PDA

View Full Version : FlyJet- 3

Nato 35
5th Jan 2007, 22:42
Sorry PoP, It has to be done. How can 1 small charter cause so much animosity. Why does a small minority want to put 30 pilots and 150 cabin crew on the dole. It does not matter for the flight deck as there are lots of jobs out there for qualified people, but what about everyone else. Cabin Crew, Ops, Engineering, etc. Is it too much to ask that a hardworking coalface in any company be left alone to prove themselves. 95% of the people in this industry do it cos they luv the flying. certainly not the wages. So what is wrong in supporting each other. And I am sorry, bu if you dont agree you need to get the F#ck out of flying and follow another path, like nose picking or gonad scratching.
Can everyone on this site have a very Happy and Safe New Year.
35:cool: :cool:

lgwechobravo
6th Jan 2007, 16:08
Well it certainly took a while for another Flyjet post to be started, thought it would of happened a bit sooner.

All of us in flyjet, I fear, are part of a sinking ship! The new management are no better than the old and all they think is silverjet silverjet silverjet. No interest is shown in flyjet and they haven't even given it a chance to prove itself in the charter market. Come october next year, I fear flyjet will be gone!!:ugh: Afterall both 757's will have gone by then!

mightymouse111
7th Jan 2007, 11:34
There seems to be a lot of negative talk regarding Flyjet, but what facts do those of you inside the company know. Has anything being said. If nothing has been said then how do you know that they are not going to invest in the fleet, get more aircraft, newer aircraft etc. I remember reading something that said that they have a chance to prove themselves and make money, is that not a fair chance to prove yourselves.
The SJ takeover has to be positive otherwise it appears Flyjet would not exist at this moment in time.
The only thing I would add is that if nothing has being said one way or another, then staff become uncertain, rumours become common place, a lot of negative talk occurs and staff can lose interest, thats what we are seeing at the moment. Therefore surely its in SJs interest to tell the staff its plans for this airline. Goodluck Flyjet.

HH6702
7th Jan 2007, 13:20
Winter 2007/8
looking at the xl website flights are shown as XLA TBA from NCL.
nowhere does it have FJE?

RUMAD
8th Jan 2007, 13:18
I argee with lgwechobravo......all of us at LGW feel like this is the last few months of the base,the company havent told us anything about whats happening to LGW....but it doesnt look good as there isnt a flying programme and no aircraft from april....everyone is fed up and worried about their jobs!....most people are looking for other jobs...so good luck to everyone its been a pleasure to work with you all.

lgwechobravo
8th Jan 2007, 17:37
Not blowing flyjets trumpet but we do have some of the best crews I have ever worked with at Flyjet, at LGW, NCL and MAN. Good luck to all, stinks what management are doing and I would have been proud to help create a decent niche charter airline at Flyjet - given the chance! There is potential at LGW, with MAN and NCL keeping the company going presently, shame that writing is on the wall after the summer. And NCL only been operational for a year! Waste of investment really???

mightymouse111
10th Jan 2007, 14:47
Do you feel that the management are deliberately keeping you in the dark, in order to create this unrest and hope that most people will leave on their own before they have to pay people off (if the company will cease)?
If so thats not a nice way of rewarding people!

...and by all means that that trumpet as loud as you can!

transwede
10th Jan 2007, 16:11
Shame if Flyjet do cease operations, they have made quite a concious effort up in NCL, with average OTP, although they still did come last in the league tables overall, however they have very rarely suffered from major delays at NCL. Pax reactions seem positive and the airline has provided extra jobs in the region. They make a nice change to the based charter units, usually NCL gets third rate airlines such as Scandic, Hola, Islandsflug etc

Good luck all at flyjet, hope everything works out!:cool:

TechProblem
10th Jan 2007, 16:56
They seem to be doing prity well for themselves atm, im sure there making lots of cash doing flights out of cph on EA, and still doing NCL flights on EB.

Manchester has a summer program starting in June, which is a busy program.

Im guessing but i would have thought that NCL wil be the other base rather than LGW. One reason for this could be its alot cheper f0r slots out of NCL than it is out of LGW.

In November we shall see if the a/c get sold on or there lease is renewed, tbh I think they will get rid, but they might replace these a/c with 737-8/9 ER's, although this is just me hoping they do get rid of EA/EB, us outside Flyjet/Silverjet will have to wait and see.

Here's GL for 07 for FlyJet! :ok:

lgwechobravo
10th Jan 2007, 18:34
Slots at NCL may well be cheaper, but is it not the charterer that pays for the operation? Not really sure how the arrangement between XL aviation and Flyjet is organised. Staff were under impression it was for 3 years, not 18 months when 757's EA and EB will be returned!!!!

As much as we all want FJE to suceed and last, new a/c is highly unlikely!

TechProblem
10th Jan 2007, 22:24
Staff were under impression it was for 3 years, not 18 months when 757's EA and EB will be returned!!!!

As much as we all want FJE to suceed and last, new a/c is highly unlikely!

Are they to be retured? Or are the a/c avaiable to be re-bought, Or are they going to be broken up?

New a/c might not be as far as you might think, with Silverjet money behind them, they may let the lease run out on the 75's but this maybe because there are planning to get some 'newer' a/c. This from me is heresay, I wouldnt mind someone from flyjet, (maybe fje1 :ok:) to hopefuly ask the question to someone and then hopefully shead some light. As this thread as usual is all abit down atm.

RUMAD
11th Jan 2007, 10:51
Weve been told at Flyjet that both EA and EB are being returned at the end of the year,as they are being turned into DHL cargo planes,and about time too!!

NCL1
11th Jan 2007, 16:21
well if they've told there staff EA and EB will return, thye must hav said whats going to be happening to fje in the future or else why wud anyone with the right mind stay with the company?

Bamboid
12th Jan 2007, 16:18
NCL1 - It would be nice if we WERE told something, however communication seems to be seriously lacking at the moment.

The last official communication we had was in November, to inform us that the offices were relocating to Luton. Since then nothing, and, since we can no longer drop into LGW for a chat, cynics might say that this was quite an adroit move.

There has been a web site set up specifically for the purpose of keeping us informed, I would suggest to our new lords and masters (who confess to reading this site), that it is fast becoming a question of 'use it or lose it' - ie. 'use' the channels available to communicate with us, or 'lose' a significant number of pilots.

Crazy Dolly
14th Jan 2007, 23:06
[quote=Bamboid;3064858]
There has been a web site set up specifically for the purpose of keeping us informed

I too work for FJE and have not seen this website? Is it any good??? :confused:

fje1
25th Jan 2007, 12:43
EA & EB upto now may return early and newer aircrafts will join a manchester hub of upto 4 757's. charter in the summer ski winters.
nothing official as of yet. will update when info becomes fiction.

Winter 2006/7 has seen long haul trips go well with EA now reconfigured and more legroom on the a/c and minimal a/c problems.
EB has been working with the charter out of newcastle again with minimal problems.
not much info at this stage...
ex EC has preformed its first flight today to New York with passengers...:D

Curious Pax
25th Jan 2007, 13:53
You're not looking at those 2 ex-Atlas 757s that Jet2 seemed to be having then had a change of heart at the last minute are you? Anyone know what caused the change of mind there?

NCL1
25th Jan 2007, 17:34
does that mean 4 a/c based at man, 2 at man, 2 at ncl or new bases? hope it is true! be sad to see the end of flyjet!

lgwechobravo
25th Jan 2007, 18:08
so fje1 what your post has basically stated is that the company are going to dump both NCL and LGW, with minimal notice to loyal serving and hard working staff - NICE, thanks very much!

Who's to say 4 757 aircraft at MAN would be profitable. Surely enough charter units there as it is during winter, why not spread new aircraft (yet to be confirmed or seen) among 2 different bases, where work is available? i.e NCL and MAN. Lets be honest NCL has kept the flyjet part up and running for most of the year, along with summer programme in MAN!!!

Think most LGW folk have resigned themselves to the fact that the end is nigh - not of course that it is official!:ugh:

Good luck Flyjet - you could be great, wherever the aircraft end up.:oh:

TechProblem
26th Jan 2007, 16:16
A hub doesn't mean the a/c will only fly out of there, im guessing that is where they will base there a/c as Manchester has a good boeing maintaince hanger and cheapish parking fee's.

