONS chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Aww that's fantastic!! I'm so happy for you!! Hehe bet you're totally hyper...I've been hyper about 2 weeks solid now, lol!

See ya in London!! :p

Jill xx

GTCrew
6th Mar 2007, 17:05
Hey Leo... I'm also on the 19th... all ready?

L-EO
6th Mar 2007, 18:24
yeah im stayin about 2mins away from the base, movin down on the 18th, day before the training starts! bit scared - never met the person im movin in with and never seen the house im stayin in either!! haha! got my uniform fittin on the 13th! my references still arent sorted out either!! ahh!! how you guys gettin on with it all??

GTCrew
6th Mar 2007, 18:44
Well.. if it helps... I haven't got accommodation yet, they've already starting to work on my references but I'm not sure how long it's gonna take them and my fitting is on the 14th... he he... GOOD LUCK and see you soon!

johnezy
6th Mar 2007, 19:59
hi guys had my uniform fitting on the 1st, sorry hot bit i didn't try the girls uniform on, only ever done drag once and i dont plan on doing it again!!!lol:p My references are all done and im moving to my accommodation on the 18th i have never met the people who i'll be staying with and not seen the house so i'm a bit nervous about that but i am staying with someone else who is on the 19th course so that should be cool.:ok:

Virgin_girlie
8th Mar 2007, 08:36
Hi Hot-bit,

Yup it's just standard sizes, you just try on the one you think will fit best in a little changing room, and then they take it from there, it it's too tight, too loose etc...regulations are SO strict as to how it must look, so it's got to be perfect! I had to get a bigger size than I am usually, to get the length (cos I'm too bloody tall) and then I was covered in pins because she had to narrow the whole thing down :p You might get lucky and just fit normally haha! I had mine yesterday and it was sooo much fun to see myself in the uniform - so exciting!! We get 30 dry cleaning vouchers every six months as well, which is great.

The list is endless, suits, shirts, 2 shoes, cardigan for crew rest, handbag etc... We get everything down to the silver earrings, and you have a choice about some stuff, like for your ground shoes you can choose a medium or high heel (obviously the cabin ones are just low though)

Can't really think of anything else that stood out! Hope this gives you some idea of what happens!!

Jill x

Hot-bit
8th Mar 2007, 08:49
hi Jill, thanks so much for the info, that really gives me an idea of what to expect tommorrow.. i, like you, am so excited to try on the uniform.. never thought i ever would.. not to slate any other airlines uniform.. but there is something special about the Virgin one.. Just got to get the references sorted.. with me starting on the 19th i guess i will get the pre course pack soon.. wonder what we will have to know before we get there!! Thanks again for taking the time to reply..:p
JoJo x

Virgin_girlie
8th Mar 2007, 11:24
No probs JoJo - have fun tomorrow!! It's also just brilliant to see the Base and stuff, hehe! :p

You're right, there's something special about the uniform, it's just gorgeous. Can't WAIT to get it!!

Jill x

milkjigger
8th Mar 2007, 11:56
Does any one know if occupational health request a medical report from your doctor for new entrant crew? I asked my Doctor does he charge for this service and found out if costs between £55 & £70. So i hoping they dont request one

Hot-bit
8th Mar 2007, 13:05
hi Jill.. i hope we get to meet down in crawley.. maybe ill see ya at the training centre.. or on a crew nite out at brannigans.. take care
JoJo..x

Virgin_girlie
8th Mar 2007, 13:09
Was thinking that too! :p I'm sure I'll see you, all the trainees had their lunch at the same time, the canteen was heaving! Would be great to meet you! Can't believe you've only got 11 days to go...ahh! See ya down there! :D

Jill x

Hot-bit
8th Mar 2007, 14:50
Oh my god.. sounds close when you say it like that.. i had my pre course e learning pack today.. there is alot of info to take in... glad that there is still that time left.. i think ill need it to help it sink into my brain !!! :ugh: I will make use of the gym facilitys.. 2pound fifty a week.. thats really good..!! no excuse for the squiggy bits once ive started the course...
Take care Jill... bet we will meet up in the canteen !! I'll be the one with the lettuce leaf...:uhoh: x

Princessjalee
8th Mar 2007, 21:46
Ahhh so u do get a re-course learning pack through for the e-learning then! Lol! Theres me worrying jill hat they hadnt told us about all this work we had to do! Hope i havent messed up my log in then coz i have somehow managed to access the e-learning already...hmm!

NOT LONG NOW!!!! :8 x

L-EO
8th Mar 2007, 22:01
does anyone know how hard the swimming part of the training is? i can swim but am not great!! lol, bit worried about it! x

Hot-bit
8th Mar 2007, 22:12
hi ya.. if the other airlines i have worked for are anything to go by its not too hard.. a bit of treading water and swimming with the life jacket on.. you get to inflate the jacket and jump in.. maybe pull yourself into the life raft.. i wouldnt worry if i were you.. you are on the same course on the 19th as i am.. it will be fun, you will see x

jodielouise
8th Mar 2007, 22:36
Hi all, i had been waiting 6 weeks to hear if i'd been successful with my second interview for tcx i emailed to ask if anyone knew when i would recieve any news, had reply following day saying i'd got job which is great:D ,but they are waiting on final number for bases to see wether i will start 2007 or 2008. i'm frustrated because i have been on another chatroom and there are people that start their training on the 19 march at bhx which is where ive applied for.Anyone else experienced this?Is it normal, i feel like im being fobbed off now.:confused:

jodielouise
8th Mar 2007, 22:49
hi can you help me i have been successful with tcx after waitnig for 6 weeks i emailed and had reply saying i was successful which is great BUT the email then went on to say there waiting for final numbers to see which basis are full before they send out job offers for 2007, im so confused!!:confused: I would be grateful for any info cheersx

tiggerific_69
9th Mar 2007, 08:26
Jodie
if you read the title of the Thread - "Virgin UK - Wannabees & Recruitment" I think it will give you a bit of a hint as to why no one is replying about TCX.This thread isnt about TCX,its about Virgin! Use the search function and then maybe you will find a thread where you can get some answers.

c.r.m what is it
9th Mar 2007, 10:48
hiya

Any of you guys that have been to the interview recently, got any tips what to do and what not to do, I want this job so much and has taken me years to get as far as an interview, so I don't want to mess it up! any help I will be grateful for!

EKBird
9th Mar 2007, 10:57
Hi c.r.m what is it,

If you have a look through this thread from the beginning there is loads of information and tips about the interview. I had my interview at the beginning of Feb and it is exactly how it is mentioned in the thread. Hope this helps.

EKBird XXX

josea
10th Mar 2007, 11:37
Hey Everyone!!

Ive just been offered a position as cabin crew for Virgin- so excited!!!
I start on the 16th April and will be moving to london. Hope this question doesnt sound stupid, but i was just wondering where the best place to move to is? because i understand that with Virgin you have to work in both Heathrow and Gatwick, but my letter says that my normal place of work is Heathrow! So does that mean that i should live near to Heathrow or will i be given flights out of both airports? I got a bit confused, so not sure what area to look in now! Also is there a Virgin crew bus that goes between gatwick and heathrow?

Jo x x

Virgin_girlie
10th Mar 2007, 13:24
Hi Jo - CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

I start on the 26th March, and I'm moving to London on the 25th. I think I'm doing what most people are doing - staying in temporary accommodation near Gatwick, as we train near Gatwick airport...and then after the 6 weeks training, I'll move elsewhere. Possibly nearer Heathrow, as more flights go from there, you're right...but I really like the area I'm in at Gatwick so who knows - might end up staying somewhere there! I'd definitely look for somewhere nearer Gatwick to get you through the 6 weeks training, as you don't want a big journey added onto the stress of training.

After the training I've no idea where I'll be lol! Eek!

From what I understand, there's a crew bus that goes between the 2 airports, not sure of times etc though. I'm sure we'll find all that out down there (hopefully!!) - I feel totally in the dark lol!

Jill xx

ps Jade I was laughing so much at the e-learning thing, oops!!! It will be fine, hehe! :ok:

josea
10th Mar 2007, 14:50
Hey jill, congratulations too!!!

Thank you for your advise, that does sound like a good idea, because i dont want 2 be signing a 6 month contract and find out that i need to live nearer to heathrow. Im bit scared of moving to london its quite alot bigger than im used to, but im sure i will survive haha!

Does anybody know what you have to wear on the 6 week training days? Do you wear the uniform? or will we just have to wear smart clothes?

jo x

L-EO
10th Mar 2007, 15:03
hey josea! you have to wear smart clothes at the start of the training until they issue the uniforms out to everyone!

Virgin_girlie
10th Mar 2007, 15:57
Oh god me too Jo, I'm from all the way up in Glasgow, so it's quite far, it's scary hehe! :p No doubt I'll get lost at some point, lol! But I'll be staying in a lovely suburb like I live in now, so already it felt like a home from home when I visited the other day. I'm sure most people are in the same boat, so don't worry :O

There are plenty of places available for rent on a temporary basis around the Gatwick area, so you'll have no problem finding somewhere!

From what I saw at the Base, everyone was just kind of smart/casual. They were wearing jeans etc so I assume like L-EO says that we just have to look relatively smart, and always perfectly "groomed" obviously. Really hoping I don't judge it wrong lol, would be awful walking into the room in something totally inappropriate!! :eek:

Jill x

VIR001
10th Mar 2007, 17:20
Hi all,

Jst found out I have got to go to assesment on the 29th March at Concorde House, jst wondering if any1else was going on that day?

VIR001

josea
11th Mar 2007, 15:53
Glasgow is quite a way to come ye, but you will settle in no problem im sure. :)

Ive just been onto the gatwick crew accomodation website which is really good for anyone who wants somewhere to live whilst on the training. I have to give a deposit before they issue me with an address of somewhere, which is a bit worrying, but im sure it will be ok, seems very reputable.

Ive heard that you need to have a fixed telephone line for the airport to contact you at anytime, but what about internet connection? do we need to access any info there, as im not sure the place im staying will have a connection!

