PDA

View Full Version : Pprune on Sky News

Nil Flaps
6th Jan 2007, 16:22
It's famous!

Have Sky News (UK) on FOXTEL and Pprune got a mention. It's on in the background but I double-taked when I saw footage of them scrolling through posts on a computer screen.

The news 'story' was about the refusal by some airlines to use Bristol's ['poorly?] resurfaced runway during the inclement weather, (or should the article really have just been 'flights cancelled due to bad weather') and how pilots on 'a well-known aviation website' were posting things like 'let's just get it sorted' when commenting on the condition of the runway.

Seemed a bit sensational to me. Is Pprune often on the news when a fairly insignificant occurrence crops up in the aviation world? Or do they mention it to back up what appears to be a very weak news story in a vain attempt to give their 'story' some hint of credibility?

Richard Taylor
6th Jan 2007, 16:28
Yet they STILL can't get their aviation news stories right...:ugh: :ugh:

11K-AVML
6th Jan 2007, 17:13
It's famous!
The news 'story' was about the refusal by some airlines to use Bristol's ['poorly?] resurfaced runway during the inclement weather, (or should the article really have just been 'flights cancelled due to bad weather') and how pilots on 'a well-known aviation website' were posting things like 'let's just get it sorted' when commenting on the condition of the runway.Ahh that would be this one,
Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS? (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257923)
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=257923

Danny
6th Jan 2007, 17:17
You may also like to note the date that the thread in question started... 29th December, 2006. Also, the title of the thread gives away the fact that there was an even earlier incident that started off the whole discussion.

If it affects airline pilots then you're most likely to read about it here. The media will jump on the bandwagon once it becomes 'news' because of a major player such as easyJet announcing that they are cancelling flights due to safety reasons.