Ive also heard that EA and EB might be getting turned into DHL a/c at the end of the lease.So if Flyjet want 4, they will need another 2 on top of the ex-Atlas ones.

I dont think they will drop NCL they have done very well out of there over this winter, never mind last summer.

LGW seems to be abit lost on Flyjet.

The Mancehster summer program is supposed to start in June, but thats a bit of hear say to :rolleyes:

fje1
27th Jan 2007, 16:38
from what I know EA & EB will leave the fleet shortly to be turned into cargo aircraft. As I said not much info to give at the moment on whats going to happen will update.
MAN summer program will start in May the same program as last year upto now.
If aircraft do enter the fleet then new routes and recruitment will commence ASAP.

lgwechobravo
2nd Feb 2007, 10:02
Any news on flyjets supposed new a/c - all to be based at MAN?

Any news on the status of LGW and their crews for the summer?

What work do FJE propose on operating from MAN using solely upto 4 based 757 aircraft?

So many questions that staff want answers too or atleast an idea of what is in the planning!? So far discussions have led us to believe that the only safe place for FJE staff is MAN, but what about LGW and NCL? Fine, concentration has been on the start up of Silverjet, but now it is up and running surely emphasis needs to be placed on flyjet, if they are to succeed on a successful charter brand??

fje1
7th Feb 2007, 19:34
yep ur correct info does need to be released, and I don't have any to give you.
I will push for it and see what I can get but all is hush hush as usual.

Brian Fantana
7th Feb 2007, 20:47
FJE1 in one of your post it says if aircraft enter the fleet, then new routes FJE will have to recruit ASAP.
Will the recruitment be handled by FJE or Silverjet and what is the current start pay for a type rated F/O? I am guessing that the salaries are the same for both FJE and Silverjet. I also assume - as per lgwechobravo's post - money, company commitment, backing etc etc is all going Silverjets way, so would they be the better airline to apply for, and is there any cross fleet flying for the flight deck crew?
Thks

lgwechobravo
9th Feb 2007, 18:38
Surely with all the niceities and frills of the silverjet launch over and done now, there must be some focus on the charter 'FLYJET' operation. Its now february, the LGW programme finishes soon (not to be operated again next year by all accounts) and again no summer programme. Jst one question,

What is happening with Flyjet???????????????????????

All this talk of a hub at MAN with 4 aircraft, no LGW and no NCL and loads of new tour operator contracts - what a load of tosh!

All the flyjet staff want is the some communication and some honesty!

BYALPHAINDIA
11th Feb 2007, 21:05
I think FJE would be 'Pushing' running 4 Aircraft out of MAN??

They have had enough of a performance running 2!!

I would be sad to see FJE go onto the 'Shelf' As it is about time they had a 'Good' run of luck!!:D

It seems to me that Silverjet have 'buried' FJE without a service??:hmm:

Or they don't know (themselves) what is what....

Regards.;)

lgwechobravo
12th Feb 2007, 14:50
I could not agree with you more BYALPHAINDIA.

It does seem that the S'Jet management have forgot about flyjet and yes, it is about time we had some good fortune!

Most of the staff doubt the viability of 4 based aircraft at MAN, surely keeping NCL open with the current 3 year XL contract would make sense. As I've said before I think most of us at LGW have resigned ourselves to the fact, the end is near!

lukeylad
12th Feb 2007, 16:07
I think we all need to stop here and look at the fantastic job the NCL flyjet crews are doing. In my opinion they have kept the company going in the latter half of last year. Few delays and some good reports about them;

TechProblem
12th Feb 2007, 18:17
A hub doesn't mean the a/c will only fly out of there, im guessing that is where they will base there a/c as Manchester has a good boeing maintaince hanger and cheapish parking fee's.

As ive said b4, and you either didnt read my post or understand it.

So if the a/c are doing nothing then Manchester is where they will be kept/based.

The start in NCL is to good not to carry on with, i think Flyjet know that.

O and no one has said that there wont be any flights out of lgw or ncl apart from yourself Lgwechobravo, although fje1 hasn't indcated that there will be any, doesnt mean that they wont be any...

nclpilot
12th Feb 2007, 19:27
As far as I understand all FJE flying out of NCL is for Excel. However, if you check out xl for winter 2007/08, the flight is operated by xl airways?

Have crews been told the base is closing or is it all rumour? If they haven been told, perhaps this needs clarifying

sunnygirl
5th Mar 2007, 10:06
It will be interesting to see if FJE will manage to crew the long haul trips to the end of the contract at the end of April. Crew are leaving by the coach load because we are fed up of being treated like mushrooms (kept in dark, fed on S**t). Silver Jet management promised that we would be fully informed with all developments, however we had two presentations to promote SJA but with no information about FJE, this just shows the way in which SJA treat people. We were also warned not to post on Pprune. The crew have kept to their word but have been let down by SJA who did not keep theirs - so we should see this as open season on SJA. Most of the FJE crew who have been interviewed by SJA have been refused a position with them. It appears that SJA had no interest in FJE esp LGW, they only wanted them to do the long haul contract which they were unable to get out of. The reason why they have not said anything to the LGW crew is because they realised if they say nothing most of the crew will walk so there would be very few of us left when the contract finished at the end of April (less redundancy)- How clever. Is this a way of treating people that have been loyal to the company, giving them no reasurance and frightening them in to handing in their notice as they are so worried about their jobs and paying rent/morgages after April? The few of us that are left will not stand for this any more and expect to be treated as adults that deserve respect - (Is this too much to ask for from SJA?)

lgwechobravo
5th Mar 2007, 10:15
sunny girl what else can I say to you but .... :D :D :D :D :D :D

The management have treated flyjet crews and staff like utter garbage!! Still to this day nobody knows what is happening. LGW crew are leaving by the shed load, as are NCL crew so I'm led to believe. No recruitment is happening, so the summer charter contracts are looking dodgy to say the least.

I thought (foolish I know) that SJE maybe wanted to make a go of a decent, well renowned charter operation. Well IMHO they'd have to change the name, it would be impossible to do it now. And 4 aircraft at MAN...please that will never happen.

FJE seem to have even given up on operating footie flights, subcharters etc - something we used to be heavily involved in! And the long haul, great for us crew - does it make money though?

NCL1
5th Mar 2007, 10:18
sounds abit crap! What are the LGW crew going to be doing through the summer? is there to be a FJE A/C based at NCL and MAN through the summer? It does seem that they want to push you out before they have to pay you out, realistically why do they want staff based at LGW when there is no base there anymore, does seem a bit pointless, not that its the crews fault!
Best Of Luck, maybe its time to look for a new airline though! :bored:

TechProblem
13th Mar 2007, 08:08
Should be more or less the same with one a/c in Ncl and one in Man.

bhoy007
13th Mar 2007, 09:43
i was thinking that due to the a/c's but i read that there covering flights from xl at NCL so was wondering what this ment as in work wise or is it true about covering xl

goodgirl
13th Mar 2007, 19:59
I thought FJE had a union...and both FJE and SJE crews are on the same contract.

Ops Guy
13th Mar 2007, 23:37
Flyjet advertising for cabin crew on Newcastle Airports website to support Flyjet's charter activities from Newcastle and Manchester we require hard working, enthusiastic and responsible individuals to become part of our cabin crew team. (taken from the brief description).

Flyjet seems to be a good charter airline. No major problems within the last 10 month that I can recall. Good luck to you all!!:ok:

happychap
14th Mar 2007, 12:00
WELL SAID SUNNYGIRL:ok:
You have said what the LGW crew are saying. GO GIRL:D

TechProblem
19th Mar 2007, 22:01
Upadte, EB back in MAN for some maintance. :)

nav3
19th Mar 2007, 22:08
Sunnygirl,

I have no idea of the background politics but as a Businessman i always ensure my staff are kept informed and well looked after. Threat them well and with respect and they (generally) will repay you.

Stick at it.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
19th Mar 2007, 22:08
Any news on the Bermuda - Stansted route that flyjet are to opp for flyfirstclass :confused: still showing as starting first quarter of 2007,
they have the slots, as the flight is sowing on STN arr/dep board
as canx.