Im soooo excited bout getting all measured up for the uniform, will be fab!

jo x x

L-EO
11th Mar 2007, 18:08
hey virgin girlie! what training course are you on? im start on the 19th, and im moving up from ayr! not to far away from you! wb x

sign-it-to-your-room
12th Mar 2007, 01:07
Do as the others say and get somewhere in Crawley or near by (B&B). Once training has finished then find somewhere to rent with other crew or simply commute from home. Hotspots for renting, are joining the party scene in Brighton or London. Good Luck and no need to say "have fun", cos you most certainly will!:ok:

Virgin_girlie
12th Mar 2007, 12:34
Hi Jo,

We got told at the interview that a mobile phone contact number is permissible, so don't worry :ok: Apparently that Gatwick Crew website is good, so don't worry :O Another one is the flycomplacement website. You do need internet access, but I'm sure the lady who runs that website knows this, as she caters specifically for the needs of trainees. Phone her up to check - it should be fine!

I can't WAIT to move down!! :p

Hi L-EO, I'm on the course just after you, the 26th! :O So I'm sure I'll see you there at some point! :ok: Will be glad to see a fellow Scot, hehe :p I'd love to commute like the previous post suggests, but I'm thinking that until staff travel kicks in after 6 months, I'm not gonna be able to afford it. It's all confusing at the mo though, will wait and see when I'm down!!

Jill x

sign-it-to-your-room
12th Mar 2007, 12:50
Once you get up in the air, you will see that Virgin if full of Scots! You'll make loads of friends and they will give you loads of tips on the best way to commute. Your six months will fly by (I'm 13 years there and still loving it!), before you know it you will be back home in Scotland commuting for work, or you may just love us Southern Softies and want to stay.:ok:

L-EO
12th Mar 2007, 13:05
hey i got the e-learning stuff through, there is a cd and there is stuff that you do online, does anyone know if you need to learn the info from the cd then do the training online or do you do them seperately?

sorry its prob a stupid question but a cant work it out lol :)

johnezy
12th Mar 2007, 18:04
hi leo
I've done mine (too keen!) start with the cd rom then do the induction course and then the e learning, print off your certificates on the e learning. i think you need to learn the abbreviations (if you've flown before you'll know alot of them) also look at the phonetic alphabet and learn that. again if you've flown before or were in the scouts you should know that!! lol also there are proceedure for take off and landing and a portable equipment check list to learn. Its not to hard just takes a bit of time but i enjoyed it. It's got me all excited for next week now!!!

L-EO
12th Mar 2007, 18:08
thanks johnezy! you've made it easier for me, the info they sent through was a bit random didnt get what a was supposed to do first! a better make a start on it then! :)

bcf&gloves
13th Mar 2007, 17:54
Hey guys,

When did you get your stuff throught relating to the e-learning! I just want to get started now, and having the stuff to do on the internet would give me something to do! Waiting till the 26th seems like ages!

johnezy
13th Mar 2007, 23:23
hi, you should recieve your pre corse pack around a week before your course starts. Its very exciting when you get it and make a start on it! I think they wait so close before your date so it will be all fresh in your mind!

missworld21
14th Mar 2007, 15:22
Hey Guys,

was just wondering, would it be possible to commute from Scotland? i'm so keen to fly but have commitments here. Obviously for the 1st 6 months i'd have to move down but after that is it common for crew to commute? cheers! :)

bcf&gloves
14th Mar 2007, 15:38
Thanks Johnezy, I just have to find something to occupy my time for now!

As for living in Scotland really don't think that would be a problem as long as you make provision for your month of SBY.

Virgin_girlie
14th Mar 2007, 16:03
Sign-it-to-your-room,

Thanks so much for the words of reassurance, I really appreciate it! I'm really looking forward to moving down south, but I'm also desperate to get back home as soon as possible, so's my boyfriend! That's great that there's loads of Scots, can't wait to hear all their advice!!! :D

Thanks! :O

changes2007
14th Mar 2007, 16:18
Hi.

Been reading your post and just wanted to know what was different for the 1st 6 months?? I was wondering if you thought it was too much for you to commute from scotland at the start or have Virgin said you should be closer? I am 2.5hrs from Heathrow but if I goy lucky with virgin would want to commute from the start??

Virgin_girlie
15th Mar 2007, 12:27
Hi Changes,

We're all mentioning the first 6 months because that's the probationary period, and you don't get any staff travel benefits in that time. So commuting would probably be even more expensive than the cost of renting down there.

I'm not too sure on the whole thing though, if I get down there and realise it's about the same cost, then I may just commute from the start. But I've never been cabin crew before and I kind of want to find my feet down there before I start commuting up and down the country, bit scary!!

Virgin didn't specify a distance within which we had to live, so it's not a problem to commute in their opinion. But as somebody has already said, if you're on your month of standby with Virgin, you need to be able to get to the airport within 2 hours I think. So even if I was up in Scotland by then, I'd have to move back down for 4 weeks.

:O
Jill x

loopeylisa
15th Mar 2007, 21:57
Hi all,

First assesement day/intrview on the 26th of March... any one else attending this date ?? soo nervous, like what if i cant find the place or turn up late - arrghhhh!!!

anyone give me any tips on what to expect or what they're looking for? (sorry i bet everyone asks the same questions)

thanks guys xxx lisa

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 22:03
Hey guys, its a VERY nervous Rob here. I have my Cabin Crew Assessment Day on the 23rd of Match, anyone else got it then? And what do we wear? Smart-Casual or just Smart? And the maths test? It aint hard is it?
WOOO! I feel like im waiting for my A-Level results over again, which was bad enough the first time!
Post Back!
x

bcf&gloves
15th Mar 2007, 22:11
Hi Lisa
Congratulations on getting an interview, as they explain on the day it's and achievement to get that far!
If you get to the south terminal and go over to the virgin check in area right at the end on your right as you look at the bank of desks you'll see some doors and above it will say To Concorde House, go through and down the stairs and concorde house is opposite.
As for the day it's very straight forward really, firstly they will measure you to make sure your over 5'2. Then you will introduce yourself, then have read to the group some info off a laminated card. One group exercise, then the maths and english test's. After all that is the 2:1 interview. But I would say that throughout the day the recruiters make you feel very relaxed and comfortable and make it fun!
As for what Virgin are looking for, that really is the million dollar question! Just be yourself and enjoy the day, that's what seems to work!

bcf&gloves
15th Mar 2007, 22:19
Hi Robsta

I would go for smart, everyone is normally in shirt and tie, or skirt and blouse depends on you preference ;)

As for the maths test it dead easy, about 9 questions all basic addition or subtraction, you are timed and have 9 minutes to complete it!

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 22:24
Haha, thanx alot! I need to be reassured! I feel pretty confident at the moment but I still have plenty of time left to get nervous, but I'm human, I cant help that! If i get this, it will be only my second job, that how what I think to make myself feel better!
x

bcf&gloves
15th Mar 2007, 22:29
I'm sure you'll be fine! Just be yourself, smile and talk to everyone! My advice would be say hello to everyone, as I bumped into someone in a virgin uniform and had a chat, who turned out to be one of the recruiters!

Good luck on the day!! When is it?

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 22:38
Its on the 23rd March, 9.30-2.00 at Concorde House! And yeah, I'll try and win them over with my good looks and my witty charm! hehe. I have a lip ring too, so thats deffo gotta go! x

bcf&gloves
15th Mar 2007, 22:43
Yeah you'll definately have to lose the lip ring!

I had my interview at concorde house, it's really easy to find, and have to say going into the crewroom really gives you a sense of I want this!

Good luck for the 23rd, and keep us posted on how you get on! If I can offer any help just PM me or something!

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 22:48
haha, yeah. I guess I have placed too much on this interview, I like my current job, but everyone is planning on moving on, so OBVIOUSLY I'm trying to go one better, by scooting around the world!
But as long as I have friends to fall back on, my qualifictation, my iPod and my mobile, life is sorted! hehe.
So? u been accepted? or still waiting to hear?

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 22:55
Thanx alot. I got my head straight now, I reckon I just needed a chat with someone who actually knows what they are on about, my friends are just confusing me, or sending vids of planes crashing (FUN!).
And thanx, I will
xxx

ex cabin crew
15th Mar 2007, 23:05
Hi Rob - I have the same day and time too so will hopefully see you there! Can't believe I have got an assessment with Virgin but I have so will do my best!

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 23:10
hey Ex Cabin Crew! GREAT news! Im dead nervous tho, how many ppl will be at the assessment? Hopefully, with a bit of luck, we can pull it off! x

ex cabin crew
15th Mar 2007, 23:14
I am sure we will be fine - I had an assessment for BA this week and was nervous before but chilled out in the end and enjoyed the experience so I am certain from what I have read on here the same will apply at Virgin! The worst part is waiting to hear the outcome but apparantly Virgin let you know quite quickly - that will help!

Robsta1987
15th Mar 2007, 23:16
i know! I'm sure my CV must have been good, because this will be my second job, and I've only worked since November! So I'll try and use the same magic as before. And BA, thats cool, Virgin's ARCH-RIVAL! naughty naughty.

bcf&gloves
16th Mar 2007, 13:09
Hi Robsta and Ex Cabin Crew

Good luck on your interview days, they try and make you as relaxed as possile!

I found out in 24 hours of my interview, just waiting to start my training course on the 26th March!

I've just left a BA franchise partner to go to Virgin :)

loopeylisa
16th Mar 2007, 14:38
Hi bcf&gloves!

Thanks for the reply..

So the reading out loud bit, just making sure you speak clearly, talk and look at the group etc ?

ohh, so i actually have to go into the terminal and their check in bit do i?? i thought concorde house was like on gatwick site but a building outside or somethin??

was there a lot of people in your group?

any1 at all got their interview on the 26th ???:O

janetplum
16th Mar 2007, 16:05
Hi guys

I'm due to start with VS on 26th March. I haven't received any pre-course information or the passwords for the e-learning. Is anyone else in the same position or have people been receiving this already?

Cheers

JP:)

bcf&gloves
16th Mar 2007, 16:59
Hi Janet,

I start on the same date, and not received anything yet with passwords etc.

Should recieve them in the next few days!

Look forward to meeting you on 26th!

janetplum
16th Mar 2007, 17:07
crikey sounds like this course is gonna be huuuuuuuuuge:}

bcf&gloves
16th Mar 2007, 17:11
Hi Lisa

The reading is a piece of cake, and like you said remember to think about your pace, pictch and tone!

You may not have to go into the terminal but I parked in the short stay car park as I had to drive down from Birmingham.