TechProblem
20th Mar 2007, 19:03
Wont be oped by flyjet, of anyone it would be SliverJet.

As in there thread or visit there website.

sunnygirl
23rd Mar 2007, 16:15
All the LGW crew have been told that they will not be needed after the end of April as the base will be closed.:sad:

Silver Jet are now trying their damdest to get out of paying any of the crew any redundancy.:eek:

There is no longer a crew room at LGW the crew do not know where they should check in, collect paperwork or leave flight paperwork.:confused:

They have treated the crew so badly and just when we think that it can not get any worse they manage to dump on us again.:ugh:

They hope that the crew will continue to do this long haul contract till the end of April and then go quietly. :oh:

It is worrying to be working for an airline which treat their staff so badly and that management are so full of themselves that they can not see any further than the end of their nose.:suspect:

It is a pity that managers do not know what CRM is let alone be able to put it into practice.:rolleyes:

I am only now staying to fight for what we deserve and that is some respect in the last month (don't hold my breath as we have not had any since they have taken over) and the redundancy pay because we will fight for that.:ok: Despite the recent announcment that Silverjet crew have all had a payrise - Is that where our money has gone???:yuk:

diesel862
24th Mar 2007, 12:04
I not surprised how the management have treated the LGW base. They have been doing that for a long long time now.
It was a pleasure working with you people in 2005.

RUMAD
24th Mar 2007, 16:25
The way the flyjet crews are being treated by silverjet is digusting!! but lets face it,they dont want flyjet and couldnt care less about! beware NCL and MAN crews you could be next!!

happychap
24th Mar 2007, 17:48
:D :D :D Well said Sunnygirl you are saying what most of us are saying down route :D :D :D

It will only be a matter of time before the same happens to the crew in NCL and MAN they will be dumped as soon as they have served their purpose. Silverjet never wanted FJE and think they can treat us like s***.
We need to work together and support each other before there is no one to stand up to them.
Time to call the union.

Just noticed it is very annoying and ironic that Silverjet has an advert on this posting :\

transwede
24th Mar 2007, 18:01
Why does Flyjet not have a future? They seem to be doing well at NCL???

happychap
24th Mar 2007, 18:25
They may be doing well for the moment but Silverjet see FJE as a wart on its finger and it is only a matter of time before they dump on the two remaining bases. They only wanted the AOC and a cheap 767 to get them started. They do not want a charter carrier around their neck as they think they are much better than that.

legoland
29th Mar 2007, 08:12
I have to agree with sunnygirl well said, we are still being kept in the dark to some extent.

bamcb38c
29th Mar 2007, 11:58
anyone seen this weeks flight mag? its listing flyjet as having ceased operations. seems theyve got thier crystal ballout on this one.

TechProblem
29th Mar 2007, 12:47
Maybe it becasue they are trading as Silverjet .....

theotherone
3rd Apr 2007, 05:40
Good news for flyjet , they have ordered 2 airbus 380s for man with a 747 400 for this summer and 2 more 747 400 for ncl. Things must finally be going well.

TechProblem
3rd Apr 2007, 09:11
Erm april fools was yesterday?

transwede
3rd Apr 2007, 09:27
I see that the charter company freedomflights and xl.com are no longer offering flights from Newcastle during the winter 07/08 season. This is where FJE get their pax from, so obviously all the talk could well be true and no more Flyjet at NCL??

TechProblem
3rd Apr 2007, 17:38
Well as the 2 75's should be going to DHL in Nov, that might be why...

Brian Fantana
3rd Apr 2007, 18:36
Techproblem - thought the 757's were off to Fedex and FJE/Silverjet were looking for replacements to continue flying the contracts they had signed for 3 years. ie the XL.Com NCL flying, Copenhagen flights in the winter and not forgetting the MAN summer program.
If they dont get replacements thats a lot of subchartering to do or big bucks to payoff the contracts!!

EMA01
3rd Apr 2007, 19:26
I saw on Freedom Flight while looking at flights for a holiday that Flyjet are still going to be operating flights for XL airways this summer even though it is under SilverJet now... Is this right or is it a mistake... It was a flight to Corfu from Belfast I saw. Was looking at flights to Corfu and I didnt know they flew to Corfu from Belfast so had a look.... Anyone know this??

EMA01:ok: :ok:

CentreFix25
3rd Apr 2007, 21:13
The Belfast-Corfu is a 'W' with the NCL based aircraft. Has been for a few years now, Finnair, Excel and Air Scandic have all done the same thing - just depended on who had the based aircraft.

theotherone
4th Apr 2007, 00:39
ok the new aircraft was a joke but the fact the leases have been cancelled on both man and ncl crew rooms isnt, trust me...

crewboi83
4th Apr 2007, 01:11
Have heard a rumour that there could be some seat sharing on Jets loco flights in the winter, with rumours that jet2 are expanding to SSH LPA TFS and PFO from NCL in winter 07/08 for jet2holidays there could be some seat sharing, or ad hoc?

Edited to remove the advertising link and insert the letters and shift keys which are apparently missing from your keyboard. Please confine the text/SMS-speak to your mobile.

SAM 2M
4th Apr 2007, 10:37
BAM38CB

The latest Flight International 3-9 April Page 5 prints the following correction:

The list of airlines that ceased operations during 2006 published in last week's World Airline Directory incorrectly included UK charter airline Flyjet. Although the airline was aquired by Silverjet last year, it continues to operate as a division with a fleet of two Boeing 757s. We are happy to set the record straight.
:)

lgwechobravo
4th Apr 2007, 10:47
As someone who used to work for FJE and really gave it my all I feel heartily sorry for those crew left at NCL/MAN (wth LGW going imminently). They will get screwed over by the management, who promised so much, not to mention the promise of honesty and communication. If the posts on this forum are to be believed then the end is near for Flyjet, which is a shame.

I got the impression that everything is Silverjet, silverjet, silverjet. Surely diversification is a good idea, retaining 2 brands therefore increasing the revenue for the company. What happens if something went wrong with Silverjet, Flyjet could very well support them through the hard times if managed correctly.

The crews at Flyjet deserve so much better and would be a credit to any other airline. For leases to be cancelled on crew rooms and contracts cancelled, the information only to be made public on here is disgusting (if true), surely humane management would speak to their staff who have stuck with them through the worse times and give them some kind of heads up. Crews stuck with the airline with uncertainty over getting paid, working numerous days off with no thanks and operating long flights to difficult places and this is the gratitude shown.

Good Luck to all still there, it was a pleasure. Shame the management don't have the same respect!!;)

Ops Guy
4th Apr 2007, 12:04
All the previous posts suggest that Flyjet is a successful charter airline and is fairly profitable. I don't mean to be ignorant but why doesn't someone (rich) buy the airline if it's about to get dumped at the end of the season. If there is money to be made!!!:)

TechProblem
4th Apr 2007, 19:58
SilverJet already have, but no one is sure if they are going to invest in flyjet, or bring in a different name (BronzeJet?)
What ever happens they will need to source some more a/c as EA and EB are probably not allowed to fly as passenger a/c after Nov.

As i said they both going to either Fedex, although i think it will be DHL as they only fly 752's.

As ive said in a another post I think it all going to depend on this summer.

theotherone
4th Apr 2007, 20:03
Flyjet does have great staff but has been run by the worst management who only saw £££££ signs. Silverjet bought flyjet for its AOC and its 767 ( pprune if you wanna go to court over this one i will). Flyjet is not profitable, it operated 2 25 year old 757 with the amount of times they go tech over the summer with subbing out flights and hotel bills it all destroys profits. You are all good people STOP being used and go where you are deserved!!!!!!.

lgwechobravo
5th Apr 2007, 09:27
theotherone whilst I agree with what you're saying, Flyjet probably isn't profitable, but we were very busy flying during the summer with the 2 757, so maybe it was the contracts that were agreed that were not financially profitable. If the new management had any sense they would renegociate.

Also last summer, while still bottom of the ontime league tables Flyjets performance was a hell of alot better than previous. Infact their newest operation at NCL performed excellently with very few delays due to tech a/c.

Mr Angry from Purley
5th Apr 2007, 18:28
Not heard about the 757's going to DHL, unlikely they prefer aircraft with a decent history (ex BA)
I doubt FJE will have made much £ on the Scandic - Far East run this winter, judging by the amount of airlines that turned the flying down? ...

theotherone
5th Apr 2007, 20:32
exactly Mr Angry, so many crew being flown out and with other airlines just to do 2 or 3 sectors in the far east, 1 week of continuous flight pay to operate 2 or 3 sectors for fje its stupid business sense. Id like to know what happens when that museum piece aicraft goes tech in thailand or UAB, more subs????? and what of crew and passenger saftey

hoey5o
6th Apr 2007, 11:05
THEOTHERONE,

Stop this inaccurate bile. Where are you getting this rubbish from.

The Manchester crew room lease has not been cancelled it currently runs until well into 2008.

The aircraft are not 25 years old they were off the production line in 1990

You have no knowledge of any facts !

SAM 2M
6th Apr 2007, 13:01
Techproblem.... you say in you post above.........

"What ever happens they will need to source some more a/c as EA and EB are probably not allowed to fly as passenger a/c after Nov.":ugh: :ugh:

Not Allowed to Fly as Passenger A/C.?? :ugh: WHAT RUBBISH:mad: :mad: ..........Please put some more precision into your statements. If you are guessing --just say so!

The aircraft have years of life left and it is simply that they have been aquired at the end of the current lease by a large freight operator. Had they not been so aquired they could continue for years as passenger aeroplanes. :D

A major factor here is that the 757 is a superbly versatile aircraft that can be flown non stop on routes such as USA to Manchester and still be great on a Corfu Gatwick service.

Its first class field performance means it can operate hot and high on long routes. Accordingly it can take on routes in the traditionally quiet Winter periods which are far longer and more demanding than those it breezes during a usual Summer IT programme.

It has been and still remains an excellent workhorse for the very successful UK IT Charter Industry. It is my opinion that from the UK Charter Airline perspective the B757 production line was stopped before a direct replacement was available. Jet2 and others have seen fit to aquire examples of the type.

As a result it seems to me that the lease market for the B757 has hardened up considerably making the B757 increasingly rare and sought after. In my opinion the type should still be in production. :ugh:

What a shame new examples are not available.:{

transwede
6th Apr 2007, 18:20
hoey5o you say MAN crew room lease is still valid, what about NCL? FJE seem to do well for themselves at my local???

theotherone
6th Apr 2007, 21:47
errr right HO ,
leases can be easily got out of, i have inside knowledge of these leases being cancelled, thank you. Apperently silverjet have paid an early cancelation fee but that was cheaper than paying for rooms they dont need and they are activlatly seeking ways out of the summer work as the flyjet operation is a drain on their limited resources for their own business expansion. msg me if you need to know more as its not fair to the good crew who work there.

theotherone
6th Apr 2007, 21:51
oh and the planes are the original air2000 craft as far as i can trace but they didnt buy them new did they so they are obviously before 1990, i know a pilot who worked on them in 1986 so why dont you get YOUR facts straight, im trying to do the current crew a favour here so unless you can back your "facts" up keep out.

SAM 2M
7th Apr 2007, 07:54
Hi THEOTHERONE

Your pilot did not work on EA or EB in 1986.

Here are the facts..........:

EA Construction number 24636 First Flight 18 Jan 1990 (Roll Out 12.12.89)
EB Construction Number 24290 First Flight 10 Feb 1989 (Roll Out 10.01.89)

Refer

www.b757.info

SAM 2M

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Apr 2007, 08:01
Not going to get into this argument, other than to give the facts about the two B757 that are operated.
JEA was built in 1989 and first flew in 1990.
JEB was built in 1988/89 and first flew in 1989.:mad:

Mr A Tis
7th Apr 2007, 08:29
.and another thing, I don't think EA ever flew for Air2000.
It started out as GIEAB with Aspro ( Inter European), then was absorbed into Airtours International / My Travel as GLCRC....so there is a shortage of facts here !:eek:

SAM 2M
7th Apr 2007, 08:34
THE OTHERONE

I think you have been soundly corrected by 3 of us. QED

Less rant and more precision if you please. I trust you will consider yourself admonished.

Sam 2M

Mr A Tis
7th Apr 2007, 10:49
You can see GFJEA history with pics here :
http://web2.jetphotos.net/census/aircraft2.php?msnid=757-24636
Delivered brand new to IEA in 1990 &not a sniff of Air 2000/First Choice:=

Flightrider
7th Apr 2007, 10:59
There is nothing to stop the two 757s continuing in passenger service beyond October from a regulatory or legislatory point of view - and, as others have pointed out, they are 1989 / 1990 build aircraft so newer than some 757s still flying around!

However, the aircraft are due to return to their leasing company (AWAS) in October. This was part of the contract between Skylease and AWAS which long preceded Silverjet ever appearing on the scene. AWAS has already sold the two aircraft to Federal Express, which is seeking up to 100 757s to convert to freighters largely to replace its 727-200 aircraft. Whichever way you look at it, EA and EB will be going at the end of October.

In terms of the current summer contracts, the NCL operation keeps the aircraft relatively busy but the MAN aircraft is not particularly well utilised. It is operating nine rotations per week during the peak season and only six of those operate for the full May-end October season length.

Mon MAN-DLM-MAN
Tue MAN-SSH-MAN from end May
Wed MAN-LCA-MAN from July only
Thu MAN-MJT-MAN
Fri MAN-DLM-XXX-DLM-MAN
Sat MAN-SSH-MAN-RHO-MAN
Sun MAN-LCA-MAN

Although the aircraft might seem to be busy at certain times, I would guess that this wouldn't rank as one of the most profitable charter opportunities of all time.

It is also worthwhile reading the Silverjet document on their website last week about their need to raise £25m funding (again). It says that the combined Skylease/FlyJet entity might break even this year. On that basis, if you need funds to expand your own operation due to the incredible level of financial hooliganism ongoing at Silverjet as outlined in their placing document, one could argue that they will need every penny they've got to invest in Silverjet, and not be bothered about keeping FlyJet up and running.

John Boeman
8th Apr 2007, 18:27
On that basis, if you need funds to expand your own operation due to the incredible level of financial hooliganism ongoing at Silverjet as outlined in their placing document
Flightrider, I would, (genuinely) be very interested to hear your reasoning for the above statement.

fje1
8th Apr 2007, 19:26
EA & EB will leave the fleet.

EB is in good condition now as money is being spent on the aircraft.
When EA returns at the end of April this to will get the once over.

Up to now work is the for summer 2007 and thereafter has not yet been released.
Aircrafts have been looked at but no outcome so far.

A meeting with management and crews will be organised shortly.

sunnygirl
9th Apr 2007, 10:02
We have heard all this rubbish before that the crew will be kept informed and that meetings will be arranged etc, etc, etc and it has came to nothing at all. :yuk:

The majority of the LGW crew have got jobs starting in May so do you really think that there will be anyone there to meet with? :ugh: Now how convienient was that????? :ouch:

SilverJet have treated the LGW crew so badly, we are wondering if they have planned it like this or are they just so incompetent? All they can see is Silver Jet, Silver Jet, Silver Jet and are just so up themselves.:hmm:

I wonder do their investers know the mess they are making when it comes to Flyjet and how badly they have treated the crew? :suspect: :confused:

The majority of the LGW crew can't wait to be gone and leave this sorry mess behind. It is such a shame because despite it's faults it was a fantastic company to work for once upon a time:{

One thing that concerns me is the fact that it appears Silver Jet managers think that they are so good and they are in the right. :sad:

lgwechobravo
10th Apr 2007, 17:46
Does anybody really think that FJE will continue operations after october? The writing really does seem to be on the wall for them. No contract for MAN a/c next winter, the charter in NCL stopping all flights and the management were trying to get out of the long haul CPH programme.

To me, theres no point in finding replacement a/c if there is no work to operate.

FJE1 seems to be kidding themselves....