There where only 8 of us on the day, but I think that have upto 12, so not to many!

If you need to know anything else let me know and i will try to help!

Ian

ex cabin crew
16th Mar 2007, 17:41
Hi Has anyone got a number to contact Virgin recruitment or an email address as I now need to cancel my assessment day?

Many thanks

Virgin_girlie
16th Mar 2007, 17:51
Hi JP,

Congratulations! :O Good to have you with us...you're right, sounds like there are tons of us!! None of us have had anything through for the e-learning, so don't worry :ok: See ya down there!

Jill x

ChrissyB
17th Mar 2007, 17:10
CONGRATS JP!!!!

Im also on the course on the 26th (course 605, cos there are two course 605/606). Iv only just got my course material through the post so dont worry, It'll come!

Cant wait to meet you guys and gals on 605! xxxxxxxxxxxxx:8

stanleystan
17th Mar 2007, 17:49
I'm on 605 too!!

janetplum
17th Mar 2007, 22:48
Yay got my course stuff this morning

I'm on 605

JP

EKBird
17th Mar 2007, 23:39
You'll all be happy to hear I'm on 605 too, hee hee hee :E

johnezy
18th Mar 2007, 01:05
hi good luck to all of you on 605!
it helps if you try and do the pre course stuff in order, they don't tell you the order so have a read of the cd rom first then do the induction and finally attck the pre course e learning! i really enjoyed all mine it's really got me excited i'm on 603 so i will look forward to seeing you all there! anyone on my corse see ya on Monday!!:D

Jenn
18th Mar 2007, 15:59
Hi Guys,

I got my elearning through now too - im a 605 yay!!

See u all in a week!!

Jenn

Virgin_girlie
18th Mar 2007, 16:48
I haven't had my e-learning pack through, but everyone else has!!! Should I be panicking??? I start on the 26th, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, should I contact Virgin? Arrghhh!!! :uhoh:

Jill x

bcf&gloves
18th Mar 2007, 19:11
Hey Virgin-girlie,

I haven't received mine yet either! Perhaps that means we are 606?! Who know's!!

Think I'll wait till tuesday and if I still not received anything will call them!

Jenn
18th Mar 2007, 19:25
Hi Guys,

I wouldnt worry just yet - mine only came sat morning!!

I think i read on here somewhere that they may send them out alphabetically (apologises for the spelling!) but that could be one of those little rumours - i am a "D" though so who knows!!

It all looks v'exciting however my hangover is preventing me from doing anything at present!!

Jenn x

Virgin_girlie
18th Mar 2007, 20:31
Hi Ian -

Hehe I'm on the other site too (cabincrew.com), so I'm relieved to have someone in the same boat! :) Definitely think Tuesday should be the latest to leave it.

Hiya Jenn! :p If it's alphabetical, that could make sense, cos I'm a "T" :ok: so hopefully that means I shouldn't worry! Otherwise Ian you could be right - maybe we are in 606!

I really must learn to be more patient, haha. :}

Jill x

bcf&gloves
19th Mar 2007, 10:51
Well if they are doing it in alphabetical order i'm a "C" so ooops!

Oh well patience is a virtue! LOL

Princessjalee
19th Mar 2007, 11:15
Hey guys! Been a while since ive been on here! Hope ur all fab! Looks like you are all on course 605 - this makes me upset as im a 606! Is anyone else? Oh and also, i have a macbook and am having a little bit of trouble with the e-learning pages - i dont get a scroll bar :bored: anyone else having the same issue? Dont know what im going to do if its not going to work on my mac :*

Ahhh im getting all panicky that im forgetting to do stuff! lol x

Virgin_girlie
19th Mar 2007, 11:44
606 here! I didn't get a CD-ROM cos they're short on them, so I got a manual instead, which is quite cool actually, I hate studying from CD's!!! :} Ahhh so much to do in the next 5 days, arghh!! :uhoh:

Jill x

kimmm
19th Mar 2007, 15:41
I have got an interview with virgin on the 17th of april! so excited but real nervous too!!!!Anyone else got an interview on this day?

loopeylisa
20th Mar 2007, 19:03
Anyone at all got their interview on March 26th ??? anyone at all???

bcf&gloves
20th Mar 2007, 20:21
Hi Lisa,

Looks like your on your own! Should make the group exercise interesting LOL!

I am sure there will be a few more poeple on the day with you! Have you logged onto cabincrew.com there may be some people on there!

loopeylisa
21st Mar 2007, 15:52
Hiya bcf&gloves!!

Thanks for the cabincrew.com tip, I still cant find anyone thow lol.. i hope it is just me to be honest no competetion lol

Oh - I found a question by 'goldtap' on cabincrew.com saying she got asked
'what does the virgin brand mean and what is it' ? or something !

Eeeek !! Im not really sure I understand that question could you help me at all?

Thanks hun xx

EKBird
21st Mar 2007, 17:47
Hey loopeylisa,

The name "Virgin" is the brand, i.e Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Media, Virgin Cola, Virgin Megastores etc...

Hope this helps,

Pam XXX

loopeylisa
21st Mar 2007, 18:06
Hi thanks Pam !!

Thats cool thought it would something a bit more complex than that lol !

Do u work for virgin or have an interview coming up or anything?

bcf&gloves
21st Mar 2007, 19:10
Hi Lisa

As EK has said the brand is Virgin. However I think they want to know what you think of virgin. They asked me a similar question, and I just explained what I thought of Virgin, such as innovative, fun etc. If you look on the website there are a lot of pointers you could use too!

If you need anything else let me know!

Ian

EKBird
21st Mar 2007, 20:05
Hey Lisa,

I start training with them next Monday, 26th. Like bcf&gloves said, just do your homework and read over their website. Everything they are looking for is on there. Oh, and have some great examples of customer service experience too :ok: .

Pam XXX

Melons
21st Mar 2007, 21:09
Hey everyone

Hope your all having loads of luck with the interviews and training

To Lisa

Hello chic your not alone, i'm joining you on March the 26th and I'm absolutly nervous as hell i'm excited but want this job so bad!!

Totally agree worried about not being able to find it, being late, that god dam maths test.... thought about going down before but then decided i was being a tad neurotic!

How are you?

Mel xx

bcf&gloves
21st Mar 2007, 22:21
Hey guy's

Just wanted to say don't stress about the maths test is really is easy, all simple addition and subtraction. There are only 9 questions and you get 9 mins to complete the test! Trust me it really is easy!

Concorde House is really easy to find, if you get really lost to go to the South Terminal, head over to the Virgin check-in area, and you will see a sign saying Concorde House, go through the doors and down the stairs and Concorde House is in front of you. As you go into the building there is a coffee shop on your right, use the lifts just passed the coffee shop, think it's either the 2nd or 3rd floor!

Good luck I am sure you will be fine, keep us posted!

BCF

PS I think I'm experiencing the same feelings as you guys, as I start my training on the same day!

loopeylisa
22nd Mar 2007, 11:22
Mel !!!

YES!! Someone else ! haha, thought I was going alone then

Why dont u stay night before? I am! wanna be fresh etc for the morning.. Im staying at the Travel Lodge.. it was £26 !

We should meet up before the interview if u like? two heads are better than one finding this place lol... x

loopeylisa
22nd Mar 2007, 11:27
Thanks Ian you've been a gem so far ;-)

I will def be researching their site too... arrghh I need more time to prepare ! lol

I know Im going to go bright red the whole time as ill be so nervous - ha - least ill match virgin colours !

But I guess what's meant to be will be at the end of the day....x

Melons
22nd Mar 2007, 12:28
Hey Lisa!!!

Ahhh I'm well happy that your going as well, I'd love to hook up before
and if we can have a cuppa and get ourself chilled and ready to face anything!

Brilliant!

i'll mail you or mail me in a bit so we can swap details and chat a bit
thats a right bargain £26 for a room, i'll look into it, its not too much of a panic as I live in London but still... could save getting up at 5!

yes!! speak soon
xx

Melons
22nd Mar 2007, 12:37
Hello

BCF thanks for the directions and advise on the maths test...
thats cool
Congratulations on getting the job, you must be so excited soon you'll be
jetting off everywhere!!

I love this site its really good to hear people getting the jobs it shows that its possible, i had an interview with Virgin last year and unfortunatly i didn't get it so really trying hard this time!!

Does it help if you have Cabin crew experience? - i don't but was wondering if many of you guys do?

xxx

loopeylisa
22nd Mar 2007, 14:13
I sent u an email Mel, but no idea if it sent...it didnt say! :-(

TightSlot
22nd Mar 2007, 14:32
Please think carefully before posting - this thread exists in order for you to share information about Virgin recruitment. It does not exist for any of the following:

Invitations to meet for drinks/tea/dinner etc.
Public posting of private messages
Posts telling each other that you have sent each other private messages
Posts telling everybody that you are nervous
Posts telling everybody that you are not nervous
Posts wishing each other good luck
Anything, in fact, that isn't directly related to Virgin recruitmentIf you wish to burn up somebody else's bandwidth with what amounts to text message material, may we suggest www.cabincrew.com (http://www.cabincrew.com) where they seem to encourage gushy and emotional stuff more than we do.

Many thanks

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 12:09
Hi Ian, congratulatiions on getting Virgin. Not sure if your the same Ian Im thinking of, but I do know of one starting on the 26th March with Virgin. Did you start the BA franchise on the 22/05/06? If so I was on your course.

Ciao

Dreamskies
23rd Mar 2007, 12:46
I have tried to apply for Virgin sine last year and keep getting rejected:* Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong. Is it to do with their application questions coz I took ages trying to make it look good!!!! Am sooooo tired of applying again and again!!!!!!!!!!But would love to join the 'Virgin' group one day.

Dreamskies
23rd Mar 2007, 12:58
I am quiet new. I have applied almost 3 times and keep getting the same reply. In fact, I sent an email asking why my application was rejected. Still waiting for an answer. I think I did fairly alrite in the Virgin flair-Customer Service experience questions. This is eating my head up!!! Any suggestions for me

bcf&gloves
25th Mar 2007, 12:51
Have you tried applying online?

I'm not sure why you keep getting the same response? On your previous applications have you changed your examples to your questions?

On the online application the question is very clear, and even gives you pointers to how you should structure your response.

Give it a go, and good luck!

Dreamskies
25th Mar 2007, 18:52
I have tried to apply online and yes I have changed the answers to their application questions. Ahhhhhh!!!! I already work in an airline as ground staff and thought to myself of moving to a bigger and better company. So I applied for Virgin Customer Services- got rejected on that. Then the thought of becoming Cabin Crew applied to me and so I applied!!!!!But..... but rejected again.

What are they looking for?????I have completely and truely expressed my best customer experiences. Are they looking for someone who is kind, loving to kids or mummies with prams?????????? I will try again but have to wait for another 6months and its eating my head up now-just thinking why, what, when, how and all that........:mad:

loopeylisa
26th Mar 2007, 19:55
wooo !

I got the job! found out the same day too via email.

Thanks everyone for their help, especially Ian..

Let the fun begin !! start on 8th May xxx

Mand*
27th Mar 2007, 11:06
Hey does anyone start there training on the 8th May with me??! Also does anyone know of anywhere 2 stay up in Gatwick for the training? Would love it 2 b with other crew as from previous experience training can get quite lonely if ur living on your own!! Theres nothing like doing homework 2gether!! :) xxx

loopeylisa
28th Mar 2007, 09:11
Hi all,

Anyone got any good websites etc of short term places to stay at Gatwick for my training course that dont cost the earth!?? Im looking to stay for 4 nights a week so want to be paying daily really rather than monthly ! Ive seen some website who offer 'cheap rooms' but they're asking £500 per month !! thats not cheap to me ! lol

Any suggestions would be wonderful xx:ugh:

bluefreedom
28th Mar 2007, 11:46
Hi,

I have an interview for the IFBT position and I am looking for some help. Does anyone have any tips or info ?

Is the beauty task the in-seat massage?

Many Thanks : ) x x :)

glamourgirl!
28th Mar 2007, 15:36
hello

treatments offered onboard are...
hothands, hands own therapy, back in the clouds and basic manicure the therapists are referred to as IFBT and have there own part of a/c , they only operate on LHR routes and are fully trained in s.e.p just like crew! training course is about 10 weeks I believe!

Hope this helps good luck x

I Just Want To Fly
28th Mar 2007, 21:33
there is a website called www.gatwickcrewaccommodation.com they are a bit of a rip off, but good as a last resort if you can't find anything else. All the houses are with older single ladies. Perfect for quiet nights studying. A girl I flew with on a recent flight, commutes from Glasgow, and she said she stays at a hotel in LGW, which is only £15 per night. I think she said Travelodge, but I'm not sure. You might need to call them and ask them for an industry rate, ie tell them you work for Virgin.

loopeylisa
28th Mar 2007, 21:41
Hi I just want to fly !

Thanks for your advice, yea Ive seen that site.. such a rip off, do they think we're all secret barristers or something at the weekends earning the sort of money they charge ! ha

Really? Travelodge? Ill look into that as £15 a night is exactly what im after.. I stayed there for my interview.. you'd think virgin would let us know about these rates.. ill give them a call tomorrow

Thanks again for help xx

VIR001
30th Mar 2007, 20:57
Hi all,

Jst wondered if any1 else had heard back yet? I heared the same day I got it!! Jst wondereing if any others frm the interview had heard??

Scott :O

loopeylisa
30th Mar 2007, 21:23
ARRGHHHH !!

Am trying to connect to www.vaa-crewtraining.co.uk (http://www.vaa-crewtraining.co.uk) and ive tried 3 different PC'S and keeps saying page cannot be displayed!!I need to get on this for my SEP trainging but it wont bloody open !!

can anyone help or is anyone having the same problem ???

bcf&gloves
30th Mar 2007, 22:07
CONGRATULATIONS!! Lisa!

I had a few problems opening the e-learning, but that was because I was using Firefox, when I used explorer it was fine!

Not on here much at the mo, but been busy with training!

loopeylisa
30th Mar 2007, 22:21
Thanks Ian !

Nope, def dont have firefox ?? def internet exploye?? eeeeeeek!!!

Hows the training going ?
x

VIR001
30th Mar 2007, 23:37
Hi lisa

Congrats on Job! I am in a simular position, I start on the 14th May and need to look over the SEP lit, I only had my interview on the 29th Mar, when will I know what course im on? and receive passwords etc

Thanks

;)

bcf&gloves
31st Mar 2007, 09:07
Hi Lisa

So far so good, but mostly easy stuff in the first week! Got loads to read this weekend ready for the start of AvMed, but everyone is has been really nice.

Will keep you posted on my progress!

Don't know what else to suggest with regard to the problems your having trying to log on to the training website. But I did have problems logging on a few times, but I put it down the the VAA server being down! LOL

They seem to have changed the way they advise people about the e-learning as we only got told our password etc the week before the course!

Ian

rubyrocks118
31st Mar 2007, 10:34
Hey Lisa,

I'm having problems too trying to get on the vaa crew training site, i have only been able to access it late at night say about 11pm and mid morning on a week day, i think where so many people are trying to access it. it is going into overload and just can't cope:eek:

You are lucky you got your e-learning stuff through quite quickly, i start on 10th April and got mine on tuesday. so as you can imagine i have been trying to log onto the crew training site and only managed twice!!!!!!!! and today is saturday. i have have just been studying the training manual i was given and learning that for now.

I know how your feeling hun xx :)

loopeylisa
31st Mar 2007, 11:00
No I havent recieved my pass word or anything !

Its just the link doesnt work ? I try it all the time and everytime it just says page cannot displayed !!! soooo annoying !! is that what was happening to you? so u just kept clicking on it all the time til it worked?

rubyrocks118
31st Mar 2007, 11:31
No, I just kept trying different times of the day, and realised that at night say after 10.30 you can log on, but i really don't want to be doing my e-learning so late at night, where i have been revising so much other stuff throughout the day and at the same time trying to log on. i'm way too tired to do it so late. and trust me lisa there is so much to learn, especially from the Manual i got. you may get a CD instead. i got a manual which is better, as i have photocopied it and written all over my copy with lots of notes.

If i can't get on it anytime this weekend i'm going to phone them. as i have only got just over a week before i start!!!!!!:{

EKBird
31st Mar 2007, 13:29
Hey loopeylisa,

The site can be quite difficult to get onto at certain times, you just have to keep trying. HOWEVER, if you have not received your password yet and you do your e-learning, it will not register with VS and you will have to do it all over again. When you get your password etc through from them, there is a phone number that you can call if you are having any problems with the site. I called a couple of times and they are very helpful.

Bcf&gloves, why are you looking forward to Avmed so much? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........:E

loopeylisa
31st Mar 2007, 13:36
Hey thanks EK!

Ill just hold fire then and wait for my e-learning?

Just need to figure out somwhere to stay now... where r u staying whilst training or are you commuting?x

EKBird
31st Mar 2007, 14:05
No worries loopeylisa. I am staying in a gorgeous little village just next to Gatwick called Charlwood. I booked it through www.flycomplacement.co.uk . They were the cheapest I could find @ 595.00 for 6 weeks training. Go on the website and request a quote, Paul will get back to you ASAP.

Pam XXX

bcf&gloves
1st Apr 2007, 12:38
Because I am really eager to get it out of the way EKBird LOL!!

You know perfectly well why I'm looking forward to it! Mmmmm

kismetbird
2nd Apr 2007, 10:44
Can any of you help?
I wear contact lenses. I know that's OK. But I wondered if there was any minimum requirement for uncorrected vision - I know there is in the police force. Not that I want to join the poliice force!
If anyone knows, I'd be grateful.

lucie22
2nd Apr 2007, 19:35
Hello, just wanted to say hi, i start my training on the 8th May aswell:)
Have you found anywhere to stay yet ? xxx

loopeylisa
2nd Apr 2007, 19:53
Hi Lucie.. wooo

Umm, looking at www.flycomplacement.co.uk (http://www.flycomplacement.co.uk)... think they're gonna sort me out.. £595 for 6 weeks.. where u coming from ?

r u excited?

vickchik
4th Apr 2007, 21:35
hi!

i am having massive probs getting on to the crew training too!!.. tried my work and home computer but wont work... i start my training on the 10th april!!! eek!! help!!!:confused:

loopeylisa
4th Apr 2007, 22:20
Hi ya

I can get on it now ! but my course isnt on there yet as its in may... sods law it wont work when i need it! think u should def ring them hun x

vickchik
4th Apr 2007, 22:25
yeah...
think i will defo do that in the morning!.....talk about leaving it til the last minute!!!... did you ring them or did it just eventually work?

vickchik
4th Apr 2007, 22:41
ps thanks loopeylisa!... going to give up for tonight and give them a call inthe morning!... fingers crossed!!!!x

rubyrocks118
5th Apr 2007, 16:50
Hi Vickchik,

I'm on your course too:) When i got my e-learning stuff through last week i spend the most of that week actually trying to get on the crew training system it was an absolute nightmare.:eek: i have managed to get on it everyday this week though and just have 2 modules left to do. I phoned the e-learning trainers and they told me that, if no one calls them to tell them the site is down then they cannot sort out the problem, so give them a call they are very helpful people. Good luck with your e-learning there is soooooooo much to take in :uhoh:. And i looked forward to meeting at the VIP day on the 10th.

Take Care

Lisa xx

vickchik
6th Apr 2007, 07:37
hi lisa,

i called them yesterday morning, the guy was really nice and very helpful...sods law when i signed on whilst he was on the phone i got in first time!!!..going to try again now... fingers crossed!
really looking forward to tuesday! see you there!

vicki xx

VIR001
12th Apr 2007, 09:33
Hi all,

jst wondering if any1 starts on the 14th May???

Fly_by_night
12th Apr 2007, 22:07
Hello,
I'm starting the 14th May, which group were you in at the interview, the larger or smaller one. I was in the smaller one where 2 people got axed in the morning.

Fly_by_night
12th Apr 2007, 22:20
has anybody booked a place at http://www.flycomplacement.co.uk.

It seems a pretty fare rate, is it fixed or does it depend on the type of accommodation. I suppose I better ring them and find out.
Is anybody else looking at this, that's starting on the 14th May?
I'm going to be coming down from Scotland

VirginHopeful07
17th Apr 2007, 07:34
Hi All,

I just sent in my application to be Virgin cabin crew and I have never been so excited! I know it's early days but I just wanted to see if someone could answer a few questions for me:

1) How long after you apply do you usually hear back if you have been invited for an assessment day?