SAM 2M
11th Apr 2007, 05:19
1/Firstly I do think there will be flying for Flyjet - perhaps even with a larger fleet in due course.:D
2/ THE OTHERONE. Your English grammar is very poor - nay lamentable- in recent posts. It is tiring to read and constitutes a barely punctuated rambling rant that has very poor grammar.
Please try to come up for air.:\
It also seriously dents and ruins the credibility of anything you would like to be taken seriously. :ugh:
It is axiomatic that you will enhance your 'street cred' with an accurate lexicon and correct sentence construction.:eek:
It really is is no good rambling along on one breath of some sort of enraged fit of peek. :=
The pen is mightier than the sword.:ok:
SAM 2M:ok:

Abbeville
11th Apr 2007, 07:19
Quote: Your English grammer is very poor

Now I am having a bit of a dull day here but tell me that you are taking the wee-wee in YOUR quote about grammar (amongst other boo-boos)?

If so I will go and stick my head back in the sand :}

Brian Fantana
11th Apr 2007, 08:23
SAM 2M

It is - Sentence. :p

Glass houses and stones spring to mind.

SAM 2M
11th Apr 2007, 11:53
Thanks Abbeville & Brian

Thanks for your corrections & please accept my apologies for the typos.

I was too tired to spell check after 1 1/2 weeks down route on an out of kilter circadian rhythm. Normally I would spell check.

My mistake was to post after commanding a jet over several thousand miles and therefore feeling tired.

However I am sure most readers will understand my point.

The sort of things I am getting at - usually found in the most ranting posts - are a seeming inability at any sort of grammar or sentence construction.

For example:
How many times do ranting types say?
aircrafts
crafts
thier.
A poor side of PPrune occurs when a complete post appears in one long ramble with no full stops.

Take this quote from earlier in the post as an example:

errr right HO ,
leases can be easily got out of, i have inside knowledge of these leases being cancelled, thank you. Apperently silverjet have paid an early cancelation fee but that was cheaper than paying for rooms they dont need and they are activlatly seeking ways out of the summer work as the flyjet operation is a drain on their limited resources for their own business expansion. msg me if you need to know more as its not fair to the good crew who work there.The odd typo is not so bad.

fje1
11th Apr 2007, 12:37
sunnygirl (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=154414) vbmenu_register("postmenu_3223586", true);

We have heard all this rubbish before that the crew will be kept informed and that meetings will be arranged etc, etc, etc and it has came to nothing at all. :yuk:
The majority of the LGW crew have got jobs starting in May so do you really think that there will be anyone there to meet with? :ugh: Now how convienient was that????? :ouch:

Meetings will be in place for NCL & MAN

happychap
11th Apr 2007, 14:18
FJE1 looks like you to have turned your back on LGW!

WHAT IS HAPPENING AT LGW??????????

We have not had a word of thanks or any support during the winter it has not been easy doing the long haul there have been some very difficult situations and on top of everything we have all been worrying about our jobs. There has been no managment input or structure, I think the CAA would be very unhappy with what has been happening!

It makes us sick that recruitment has taken place for NCL and MAN and we are about to be pushed out.

It makes us sick that Silverjet have been given a wage increase but FJE have not.

It appears that you have been bought by SilverJet with their motto
"Use them, abuse them them, then S### on them" after all we are disposable and do not deserve to be treated like adults

happychap
11th Apr 2007, 19:36
The problem is that we all know what they say and do are two very different things. Pity LGW was not mentioned!

lgwechobravo
12th Apr 2007, 08:41
I think all those staff left at Flyjet are coming to face the fact that the end is near. No matter if the management do set up meetings at FJE's 2 existing bases, many staff see it as too late and do not trust their superiors.

I have said it before and will say it again, the Silverjet team could have something good with a little but of effort and investment. Independant charter companies seem to be in demand these days - look at AEU who seem to do very well. Although with the mergers of TCX/MYT and FCA/TOM will there be scope for more UK charter companies?

Good Luck - hope all works out, would love to see FJE continue and another season for the crew in Thailand!!!!!!

fje1
13th Apr 2007, 11:17
QUOTE HAPPYCHAP
FJE1 looks like you to have turned your back on LGW!

WHAT IS HAPPENING AT LGW??????????

We have not had a word of thanks or any support during the winter it has not been easy doing the long haul there have been some very difficult situations and on top of everything we have all been worrying about our jobs. There has been no managment input or structure, I think the CAA would be very unhappy with what has been happening!

It makes us sick that recruitment has taken place for NCL and MAN and we are about to be pushed out.

It makes us sick that Silverjet have been given a wage increase but FJE have not.

It appears that you have been bought by SilverJet with their motto
"Use them, abuse them them, then S### on them" after all we are disposable and do not deserve to be treated like adults............

- As you know LGW will be closing from April 30th 2007 and all crew have had letters regarding this and been able to contact Flyjet about this.

I will say thank you for support over the winter with doing your job your paid to do.

Recruitment has happened in MAN & NCL but you where given the option to move bases or interview for Silverjet.

Yes Silverjet have given their crews a pay increase and I am looking into that regarding the Flyjet side. But as Silverjet do hold separate contracts then this may be allowed.

I have NOT been bought by the Silverjet motto they pay my wages and if Flyjet was to go I would probably have no job also.
It is a shame LGW has gone but my job is to now focus on NCL & MAN.

I come on hear with information I have and try to help people such as yourself. :rolleyes:

flyinghigh81
15th Apr 2007, 17:46
FJE1, yes, LGW crew were offered transfers to MAN & NCL - hundreds of miles away from where they live, many of the LGW crew own houses,have partners and families in the south to consider so MAN or NCL are not an option.

Many of the crew have gone for interviews at silverjet but it is obvious they do not want the majority of flyjet crew as hardly anyone has actually got a job there. Silverjet are missing out on some fantastic crew.

An email was sent with questions and answers from the one meeting held at LGW discusssing everything.this is the last that was heard.

MAN & NCL will no doubt be gone in a few months and I suggest all the crew get a job somewhere where you will be treated with respect before you end up in the same position as LGW crew and flight crew all get shafted to silverjet on a permanent basis.

fje1
17th Apr 2007, 15:16
If Flyjet did not become Silverjet when it did then Flyjet would not be here now and would have been bankrupt last year.

Yes its sad LGW has gone and MAN & NCL where an option or interviews with Silverjet.

Crews DID have interviews and crew HAVE moved bases.

Crews where not told they have to move basis therefore those who did not want to move have been made redundant.

These things happen and will continue to happen. Its not anyones fault its one of them things.

If Manchester or Newcastle went first they would be in the same situation as Gatwick. It just happened these 2 bases had contracted work to complete. Its all business and money to airlines and the bases that will bring the money in are obviously going to be kept open.
If Flyjet did have more aircraft then who knows what would have happened. But they dont the facts are obvious.

Adelez
17th Apr 2007, 16:58
Do the other flyjet bases have contracted work past the winter of this year? are flyjet currently looking for new aircraft to replace the ones leaving in october? - just curious?,I am cabin crew for Thomas Cook, but flew with flyjet from newcastle to tenerife a few weeks ago, was a fantastic flight, ok the aircraft isn't the most modern, but gets you from A to B, crew were great, excellent customer service, happy etc. Really would be a shame to see the end of what could potentially be a basis of a good strong little charter company. Fingers crossed flyjet stick around! shame alot of people speak negatively of them, couldn't fault them myself. Keep us updated!! Good Luck! :)

lgwechobravo
17th Apr 2007, 20:13
As far as crews were aware the following contracts were in place for Flyjet,

NCL - 3 year contract with XL Aviation. Started for Summer 2006, to continue through to end of Winter 08/09 (3 years). However with XL aviation no longer offering winter flights next winter from NCL then contract would appeat to no longer exist. Is NCL therefore the next to go at the end of this summer, IMHO I think it probably will??? Shame, NCL crew were some of the most customer service minded, enthusiatic people I have ever flown with - certainly customer reviews praise them.

MAN - Like NCL XL aviation contract. So summer work is available and then for winter a/c goes to CPH for longhaul programme, again a 3 year contract. The longhaul appeared to be a very heavy manpower user and exspensive so will the company try and bin it??

Hopefully the Silverjet board will continue the flyjet brand on and make it something successful and something to be proud of.

All depends on wether new a/c can be sourced at such good deals as EA and EB were signed on. Very unlikely as both a/c were acquired during the industry slump, where lease rates were alot cheaper than now.

I would of loved to stay at FJE, but t'was not to be!!!!