2) How long after the interview (if you are successful) do you usually get on a training course?

3) What happens on the assessment day and the interview?

4) What if you have had holiday booked - will Virgin honour it?

Thanks guys - hope those of you who are on your course are having a great time!!!!! :)

x

VIR001
18th Apr 2007, 09:42
Hi Virginhopeful07,

These are based on my personal experience:

1) I heard about a week after my application was submitted that i had to attend an interview day, it can vary depending on how many applicants there is going to be.

2) I heared within half an hour of completeing my interview that I had been successful, but again it can vary up to 7-10 days.

3) On my assessment day I had to undergo various group tasks, team building exercises to see how you interacted with other ppl then a 2 to 1 interview of which they ask about ur past and what u can bring to the new role etc.

4) This is a common problem, I think it really comes dwn to you to decide wether u wud rather go on holiday than disrupt ur training or work pattern. at the end of the day, if ur successful, ur life will b one big holiday!!!!, but in answer tom ur question im sure they can work something out.

I hope this helps and best of luck

Scott

VirginHopeful07
18th Apr 2007, 10:47
Thanks Scott - that was really useful!

I have heard that Virgin are being really quick about coming back and recruiting BIG TIME since they are opening new routes (Chicago next week!) - it's only day two and I am already on pins and needles hoping I get an invite to an assessment day! (How rubbish am I?!?!)

How long have you been flying for VA or are you in the middle of your course now?

xxx

VIR001
18th Apr 2007, 16:48
Ha i know how u feel, I myself am doing the job ideally to make my to the flight deck! Thats a different story:confused: .

I am due to start on the 14th May but the reason i responded is because asked the exact sam questions!! Yeah i think u are right in saying there is a big recruitment drive all the better 4u a!!

anyway best of luck im sure you'll do well let me know if i can help anymore.

Scott :ok:

Wulfy
18th Apr 2007, 21:01
On their career site ( http://gs19.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_virgin01.asp?s=TirTqWByLjAMrOoAjg&jobid=33884,4661986182&key=5225542&c=616534348356&pagestamp=seuwnnnoklkefmahdb ) Virgin claims that the Basic Salary is £10,185 , anybody knows if that is after taxes ? And with/without flight pay ?

Tea or coffee sir
19th Apr 2007, 09:54
£10,185 is your basic annual salary before tax. On top of that you get the sector pay, allowances paid in local currency downroute, crew down payments and commission. The crew share 10% of the onboard sales, but divide that by 16-18 crew, and you get maybe a pound or two per flight, so don't rely on that! Everything except the allowances paid downroute is taxed in full.

ruthietwos
19th Apr 2007, 12:52
Hi Guys!

I sent my application away on Monday afternoon, and I got an email this morning inviteing me to an interview on the 2nd may - but its in the uk and i'm in ireland! :( doh!

going to have to see if i can afford to go over ugh grim - but i'm sure it would all be worth it if i got it!

All this applying to different airlines is going to cost me major moola!

grrr.. wish i had a sugar daddy :*

IRISHEMIRATE
20th Apr 2007, 12:46
Hi Guys,
Ive just got an assessment day with Virgin soon and just wondering if someone could give me an overview of the day. they said I have to do group discussions......anyone got any examples of they had to do. Also have to do maths and verbal testing..........any advice on these, followed by an interview. Jst wondering if anyone can provide me with some sample questions that they are going to ask, Ive checked through the forum and spotted a few..

flying-again
20th Apr 2007, 14:11
Has anyone got an assessment day on the 3rd May?????

pebbles4308
24th Apr 2007, 09:47
Hi everyone

I just recieved a email offering me the job !!

Im so excited, i attended the 20th april interview

Any body else recieved a offer yet??

els_123
24th Apr 2007, 16:06
Hey, I got one too, starting on the 18th june, yay:) sooo happy! does anyone else start then? also where does everyone stay for the course? ive found a few places (shortstay.co.uk and flycomlacement.com) anyone know what these are like??

I Just Want To Fly
24th Apr 2007, 20:47
Congrats on getting interviews everyone!

ruthietwos: Of course the interviews are in the UK. We are a UK airline.:cool: if you really want the job you'll find a way, and do whatever it takes

pebbles: Good luck, study hard, it's just 6 weeks out of your life, so clear the diary, and get stuck in! Look forward to seeing you out on line

laurena7
24th Apr 2007, 22:19
Hey guys! I had my assessment day on the 20th too pebbles, wonder if i met you!? There was so many people there. I got a email this morning saying i had the job! Im so happy! :-D

emsie
25th Apr 2007, 14:18
hi to everyone that went in the morning of the 20th april! i found out on monday by telephone that i had the job. could not believe it. still cant!

well done to everyone else cant wait to see some familiar faces on the training. long wait till june now isnt it!

has anyone got to find somewhere to stay for the six weeks? or got any ideas of places?

also how does the e-learning start?

Good luck to everyone!:D

boyoneder
26th Apr 2007, 11:32
Hi does anyone know if Virgin are recruiting at the moment as I cant see anything on there website!?

Many thanks for your help.

laurena7
26th Apr 2007, 11:57
Hey, have a look here on the careers website- http://gs19.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_virgin01.asp?newms=hm

You can search for jobs x

emsie
26th Apr 2007, 12:37
i'd apply anyway im sure they said that it was an ongoing thing at the min because of the new routes. at least if you apply then your application is there for them when there is an opening. no harm in it. good luck!

Capricorn1
26th Apr 2007, 12:55
Hi Boyoneder
Virgin are recruiting at the moment, if you look in "careers" on their website you will see that they are looking for cabin crew, I think its an ongoing campaign. Good luck if you apply.

boyoneder
26th Apr 2007, 14:46
Thanks, I will.

767alltheway
26th Apr 2007, 14:49
Hi, I applied over the weekend and still havent heard anything back, i have friends who applied last month and they heard they had interviews the next day or same day..

does this mean I havent got an interview? why such a long wait?

emsie
26th Apr 2007, 18:34
does anyone have the 29th may for their training?

Melons
27th Apr 2007, 09:02
hello 767

Don't worry I'm sure you'l get the interview, I've applied a few times and it always taken at least a week to hear back.
x

jesssurf
28th Apr 2007, 18:36
hi my names jessica and i attended the same interview on the 20th April and also got the job. which interview did you attend the morin or afternoon session?? What date are you starting?? im starting on the 4th june. as im from wales need advice on accomodation, anyone in the same boat???im totally clueless on what to expect lol Jessica x:p x

glorycat
28th Apr 2007, 18:52
Hi there i'm a newbe around here so please forgive me if i have posted the question on the wrong thread.

I have passed my 1st part of the interviewing stage to become a customer service agent at heathrow. My assessment day is 10.05.07. Has anyone been through this assessment for checkin staff? The lady i had my telephone interview with told me what to expect etc.. but i would like to speak to someone who has actually done and lived to tell the tale;) .

thanks

glorycat (aka Louise)

laurena7
1st May 2007, 19:55
Hey! Anyone start their training on 11th June?? :ok:

Virgin Boi
5th May 2007, 13:29
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Virgin (Atlantic) have stopped recruiting new cabin crew at the moment?

If so its a first for years!

I just looked at the website and I cant see a vacancy advertised anywhere!

Thanks!

changes2007
5th May 2007, 15:36
Hi Virginboi.

You made me panic as I'm waiting my 6 mnths to apply again (very soon). I found it straight away on line. Virgin atlantic.com, select careers, then show all jobs. Its still there, CC at the top.:ok:

birdy24
5th May 2007, 15:57
Hey I was wondering if anyone has an interview next wednesday, the 9th of May?

x

warwicks
5th May 2007, 16:57
Hi,

I have just submitted a new application (was sucessful 8 months ago but due to personal circumstances was unable to commence employment) and the process has changed a fair bit.

Does anybody have any idea of what the lead times are from submitting the application through to the next phase?

Last time it took about 2 weeks from posting my application to being invited to interview. Do you have to undergo a telephone interview first now or is it all still decided just on the form?

Also does anybody know if you are looked on unfavourably if you have had to turn down a postion? (I gave plently of notice and reasons at the time)

Any help would be great

VIR001
7th May 2007, 10:25
Hi Waricks,

Im jst about to begin my course on the 14th, and it took about a week/2weeks for virgin to offer me an interview date. Its all done on across the net now, although i have heard some ppl have had telephone interviews aswell?

Basic stuff really, group discussion and tasks are first, then a 2 to 1 interview covering your history, what you have been doing etc, and what you can bring to the job

Hope this helps and good luck :ok:

aliamos
7th May 2007, 18:56
Hi

Ive got an interview for an inflight beauty therapist, has anyone had one recently? just wondered what the trade test consists of and how difficult the A&P exam is? Very nervous!!:bored:

warwicks
8th May 2007, 20:36
Hey,

Got an e mail today offering me an interview on 24th May :) Only took 2 days from submitting which is alot quicker than last time.

Thanks for your reply VIR001 the interview sounds the same as last time but I still remember it being scary the first time so I am going to be getting nervous soon.

Is anyone else at interview on this day?

:)

Northern1982
17th May 2007, 06:42
Hi,

I agree that many people may have asked about this question already but with this thread being so big now I had difficultly finding a difinitive answer.

I have an interview with VS and need to know about the renumeration. I currently work for a charter airline on a mix of short and long haul so in my pay packet I receive about £1300 on average.

I know that your allowances at Virgin do not get paid into the bank but I would like to know if it is realistic to manage to keep some of these to make it into your bank account.

I know all about the basic and sector pay. I do have one other question though- is there only one pay rise as CC from the starting salary?I know on the contracts you get one after a year but not sure about after that.

Any help would be great and very much appreciated

pinkprincess
17th May 2007, 14:10
hi there, i also work for a charter airline out of MAN, ive only been flying a few months but my passion to work for virgin grows stronger everyday! ive been putting off applying as i didnt know how id commute down to london, and whether i could afford to etc...

I think virgin are in the process of reviewing their annual salary of cabin crew, so maybe the basic will go up (hopefully to over 11k)
however, ive discovered that u get 40% discount off virgin trains and also get id90 tickets after 6 months, so maybe i mite apply!

i would need at least £900 - £1000 in my bank each month as ive just bought a house and new car and have bills to pay £££££

just wondered if theres any virgin crew on here that live up north, Liverpool, Newcastle, Scotland etc, and could u tell me how u commute and the cost roughly each month

BaronBlue
17th May 2007, 20:54
:)Hi, got a friend who has a selection day coming up i know there is loads of info which she has already gathered but has been recently who can pm me cheers. particularly on the group stuff. interview questions.

sky82
18th May 2007, 16:28
Hey, anyone else with an interview on 31st May? PM me if you have :)

changes2007
20th May 2007, 10:18
It's time again to try again for Virgin, attempt no;2! Before I filled out the postal forms and now it's internet based. I am just confused about the lack of detail required compared to the old forms. That is, no education history dates just exams taken and grades. Also Work history, asking for some work history rather than all?? Again no dates asked for just company,duties,skills used and gained etc. Can I go wrong with this as I feel it's too simple? What have any of you done who have completed this recently?? Also they don't give a word/character max for the 3 questions.
Any hints out there much appreciated.:ok:

Bear132
20th May 2007, 22:23
Hi can anyone help?
I need to know if virgin are particularly 'fussy recruiters'! Basically i had an interview set up and i couldn't make it so they rearranged it, this then happened again another 2 times (but only due to flying commitments, going tech, unexpected nightstops etc). They were very helpful in rearranging but on the final time I couldn't make it due to a family crisis and i didn't let them know i couldn't attend.
I haven't been in contact since as i have been sorting out the above situation but wanted to re-appy. Do you think they would agree to see me again? I was thinking of writing a letter or even just re-applying again online.

Can anyone advise me?

Cheers

xx

macca111
22nd May 2007, 14:09
Hey just seen your thread you have your interview Thursday, goog luck I have my interview Friday really worried cant seem to find any information on the exam or trade test , although i have been informed it's not a easy test if you have'nt revised? have you had much luck with gathering any info?

macca111
22nd May 2007, 14:13
Hi, just thought i would let you know i also have an interview coming up as a inflight beauty therapist, when is your for? we can give each other a few tips?

aliamos
22nd May 2007, 19:37
Hi, I have an interview for IFBT too, next thurs. I heard the A&P exam is quite easy- level 2 stuff and its multiple choice but will definately still revise! Not sure about the trade test though, guess it'll be massage or manicure??

tuismile
24th May 2007, 12:27
anyone got and interview tomorrow for Main Crew??? am well excited!! :)

emsie
25th May 2007, 10:43
hi

does anyone start their training on the 29th?

have you had the info pack with all the work in it ive completed the e-learning and then looked at the disc and found more work plus some tests at the end do they all need to be revised and completed by the first day of training?

plus the flat 'training' shoes is this a particular pair or some some flat shoes that are practical?

anyone that can help would be much appreciated

getting very nervous about it now!

Landis
25th May 2007, 15:18
Hi does anyone else have an interview on 6 June?

L

I Just Want To Fly
25th May 2007, 19:34
Hi there,

Salaries are all going to depend on how much you fly, but my last three months salaries have been £990, $970, $865 (this was low because I had leave for 5 days, so only had three trips that month.

This is made up of the following:

Base Salary: £848
Flight Pay: £18.20 per sector
Commission: £1 - £4 per sector

Then you are taxed and pay union fees. So if you work on a figure of £900 then you'l pretty much always come out on top. Now this is what goes into your bank account.

Allowances are fairly good, here are some examples:

USA 1 Night Trips £70 - £130
USA 2 Nights £110 - £130
Tokyo 2 Nights £130
Dubai 1 Night £105
Jamaica 2 Nights £140, 5 nights £330
Barbados 1 Nights £100

Anyway, so basically the allowances are quite good. If you don't go shopping, you will save about half of your allowances, if you keep your spending in check. The allowances are based on eating all your meals through room service. Obviously you will not do that. Breakfast in the hotel is usually £5 - £15. That is the only meal always eat. I usually eat out for the rest of my meals, or if i'm in the carribean, then I eat by the pool, which is usually £10 - £15. You should never have to touch your bank account for day to day expenses. Just save your cash and change it when you get back. Travelex changes money without commission for crew.

I have compared this to salaries with BA LGW, Charters and Easyjet. Virgin comes out almost the same. Easyjet is always going to be higher. The salary at Easyjet is about 30% higher, but the girls in orange work about 60% harder, so I still think Virgin is better off. Plus you have the amazing Staff Travel Benefits. 7 Free flights a year!!! Plus all the interline agreements.

You don't do this job for the money. I would still do this if the salary was half what it is. And I have a mortgage to pay....

Good luck to everyone, hope to see you out online soon.

pinkprincess
26th May 2007, 12:13
I also have an interview 6th june at 9.30am, at The Base. Does anyone know how far The Base is from gatwick airport and if theres any buses that stop by it?

still unsure whether to attend interview, id be commuting from north west england :confused:

Tea or coffee sir
26th May 2007, 13:16
The number 10 bus goes from the airport and stops outside of The Base. It's at the back of the airport, near Concorde House, but it's moved through the tunnel and across the road now. I think it's £1.30 to £1.40 each way and takes about ten minutes. Good luck.

VSFLYER
26th May 2007, 17:09
Hi,
Virgin run their own small shuttle bus from outside Concorde House directly to the Base for staff or anyone visiting their offices. Just bring your letter indicating you have an interview. It is a small bus and runs approx. every 20 minutes and is FREE! It takes about 10 minutes to get there.
Best of luck to you.:)

titanicbee
26th May 2007, 17:51
Dying to hear from anyone else who was on the VA cabin crew assesment day on 23 May to find out how yas got on???

Tea or coffee sir
27th May 2007, 06:46
Oh yeah I forgot about the shuttle bus! What time does it start running though? I seem to recall I wanted to use it once, but I was there too early so had to catch the bus. Something sticks in my mind that it was after 8am. It would be great for returning to the airport afterwards though. The one time I did use it, it was a plain white van as it had been swapped at the last minute, so it wasn't obvious it was the Virgin shuttle bus. The number 10 probably stops at other places outside the front of the airport, but I just don't know where, sorry.

VSFLYER
27th May 2007, 08:41
For clarity, the Virgin bus is called Route 28 and it is a white van with a small Virgin sign in the window. It starts running from 0740am on a 20 minute loop stopping off at The Office first and then The Base at 0751 and then through to Concorde House again arriving 0800am. Hope it helps! The first few are quite busy though so plan ahead.

pinkprincess
27th May 2007, 11:25
does anyone know how long the interview lasts? it starts at 9.30am, i need to book my train home and dont know what time ill be finished!

SixStringzzz
28th May 2007, 09:45
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any ex EK crew working at VS? Or anyone who can offer me advice?

I served just on 3 years with EK but had to return home just before my contract was renewed as my Mum was critically ill and needed caring for. Everything is fine now and back to normal. I have grown much closer to my family and would like to stay and fly in the UK. One problem is that with being a full time carer I haven't been able to work in the last six months. Will this go against me? I am now looking for customer service work and hope to start soon.

Can anyone tell me if EK experience is looked upon favorably? I understand that I will need to meet all of the Virgin requirements. How does the interview/ training and job experience differ to EK?

What sort of living costs are expected with relocating to London? Is there a facility for crew to hook up and share accommodation? I assume that you are posted to either LHR or LGW and don't fly from both? How does this affect your roster?

Thank you very much in advance!

Scott

vodkaholic
28th May 2007, 14:57
Scott - you are most definitely contracted to fly from both LHR and LGW.

I don't think your time as a carer would matter, as long as you could get someone who isn't family to give you a reference to state why you weren't working and where you were etc.

I would also think that any airline experience is favoured...however, I have heard (on galley fm admittedly) that Virgin like 'Virgins' that they can mould to their way of thinking. But of course ex-flyers do get jobs with them, so can't be totally true lol!

Good luck!

Northern1982
28th May 2007, 15:47
Hi,

I had an interview with Virgin on 24th May and found out I had the position the following day. I found this forum as well as a couple of others a great help in answering questions. I have Copied what I have found on other forums and put it below. This is not a definitive list of questions at all but thought it may help a little :-)

How old do you have to be in order to be crew for Virgin?

To be crew with Virgin you need to be over 18

Are You just LGW based?

No, crew are based at LHR but also fly from LGW. MAN also became a permanent base in Jan 2007, but to get to MAN you have to complete your probation at LHR.

Where is the training held?

The training is conducted at The Base in Crawley - Virgin's own training centre

What do I need to do to apply?

You need to call Virgin Recruitment on 0870 190 4403 or go on the website at www.virgin-atlantic.com (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/)

Do you pay for your training?

No - You do not need to pay for any training

I live up North can I still apply?

Yes you can!

Do Crew commute with Virgin?

Yes they do! Virgin have crew who live all over the place including Europe and the States!

How does commuting work with Standby's?

It is now MONTHLY standby. You can try and get a flight through the Crew Service Centre before hand, but it is imperative that you are able to get to LHR/LGW/MAN within the call out time. (MAN is not on monthly standby at the moment)

How Many flights do you do a month???

This can vary, the average is between 3 and 7 dependant on hours

Do you fly with the same crew?

Not very often! Virgin have over 4500 crew so flying with the same each time is limited

Whats the pay like?

You get paid each month, on the 20th - into your bank account you will get between 800-1100 a month - this does not include your allowances from downroute that you may not have spent. Allowances can range between £70- £300 depending on the trip. People often say Virgin money is not very good due to the fact that people do not pay their allowances into the bank (like happens with most Charter airlines). Remember even doing 4 of the lowest paid trips you would still receive £280 allowances downroute tax free. That means on a bad month you would get around £1100. For the amount of hours that are completed compared to many of the charters it does seem a very reasonable wage.

What part of the aircraft do Cabin Crew work?

Cabin Crew work in Premium Economy and Economy Cabins

What aircraft do you get trained on?

You get trained on Boeing 747 and Airbus A340

Is it true Virgin look for a certain flare???

Virgin want to see the real you, and see how you interact with people and how you have fun!

Is it true you get assessed on every flight?

Yes - You get performance monitoring on every flight. This also is how promotions are worked out, although from Cabin Crew to Senior Cabin Crew, this is going to be incorporated into a new system of points although no-one actually knows the points you need! For CSS & FSM, you are invited from your performance (IE- SCC- CSS and CSS-FSM)

Is Virgin Seasonal?