Adelez
18th Apr 2007, 08:42
Ah well, thats a shame if true. we need more airlines at NCL, there is definately the potential and demand for routes! only so many palma and alicante flights we can offer :ugh:!! Some airlines/ tour operators don't release there flights until 6 months beofre though, lots can change between now and october, be optimistic any flyjeters out there! like i said i thought the service and crew were excellent on my flight, and you would be a credit to any other airline shoudl flyjet be no more, put others to shame im sure!!
Is there not then the possibility flyjet will operate winter at man and the ncl a/c (if replaced) do the longhaul?

Gonzola
20th Apr 2007, 09:40
Are FlyJet still flying to Thailand and fo which charter company?
Are they based in Thailand or England
How is the situation in the company, no risk for canceled operations

Please update the situation anyone

fje1
20th Apr 2007, 14:54
Long haul program finishes next week.

Busy summer programs

Probably no long haul this winter not to sure as of yet.

another couple of months of no infomation will probably be the key then more info realesed july/august.

transwede
19th Jul 2007, 09:45
Flyjet seem to have hit the headlines up here in NCL a couple of times earlier in the summer, but most recently seem to be running a very smooth and punctual operation.

With the takeover by Silverjet (was this for FJE AOC?) what is to become of Flyjet. The last discussion on pprune a while ago said both their aircraft were to be returned to lessor at the end of the year, so obviously new aircraft will need to be sourced if there is a future for them. I personally think that Flyjet could become a small, niche charter company, much like AEU started off - given a bit of focus?

lukeylad
19th Jul 2007, 10:34
I hope they do get some more aircraft sourced soon. It would be a shame to see them go. As much as they have been in the headlines of late they have done pretty well for them selves out of NCL.

Could we please not turn this thread into a flyjet bashing thread as the last few have become.

NCL1
19th Jul 2007, 14:57
theres always so much speculation goes round about flyjet and there future - i never no what to believe! the latest i heard was that xla were selling 2 767-200's to jet2, next i heard fje were buying them?!
Only tihng i would question is i dont tihnk there would be the work for them out of ncl after they finish the xl contract?! with all the mergers etc cant really see who else would use them from ncl?! maybe there will be work for them from other uk airports but dont really see it from ncl at present, will be a shame to see them go, flew with them twice since they came to newcastle and both were great flights.
silverjet seem to be doing ok though so good look to them!
not much longer to go if it is the end for those working at fje :bored: best of luck to them!

CentreFix25
19th Jul 2007, 17:19
Given the fact they don't seem to be doing anything for anybody come the Winter season, leads me to only one conclusion.

take-off
20th Jul 2007, 08:25
It will be a great shame if flyjet goes, flew with them last september to tenerife, service was excellent, Left on time crew great, friendly dishy pilot too to cap it off!!!(certainly made this 30 something poofs hightlight!:ok:) pity bit more focus by silverjet on this side could bring them some/ if not alot of revenue, would seem though thats not their intention, a great shame, could(should) be a great little airline...

crewboi1
26th Jul 2007, 18:21
I have heard that ONE Flyjet 757 will be leaving the fleet after October which will be G-FJEA leaving Newcastle with ZERO aircraft after looking on the XL website all flights change from FJE to XLA nearing the end of October where as at Manchester they remain FJE.
G-FJEB will most probably operate Ad-hoc work through the winter with Manchester crew until this leaves in February.
Next summer season all Newcastle FJE flights are now XLA - XL and KM - Air Malta.
At Manchester all flight codes remain XLATBA.
This looks like the end for Flyjet Newcastle and a uncertain future for Manchester.
Hopefully Flyjet will release some more info soon. After the move of offices to Manchester is this a good move for the company or false promises again.

Again many things going around that they have 2 aircrafts from XL. Dunno if this is 767-200's as Silverjet will probably snap them up before they allow Flyjet to have them.

transwede
26th Jul 2007, 19:53
Is it not possible that the management at Flyjet, I read somewhere a very experienced team are now looking after FJE, are keeping things for the future close to their chest? It could be true that aircraft have been sourced from XL or an alternative and that work has been secured. Remember when FJE first started not many people knew what they were about and they picked up very unusual work on behalf of other airlines.

It indeed would be a shame to see them disappear, as someone has pointed out. They have had a fair few positive reviews, their crew and onboard service certainly seem to shine through, though their technical dispatch rate is a little poor. Let us all bear in mind that if they do go, people will loose jobs, which is never a good thing.

What happened to their 3 year contract in CPH, has another airline picked up this long haul work?

sunnygirl
27th Jul 2007, 11:52
Don't forget that all the LGW crew lost their jobs in May!
This is the same story all over again. All this top secret stuff is a load of C**p.
The managment have not got a clue and hope that enough crew will stupidly believe what they are saying that there is a future at Flyjet. Then they will all be let go without even a thank you.
If it is anything like LGW the crew will have to wait months for their final pay which they got wrong for nearly all the crew and they had to fight for it and then wait even longer for their P45's.
Security was a laugh, they did not care if anyone handed back their ID's and did not want the uniform back. The aircraft keys and SEP manuals were not collected. No one bothered it was your are finished and out!
All the crew still have their complete uniform, crew bags, suitcases and SEP manuals!!!
To the crew in NCL or MAN, you know what is going to happen so make sure you have another job and don't think it will not happen to you, just look at LGW.

mightymouse111
27th Jul 2007, 20:06
Lets not be negative too quickly. Look at what is happening at the charter market in the UK(and lets presume that SJ management are doing the same), the four big companies are merging to form 2. By simply reading other threads I can see that there are rumours around saying that some of these 4 companies are planning on getting rid of aircraft, aircraft that flyjet could get their hands on, but I suppose only after the summer season, just in time for when there's go back. What will also happen from these mergers, routes will be given up! Therefore which charter company is going to pick them up?
I think we are in very interesting times at the moment, this could be very very good news for flyjet, but it will all depend upon what the other airlines do and if the Silverjet management believe that Flyjet can make money.

This could be the opportunity Flyjet has been waiting for!

Adelez
28th Jul 2007, 13:32
I totally agree! and have flown with them twice on holiday in the past and the service was excellent. I believe with a few newer aircraft flyjet could put many other airlines to shame! maybe they will return to adhoc work in the future, it is sad what happend to there cabin crews from LGW, does this mean that the same will happen at there other bases?

sunnygirl
28th Jul 2007, 13:45
None of this is going to make a blind bit of difference for Flyjet it's days are numbered.

Silverjet never wanted Flyjet, they wanted the AOC and the aircraft, they have made this quite clear. Flyjet is a thorn in their side. They do not want a charter outfit around their neck, it does not fit into their plans in any shape or form.

It's a pity that they do not have the balls to come out and say this once and for all. However, this will never happen as their track record has shown they do not let anyone know anything -even office staff and people that should be included in the loop because they think they are above everyone, do not need to answer to anyone or any organisation (including important one - no names mentioned) and looking down their nose at everyone in their ivory tower.

It looks like the ivory tower has developing some cracks, just wait and see when it shakes a little who is going to fall out. Any guesses?

transwede
28th Jul 2007, 16:09
NCL would appear to be winding down earlier as flights seem to have been handed back to XL, come mid-october.
What a pity...could be a great little airline:ugh:

sunnygirl
28th Jul 2007, 20:34
Heard through the grape line that Zoom will be doing the winter longhaul programme this year for Scanways

cuerdley1989
29th Jul 2007, 01:47
Hope that Flyjet continue in business. Flew with them from Manchester to Dalaman and return earlier this month and had no problem with them.
Flew on G-FJEB both ways and had very smooth flights and excellent on board service. Complimentary breakfast on the way out, which we were not expecting, and it was very tasty. Cabin crew were very friendly.
Female pilot on the outbound flight was very informative and the landing back at Manchester in atrocious weather was extremely smooth.
FJEB is showing its age very badly inside and the legroom was terrible, but these were the only negatives.
I, for one, sincerely hope they survive.

TechProblem
31st Jul 2007, 09:03
Well, Flyjet this year is a hell of alot better than Flyjet last year.

Last year the program was far to full for the age of the a/c's this year that has been sorted out, hence alot less deley's.

If you were to look at the performance record from this year to last i think you would see less depatures this year, but a hell of alot of more ontime depatures.