No Virgin is Permanent - subject to a probation period

Where can I find out more information on Virgin?

You can find more information here Virgin (http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/allaboutus/index.jsp)

Do you need to be able to drive in order to work for Virgin?

No - but you do need to remember that you are responsible to ensure you can get to the airport in time!

How long are the trips?

Trips are anything from 1 night to 9 days away from base

Is it true that you only get MCO and JFK as a new starter??

No - you get a good mixture of destinations

What should I wear for my Interview??

You should wear smart business attire - not jeans!

What is the assessment day like??

The assessment day is great fun! It is nothing to worry about!

Is it true you have to sing??

Depends on the task that is assigned to you, or unless you just break out into random song!

I've heard there is a maths test is there??

Indeed there is, and an English test

I've had my interview and not heard anything what should I do??

Virgin will let you know the outcome of your interview within 7-14 day's. So do allow this before contacting them. Please remember that this is WORKING days and this is Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays)

nb- I and others that were at my interview heard within 24 hours

When do you get your staff travel benefits???

You get these after you have passed your probation (generally 6 months)

I want to be Manchester based can I?

Once you have passed your probation and depending on if there is availability at the MAN base.

Who is the person who wears the white uniform??

This is the IFBT (Inflight Beauty Therapist )

I've seen someone wearing a black blouse who is it??

This is the FSM (Flight Service Manager) The male FSM's wear a grey shirt

What do you have to do an the assessment day???

The day is structured, you have varies tasks, including a group discussion, introduce yourself and read a short paragraph of info. If successful you then have to complete the Maths and English test and then the 2-2-1 interview.

I've heard only a few people get offered a job with Virgin each day??

If you meet the criteria that Virgin look for on your assessment day, and in your interview then you will get offered a position, if no one meets it on that day then no one will get the job, they do not have a set number to interview or to offer jobs!

What are the trips like, are they like a holiday??

Each trip is differnt, some trips you may do lots and some you may just want to stay in your room, there is no pressure on doing anything!

I also have a couple of questions if somebody can help-

What is the dress code for training?
Can you park at the base for training?
Is anybody else starting the same time as me?
Are you able to contact the reference centre to check on the progress of your references?

Thanks for your help
;)

I Just Want To Fly
28th May 2007, 21:54
What is the dress code for training?
There are three dress codes during training. Business Attire, Smart Casual and Full Uniform. It depends on the day, and you will be advised what you need to wear on each day. On all Practical Days, you will be required to wear trainers, shoes that you would wear at the gym. If you do not have them, you are not able to complete the practical excercise, and therefore fail that day. Grooming standards are explained on the first day, and are expected to be 100% from day two.

Can you park at the base for training?

Yes. Heaps of parking available.

Are you able to contact the reference centre to check on the progress of your references?

VS uses a company called AIM to conduct it's referencing. You are able to and should contact them regularly to check on the progress of your references. I called them two weeks before I even started training.

Qaxpla
29th May 2007, 00:20
Well helllooo there! I just thought i'd say hey and let you guys know that I too have succumbed to the high side, the red side - the virgin side!! After working in clothing shops for the last 2 and a bit years I have decided that maybe there is more to the world than topshop and have given Virgin a good old online applicaiton haha.

I sent mine off on Thursday 24th May 07 and haven't heard anything yet (although to be fair, it's been a bank holiday weekend haha :}).

It's good to see loads of the pprune membersa re getting through though, seems to be a nice atmosphere about the place haha.

Northern1982
29th May 2007, 06:48
Thanks for that- I was going to wear shirt and trousers for the first day. Do you have to wear a tie as well? :)

VSFLYER
29th May 2007, 11:24
Your standard of dress counts a lot - making the effort demonstrates that you are focused on succeeding. As part of your uniform, you will wear a tie and waistcoat so give your interviewers an opportunity to see what you look like in smart attire. Give it your best shot and good luck to you;)

I Just Want To Fly
29th May 2007, 22:28
This goes for most airlines...

If the crew wear ties, wear one. If the crew wear jackets, wear one.

Grooming is so important! Clean Shaven, neat hair, no outrageous hair styles (spikes to be shorter than 1 inch), no unnatural colouring. Girls, your hair should be above the bottom of your collar, no long pony tails or all over your shoulders. A nice bun or french roll would be great. Soft subtle make up which matches your outfit. Don't bother with the bright red virgin lipstick, if you are wearing green!

Virgin used to make you try on the uniform at your recruitment day in the old days, and if you didn't look the part, you didn't get the job. Now the company has gotten alot better when it comes to equal opportunity, but why not make an effort to give them what they want, and show them how you intend to look at work.

justnightstopping
30th May 2007, 15:27
Hello everyone,

I have just been called today by VS and have been invited for an interview on 18 June ...

I've read this thread with attention and wanted to thank averyone for their contribution... I'm sure it will help.

If anyone has an interview the same day feel free to PM me.... I'll be flying the day before from Spain and will stay somewhere near LGW.

Cheers

changes2007
30th May 2007, 16:44
I've just had my second application rejected and I'm clueless? What do you have to do to get seen? I know everyone thinks they have done a great application but I know I really did. I have loads of customer service experience and put that into my answers using all the 'buzz' words possible. I even used a cabin crew guide book (sad) this time as I was determined to get seen. They don't know this but I've been accepted in the past for a short haul company but didn't take it as it was too far to travel every day so I know I'm right for the role. They send you a standard 'how to do better' next time guide but everything thats there, I did.
Guess I'm just venting a little frustration, I feel they should give you individual feedback and feel like contacting them for some?? Has anyone done that? The other day my application for Air NZ came back saying that they couldn't take me any further as I didn't have NZ residency, when I replied and asked how this can affect the London based applications they came back to me straight away and said they had made a mistake in the office!!!

ratty8587
30th May 2007, 17:16
Hey everyone, i had an interview on tues 29th and didnt get it , this is my second atempt so im gutted once again. but will be applying after my 6 months again. does anyone no what they exactly want, i feel i would be so good in the VAA team, i have previously worked as cabin crew to, does this help, i just wondered if ne one had any good pointers? and if i apply again and they see thats my 3rd time will they not really be interested? :confused:

Qaxpla
30th May 2007, 23:14
Seems loads of mixed things going on now. I got invited to an assessment day on June 11th which i'm really nervous about now haha. Didn't expect to hear anything for months so i'm shocked!!

I suppose one of their techniques could be to get the people who're keen and show interest/brand dedication by re-applying? who knows!!

roberta1
31st May 2007, 20:29
Hello everybody,
i will have a phone interview with Virgin , does anybody know which question do they ask?.
I am very excited and nervous in the same time. Thanks

M4R1AH
2nd Jun 2007, 18:41
Hey people, im starting my training on the 18th June and be sooooooooo grateful if anybody can give some tips re: dress codes or even short term accomodation!!! im a bit lost!!! :ugh: But sooo excited!! Thanks!

JWF24
3rd Jun 2007, 21:45
Hi M4R1AH, i too am starting training with Virgin on the 18th:) Quite scarred! Not too sure what to expect myself, from what i understand it's smart business attire for the first week and then casual but smart clothes after that. Im staying in a crew share place for the training period in Maidenbower (10 mins from The Base) which i booked through Shortstay.co.uk, seems really nice but quite pricey. Hope this helps.

What date did u have ur interview on?

Landis
7th Jun 2007, 15:12
Hi

I found out this morning I have the job. Wooho!

I had the interview yesterday and at the end they said if you were successful you'd get an email within the next few hours. I presumed that meant if you weren't successful there would be no email at all and just an official letter. So I thought no news wasn't good news and by 6pm I was balling my eyes out. But turns out the crocodile tears were unnecessary and I had the offer by email this morning!

I'm so excited but they said yesterday that they aren't actually taking on any crew for immediate training and we will be going into a holding pool?! I'm a bit bemused about it as I thought they were constantly training. So apparently will have to wait until around September:(

x

I Just Want To Fly
7th Jun 2007, 16:38
Was just at "The Base" last week, and one of the trainers said they are scaling back the training courses. We are close to achieving our desired crew levels, and in addition to this, there are still a number of things that need to be done to finish off the Aircraft Training Simulators at "The Base". This can't be done with 25 trainees coming through every week. She seemed to think it would be for about two weeks.

Congrats to everyone, look forward to seeing you out online.

Qaxpla
7th Jun 2007, 18:07
Well done!! that's really good news!!

I have my interview on monday now, really nervous haha. staying down at the ibis on sunday night so i'm not in mad rush on Monday morning haha.

boyoneder
7th Jun 2007, 22:18
Hi all! Just about to do my application form for Virgin, just wondering if any one could offer n e tips etc..???

Airhostessdream
7th Jun 2007, 23:05
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone on here works as a beauty therapist for virgin or just applied/ got job/ had interview etc. Plz pm me

AAE747Boy
10th Jun 2007, 13:03
Hey, im new on here,just wondered if anyone is on the assessment day this Tuesday (12th) and staying in Ibis tmrw night? Im travelling down from MAN tmrw and am very excited!

primus
10th Jun 2007, 19:01
Hey Guys

Good luck with your interviews. Keep us posted on how you get on.:D

Qaxpla
13th Jun 2007, 15:14
hey all!!
the interview went really well on Monday, had a really fun time and met some new people. especially one girl on my interview that i swapped numbers with.

we did some group exercises, like reading and discussion work etc. that was quite fun and then after that we got told about the job, how things worked and then had to do our english/maths tests. i passed those thankfully!

so, i got through to the final 2-1 interview and that went well. i thought i put my foot in my mouth at some bits and went off onto a ramble but yeah, it was generally quite good. i walked away from it neutral, so i didn't have any high or low hopes just... wanted to enjoy that 2hr 30 drive home!!
anyhow, left at about 1.30, got home about 4pm, didn't have any emails so i thought no news is good news, told my mom all about the day and then went back to my laptop and had an e-mail from virgin saying i got the job!!
i am completely over the moon and in total shock also, the girl i met on the day also got the job which is really cool!
i told my family all about it and they're over the moon aswell. I can't believe that i've just left college, 18 and have worked at topshop for a while and hey presto!! i am soo just woooo!! haha, that's all i can say!! :D:D
good luck everyone else!!

michelleb
13th Jun 2007, 16:53
Just a quick question for you guys who have been to recent assessment days. Virgin always used to have the reputation for only hiring pretty skinny blondes and am aware they've moved away from that now, but was just wondering about the height/weight issue. It is no longer one of their requirements that height and weight be in proportion but was just wondering if there was anyone at your assessments that weren't the perfect size ten!? And did any of them get the job.
Thanks for any assistance, feel free to PM if you would rather.