With the SilverJet money behind Flyjet, Flyjet dont have to run the a/c into the ground (so to speak).

This year was all about 'can Flyjet make money' thats all Silverjet are looking at.

It seems to me LGW was losing far to much money so they got rid (higher landing fee, handlings fee's and so on).

So if Flyjet come out with a profit at the end of summer then Silverjet would be stupid to get rid. Lose money then I see the worst.

TSR2
31st Jul 2007, 19:15
A hell of a lot more on time departures ......... Not much comfort for the passengers on this mornings MAN - SSH ..... delayed until tomorrow.

lukeylad
31st Jul 2007, 23:42
NCL-TFS delayed from 10.00 got away at 23.00ish i think.

Just watched the BBC news and for f**ks sake how the hell can an airline help if a part of the engine!!

crewboi83
1st Aug 2007, 00:00
FJE to TFS got away at 0020... so will see what time it gets back 2mor, will have a knock on effect for 2moros flight????

lukeylad
1st Aug 2007, 00:19
Yes it will have a knock on effect. Just as i was leaving work it was showing as INDEF delay.

A 752 is covering for them from euroatlantic and is covering tomorrows flight.

transwede
1st Aug 2007, 10:05
To me it cannot be blamed on FJE if a part did indeed fall off the engine and cause damage. Could this not happen to any other airline with any other aircraft type?

Media and passengers need to realise that it is peak summer and airlines do not have spare aircraft just sitting around waiting to step in, hence finding an alternative is a challenge and will inevitably cause delays. With only 2 aircraft operating the charter side of the business, I suspect that profits at FJE are very delicate and so they have to do the best with the resources and finances available.

Numerous comments in the media about scrapping the aircraft, or 'they should have newer aircraft' are ridiculous. What new small airline operating within the volatile charter market can afford brand new aircraft from the likes of Boeing and Airbus? None.

Mention also needs to be made, that not once this summer has other airlines been covered in the media for delays, and NCL has had a fair few big ones!

Tech problem are FLYJET actually making money? And even if they are will SJ keep it going. It has been written on this forum that all SJ were interested in was the FJE AOC, so what would make them keep a charter division going? If they did, maybe a re-branding would be a good idea?

TechProblem
1st Aug 2007, 10:52
A hell of a lot more on time departures ......... Not much comfort for the passengers on this mornings MAN - SSH ..... delayed until tomorrow.

The a/c in questiom (EB) went into the Mytravel hanger at around 21:00 on 30th for maintance. I dont know what happened while it was in there but they found something very wrong.

This has been there first major deley for a while, last year it was every week. As trans has said, with the summer season in full swing another a/c is very hard to come by, Travelcity Direct an airline sometime used by Flyjet are also 24 hours behind atm...

As for SilverJet just wanting the aoc, i think thats rubbish, why take an airline in debt and having a 'Bad name' aloing side a new all business carrier?

As for making cash, Fje1 is the person to talk to.

Name change (Bronzejet) :rolleyes:

Banzai Eagle
1st Aug 2007, 18:26
tech problem, with Silverjet money behind them?. One would suspect with their second 767 grounded for 8 weeks the money flow may not be as good as one would hope ??

aidoair
1st Aug 2007, 21:25
Just a note its actually the first aircraft of Silverjet that is having the unexpected maintenance. The second one (ex Thomsonfly) is covering the flights for this aircraft hence the second daily flight to New York being cancelled.

sunnygirl
3rd Aug 2007, 16:06
Question:
As for SilverJet just wanting the aoc, i think thats rubbish, why take an airline in debt and having a 'Bad name' aloing side a new all business carrier?

Answer:
The reason they did that was because SJ had been in talks with FJ for a while and if FJ would have gone bust (which they would have done) then SJ would not have been able to start up.
Look back at the quotes at the beginning when they were bragging that they started sooner than planned and the ammount of money they had saved by using FJ 767.

fje1
4th Aug 2007, 20:04
TechProblem - As for making cash, Fje1 is the person to talk to.

Thanks for that TechProblem :D haven't been on here much over the past few months.

still can't say much as no decision has been made about Flyjet.

-All I can say is EA Newcastle & EB- Manchester will leave the fleet over the next few months, the first EA leaving October/November time.

- Flyjet Does not have any winter program what so ever and if we do fly over the winter will most probably only be Ad-hoc coverage.

-Flyjet has made a profit over the summer but after consideration with what we would lose this winter there is not enough profit for expansion.

-Both EA & EB will have there cabins improved to a much higher standard over the next week or so.

- Flyjet is still actively looking for replacement aircrafts.

- A decision is imminent, and will be release shortly.

SCANDIC
5th Aug 2007, 19:48
Hi everyone does anybody know what aircraft Flyjet are looking for.:)

spencer-owen
6th Aug 2007, 07:55
Hi Scandic, I am sure they wil be looking for the 757 type planes again.......do you have any up your sleeve to give them.....

SCANDIC
6th Aug 2007, 09:58
Hi Spencer Owen, i wish that i did have some to give them, maybe they could get something like 767-300's. Iwould love to know how much money they have made over the summer season. I read on here that they were rufurbishing the aircraft over the next week or so but i don't see much point in that if their going to get rid of them. I can't wait to hear the outcome of all of this.:)

transwede
6th Aug 2007, 12:20
Can't see the viability of the current FJE fleet being modernised in the cabin if they are only going to be operating the charter programme for 2.5 months more, unless there is a clause in their lease contract which dictates the condition they must be returned in?

It is a shame to see an airline suffering like Flyjet, when the go smoothly everything seems to be fine and indeed research on various internet sites leads to the conclusion that their onboard service is of a very high standard, with many positive and praising comments. However, the likelihood of seeing them continue is very doubtful, with no firm flying programme arranged how can they make money during the difficult winter months and next summers contracts are already in the process of being agreed?!

I like seeing them at NCL and they provide local people with jobs and are an extra contract for Servisair!

I did hear a rumour that some new start up was interested in getting assistance from FJE?

SCANDIC
6th Aug 2007, 13:52
That could be a very good thing if another airline were to get assistance from Flyjet. We just have to keep our fingers and toes crossed the there will be a good outcome.:)

SCANDIC
7th Aug 2007, 16:39
Has anyone heard anything on the future of Flyjet.

Powerjet1
8th Aug 2007, 06:25
A release today, to the stock exchange, also showing on Silverjet's website, confirms that no additional aircraft will be acquired for flyjet, and that there will be a cessation of all flyjet charters from 31 October 07.

gatwicknose
8th Aug 2007, 08:28
Congrats to Mr Evans for his handling of the situation...the way in which the faintest rumour of flyjet continuing was perpetuated was artful to say the least..it was pretty obvious that silver was the only jet they cared about!!

befree
8th Aug 2007, 08:47
It seems that silverjet has ripped off everyone. It should have been expanding quickly and adding routes. It took another £22 million from investors at the peak of its share price and then failed to deliver any growth. It is reported that its first annual accounts would be out at the start of june. They still have not been publsihed. It is only running 1 return flight to newark as its original plane has structral problems. I suspect Silverjet is burning cash very fast to build trade so that it could run luton - Newark twice per day.
It may be two airlines taken out by 1 set of managers within a year. They will be getting well paid for doing so.

TOPFLIGHT
8th Aug 2007, 10:22
So any clues what happens to the Flyjet crews from 31st of Oct ? Do they get a transfer to Silverjet or made redundant ?

fje1
8th Aug 2007, 11:27
Sorry guys can't say anything but sorry. There crap. all can do better without Flyjet..

Brian Fantana
8th Aug 2007, 11:41
I'm guessing the flightdeck crew will keep their jobs with Silverjet but be Luton based and the cabin crew surplus to requirements as Silverjet have been running their own cabin crew recruitment at Luton.
A real shame for those loyal FJE employees, it could have and should have been good like the first 2 years when it started. Week Cyprus trips - say no more!!

CentreFix25
8th Aug 2007, 17:54
You'd like to think the more intelligent members of staff have been searching for new jobs before now, there are yet undiscovered tribes in the Brazilian rain forest who saw this coming.

sunnygirl
8th Aug 2007, 19:16
Well at least they have given more notice than they did to LGW crew.
SJ shares are still falling, a lot of people will be very worried now with the money they could possibly lose.