Qaxpla
13th Jun 2007, 19:09
yuh, there was a few girls from my interview that weren't a perfect size 10 but they got the job too :D

they only measure height and if you look fit and weight appears in proportion - it's all okay :)

michelleb
15th Jun 2007, 13:20
Thanks, puts my mind at rest a bit! I have an interview coming up in the enxt ouple of weeks and m a bit nervous as you can imagine, just working on getting the reference form filled in and preparing customer service examples!

Jay_solo
23rd Jun 2007, 22:14
How soon after training are you eligible to use V-Swap or trip requests?

Cosmic Girl
25th Jun 2007, 17:19
you can use vswap straight away but u have to wait a year before u can request a trip ;)

Jay_solo
25th Jun 2007, 18:46
Ok cool. So when do you get your first roster, is it before graduation or after? And just to clarify, with V-swap, does it allow you to swap days you are rostered or just trips rostered on a particular day?

thanks

Flyingbeaute
25th Jun 2007, 22:28
Hi,
I have worked as an IFBT for a few years now and I understand the recuitment day has just changed. You now carryout a group interview, then you will sit a written exam of anatomy and physiology (pass mark 88%) then 121 interview and then practical exam of both massage and manicure.
I hope this helps, and good luck if you go for it, I understand they are recruiting for approx another 100 IFBTS before the end of the year.

I Just Want To Fly
27th Jun 2007, 12:10
Rosters are published around the 15th of every month. You will normally only have one day off after training before your first flight. V-Swap is great. You can swap pretty much anything, as long as both crew remain within legal limits with regards to minimum days off, 900 hours etc... You can swap days off for flights too! or Flights for days off!

Jay_solo
28th Jun 2007, 05:40
So this "monthly standby" is basically, you being on standby for an entire month?? Is it airport standby and what are the windows of duration?

Thanks

MzGuilty
28th Jun 2007, 06:57
Yes it's for a full month, but can run from say 5th to 5th etc. You get four day blocks with two days off in between, but if you are called on the second or third day of standby, you have to work into your days off which knocks the rest of the roster. In your standby month, you only get two guaranteed days off that month that can't change, so forget any plans you want to make. I've worked every standby I've ever done. It's not airport standby, but as you know, you need to be at the crew room within two hours of the call.

ccousins
29th Jun 2007, 12:34
Hi,

I also have recently been accepted by Virgin Atlantic but unfortunately i have to wait until October to start training :{.

I live in Norwich therefore am going to move to Crawley so have been looking at accomodation.
It's not too badly priced to be honest, just Google 'accomodation for cabin crew in Crawley' and loads come up'. I've heard that how Brighton is for students, Crawley is for cabin crew therefore are lots of cheap hotels, B & B and rooms to accomodate us.

My friend works for Virgin and stayed somewhere for £70 per week (i can get a number if you need it).

As for the dress code, i think someone else has asked and has been answered in the posts above.

ccousins
29th Jun 2007, 12:54
Was anybody else at the interview on Wed 27th June?

I found out that i got the job by email as soon as i got home...yippeeeee!:D:O:ok:

What i don't understand is that everyone else's posts gives me the impression that they start training pretty much straight away...but i've got to wait until October but have got to wait to confirm dates.
I think this may have something to do with maintenence on the training equipment used at The Base.

I'm worried that Virgin will take on lots more staff and i'll get forgottern about!!

I haven't heard of anyone else in my group getting through so i have nobody to exchange info with!

Does Virgin have an email / telephone number which i can use to discuss the above? I have the virginrecruitment email but i'm aware you're not supposed to reply to this and i doubt anybody would get back to you on this address and advise.

I'm soooooo excited and just want to get my dates and contract signed etc so i know it's signed and sealed!

Can anyone reccommend any good area's in Crawley as i will be moving there!
xxx

Airhostessdream
2nd Jul 2007, 10:34
In Response to CHANGES2007- What sort of examples did you use on your application form hun. Did you get anyone else to check it over. Do u feel it had the tingle factor? I can advise you a good person to speak to who was a previous cabin Crew but for BA. However she runs cabin crew courses and also helps people out with appliaction forms. Once you get into it, you can write a million appliactions..LOL. And how much customer service face to face experience have you had also.PM me if you want to talk more, prehaps I can help.

Good luck, Luv :cool:

Jay_solo
5th Jul 2007, 18:27
Do you they make you sing and dance at the interview?

ccousins
6th Jul 2007, 17:34
No, they don't make you sing and dance.
If you look back on past threads, there are many which detail the assessment day from start to end.
During the group exercise, we had to split into 2 groups where we had to do a radio appeal on whatever subject we wanted.
During this, if you choose to sing and dance then thats down to what the group decides to do in their appeal.
They are just looking for relevant skills, having an input but without taking over and listening and responding well to other peoples ideas & working as a team.

Hope this helps.

Just be yourself, thats the best thing you can do!

Good Luck! :)

jas99915
8th Jul 2007, 13:32
Hey all.. I only just found this website... Was anybody on the assessment day on the 5th june.... Would like to know if anyone got through... unfortunately I didnt get the job....:( It was strange actually cause I was cabin crew for virgin a few years ago left after sept 11th on redundancy... maybe I too old now at 35 ha ha:O... I will try again in 6 months...

Just to let people know about interview questions i think this is where i bullsed up.... here are some of the questions I got in my interview... hopefully anyone thats got a interview soon can have a read....

1. give a customer service example where you have excelled yourself and gone above the call of duty... this I think is the virgin flair thing...

2. Give 4 positives and negitiives about virgin.... I didnt know what to say about the negitives...

3. give a example where you have to adapt to different situations and where you might have used a new piece of equipment and how did you implement this with team mates/collleages...

there was couple more but I cant remember those,, will post them on the website if I do.... good luck to anyone whos got a interview soon....

Any feed back with answers to interview questions where people have got the job... will be appreciated..... hopefully will be more prepared next time... I hope they dont hold it against me that i left after sept 11th.... they never tell you why eh.....

jas99915
8th Jul 2007, 13:35
ccousins.... well done for getting through... you will love it..... are you able to remember any questions you had?????? things that you said etc....

scottfly
8th Jul 2007, 19:44
AMS-LHR,

What about BA? Are you going for VS now?

Scottfly.

Sinjmajeep
8th Jul 2007, 21:07
I guess that you are going to ask your instructors for time off to attend the Virgin interviews.

scottfly
8th Jul 2007, 21:27
Good luck whatever you decide LHR-AMS. However, things are not looking too rosey at Virgin Atlantic, strike threat and low morale ... I have been accepted into BA, yet no course as yet ... they are trying to get us to take LGW instead .. er no thank you!

Scottfly.

Sinjmajeep
8th Jul 2007, 22:32
AMS if you are considering not going to any possible Virgin interviews why have you bothered applying? You are just wasting everybody's time.
I can just see it now at the Virgin interview. So why do you want to work for Virgin Atlantic? Well I am not bothered really, I have a start date with BA next week but I am just covering all the bases.:ugh:

clonesa
11th Jul 2007, 18:24
Interview with Virgin on 18th July!
Hello

I have an interview with Virgin Airlines on 18th July and am really nervous, I am Irish but living in Belgium with my boyfriend who works in ATC. Do they require that you live in LON or does anybody know anyone commuting from Ireland or Belgium? I don't mind realocating but I need to get this accross if I get to the 2-1. I don't want my living in Belgium to affect my chances of getting in. Also I have an appartment in Dublin so can live there. Anyways any advice would be really helpful!

ratty8587
12th Jul 2007, 17:17
hey everyone, just wondering whether its worth risking to apply again to virgin now even though its not long since i last applyed? i had an interview in on the 29th june this year and didnt get it, i will apply after my 6months is up cus im not , not ever guna work for VS. i know they keep previous applications on record , next time will be my 3rd time trying, also if i havnt got in by the 3rd does that mean i'm likely to never get in!?

Jay_solo
12th Jul 2007, 18:23
Is Virgin training 5 weeks or 6 weeks long? And is it Mon-Fri or some weekend training involved?

jas99915
13th Jul 2007, 12:18
hey ratty8587

Dont try till six months or do it under a different email when you do the online application... you not the only.... i dont understand what they are looking for.... I used to be cabin crew for virgin a few years ago.... I didnt get through the interview either... who knows eh.....

clonesa good luck on the 18th.... I posted a mail the other day with a few questions i got asked in the interview have a look at them if you already havnt.... another question they asked me as well is

why do you want to join virgin???

the other are on my other posting>>>>>

clonesa
16th Jul 2007, 06:53
Hi there,

Thanks for the info Jas, I will do my best and sure thats all you can do reallly ! If anyone can think of anymore questions, it would be helpful.

x

clonesa
16th Jul 2007, 19:49
On the reference form I have 4 references for work, do I also need to get personal references, its not very clear? Can anyone help?

Jay_solo
16th Jul 2007, 20:06
You do need 4 personal references, friends you have known for atleast 5 years and who you see sociably on a regular.

This is in adddition to the work, educational references. Getting 4 people who know you sociably for atleast 5 years could be awkward for some. Its not Virgin's idea though, its the Department for Transport's regulations

clonesa
16th Jul 2007, 21:17
Thanks Jay,

Just wondering what kind of detail to these guys go into? I mean what do they usually ask them?

Jay_solo
16th Jul 2007, 21:37
1 of your personal referees will need to provide gap references for any gaps in employment (verifying who you are and what you were doing), in addition to character references. They will be contacted twice (2nd time by the Airports Authourity) to verify information. I am guessing the other 3 will give character references (who you are as a person). As to why 4 personal referees who have known you for 5 years sociably, when 2 can suffice, I have no idea!!

Jay_solo
16th Jul 2007, 22:02
Hi,

Do you get exams or assignments on the weekends during the six weeks training?