I do feel sorry for the SJ crew and the investors but as to the managment they are getting what they deserve - what goes around comes around- maybe we may see LH PE, and MB in the line to sign on :):):)

Is this the end???????

spantheman
8th Aug 2007, 19:24
I was on the very first FJE Course in MAN and went on to set up the NCL Base.I have to say that first summer was the most fun I've ever had flying.It's so sad that it never reached it's potential in the niche charter market.,Fantastic flightdeck and cabin crew , c**p aircraft!
Good luck to the crew finding new jobs,and it was a pleasure flying with you all.:D

SCANDIC
8th Aug 2007, 19:58
Hi everyone i really hope that it isn't the end of the line for Flyjet, its a shame that no one else could come in straighten flyjet out, it could be a massive charter airline it just needs a bit of effort putting in.:sad:

transwede
10th Aug 2007, 03:18
Good luck to all FJE staff. A shame to see this happen to an airline, especially with such smart and retro looking crews!

Hope Silverjet don't regret ending it for Flyjet, especially if they are making a profit in the charter market, which is no easy task.

All the best :O

spencer-owen
10th Aug 2007, 08:23
First of all TRANSWEDE many thanks for your kind words at a time of great loss for all of the Flyjet crews, and thanks for all the other kind words that others have mentioned on here about the Flyjet crews.

It is such a shock when you get the dreaded letter saying that you wont have a job after 1st October at NCL or 4th October MAN.......

A particular song springs to mind over the whole subjet and it goes something like this " and so the end is near, its time to face the final curtain"

Maybe another LOCO airline or any other airline will offer the Flyjet crew work in the near future.....who knows.....we live in hope..............

SCANDIC
10th Aug 2007, 08:55
I think its terrible how they have just let a decent charter airline go down the pan. I hope that Silverjet get what they deserve.

fje1
10th Aug 2007, 16:38
It is a great shame that Flyjet will leave the charter network.
But for all Flyjet crews keep in mind Flyjet did end up with a bad reputation esp in Newcastle with the undeserved news press. Flyjet did make profit for 2007 but not enough to survive the loss of the winter 2007/2008 or fund expansion of newer aircraft. ( :mad: so i've been told )

It has been a great pleasure to work at Flyjet especially with the crews and I will now also be leaving Flyjet and have no intention of staying at Silverjet.
All I can say is all Flyjet crew will most probably be kept on file in case someone with enough money comes along to set up another airline with a different name. WINK WINK..
hopefully
Watch this space. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adelez
11th Aug 2007, 08:42
shame! same hapened to me when working for a spanish charter company few years back - never nice situation to be in.
good luck those of you at flyjet - sounds positive still tho fje1?!

TechProblem
11th Aug 2007, 08:56
Oh well, im sad to say i was wrong, SilverJet are s**t's.
Losing money over the winter was out of there hands and they weould have know how much cash they would make over the summer.

So to say its is becasue of the bad winter program sounds a bit silly.
Flyjet have had the best summer since ive dealt with them and if SliverJet had carried through the winter (although that have been subject to excel?) Im sure they have made money again.

Maybe it is because they could not find another charatar company to sell there seats, or the a/c had been sold along time ago and the writing was already on the wall.

Anyway been great to work with all the FlyJet Crews out of Man, good luck to you all. :ok:

transwede
11th Aug 2007, 10:18
I take it from FJE1's post that there is something possibly in the pipeline? Any chance it could once again involve NCL?

crewboi1
11th Aug 2007, 12:31
Chief executive Lawrence Hunt said the fall was overdone as chartered airlines was not its main business. "There is an overreaction. We acquired Flyjet to get licences and it had a Boeing 767 lease on advantageous lease rates, saving us $1m (£500,000) a year. It also had a full crew of pilots and enabled us to accelerate our launch and cut down on start-up costs."

SAYS IT ALL DON'T YOU THINK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/08/09/cnsilverjet109.xml

SCANDIC
11th Aug 2007, 21:08
Whats this i hear about something else in the pipeline. Does anybody know where the 2 757s will be going after their Flyjet lease.:ooh:

flyinghigh81
11th Aug 2007, 21:12
Flyjet had some great crew over the time and i hope everyone in ncl and man is out getting good jobs lined up. Its a shame its come to this but after what happened to those of us at LGW Im not surprised. Think we all knew all along Silverjet were only after the 767 and aoc.
Good luck to everyone

Pin Head
12th Aug 2007, 09:04
So where have all the pilots gone too?

Brian Fantana
12th Aug 2007, 09:13
Scandic - 757 going to fedex to be refitted as cargo planes.
Pinhead - Pilots kept on by Silverjet but down at a LTN basing. Guess there will be a few not wanting to do that and will jumpship and go elsewhere.

steve platt
12th Aug 2007, 16:21
Good luck to all you flyjet crew out there. Hope you all find new jobs easily. I will miss you travelling on my buses. all the best.

Ballymoss
12th Aug 2007, 22:08
gatwicknose,
Nice to see someone who can see right through PE's grade A BS.:mad::mad:
The anonimity of this forum (for fear of retribution or post removal) prevents
one from saying what I would dearly love to publicly!! Let's hope airlines and
Mr E are not allowed to mix again.........EVER:ooh:
Rgds
The Moss:ok:

gatwicknose
13th Aug 2007, 10:40
Say it as I see it.... Pure and simple aquisition of FJE for the AOC.... theres quite a bit nepotism going on ay SJE with jobs for the boys being handed out in quite a few areas... I also hear that there is a very large law suit heading SJEs way from Flyfirstclass who paid deposits and bought equipment heading well over a million USD.... only to be circumvented when FJE were bought.... personally very sad to see FJE go...although at times working with them was totally crazy...it was like the airline biz used to be, when it was hands on and fun.... good luck to all those ex FJE guys and gals.....u deserved a lot better....

Mr Angry from Purley
13th Aug 2007, 17:49
"Boeing 767 lease on advantageous lease rates, saving us $1m (£500,000) a year"
But how much is it costing sitting on a Hanger in Dublin for the next 5 weeks!
:\

SCANDIC
13th Aug 2007, 20:35
I really think that Flyjet should of kept going they should of sourced some bigger aircraft with a longer range. I bet that there are plenty of 767- 300's out there. They gave up to easily on what could of been a fantastic success with the right amount of aircraft, its very sad to hear that they are officailly ceasing operations. Something similar happened with the charter airline Air Scandic.:{

gatwicknose
14th Aug 2007, 08:11
There is a shortage of cheap to lease B767 aircraft right now..look at silverjet/maxjet/UKIA...all of them have really had to scrape the bottom of the deepest barrels to find even these flying donkeys....

theotherone
14th Aug 2007, 13:57
so sorry for all the crew, but i have been telling you all this was going to happen for a year now. good luck guys!

SCANDIC
14th Aug 2007, 16:31
Yeah thats true about there being a shortage of 767's. Has anyone heard the rumour the jet2 might be getting a couple of 767's they reckon that they will be coming excel airways does anyone know anymore about this and will b757-200 lsad ever get painted up cos i prefer it in the white colour scheme. Also are the Mytravel 767's definantely going this winter it would be a shame to see them disappear from the fleet.

SAM 2M
15th Aug 2007, 02:51
Don't forget.............

It is worth noting that FLYJET is not out yet. It is still the AOC holder for Silverjet. In otherwords FLYJET still flies as an airline carrying the SILVERJET Brand.

All Silverjet flights are code FJE

SCANDIC
15th Aug 2007, 22:15
Yeah thats a very good point thank you for that. Maybe they might start the charter flights again at some point never say never.:)

ric180880
16th Aug 2007, 11:21
At some point Flyjet's AOC will change to Silverjet and the flight numbers will change. It was the same with BY and Thomsonfly, the flights still had BY codes and AOC was Britannia, but it just takes time for them to change it. The Flyjet name will disappear at some point.

SCANDIC
20th Aug 2007, 20:42
Its very sad that Flyjet will disappear for forever and ever. I still think that something could of been done to prevent this happening.:{

Delta 8
20th Aug 2007, 21:21
Its very sad that Flyjet will disappear for forever and ever.

I doubt those passengers who endured massive delays on behalf of Flyjet over the weekend would agree. :rolleyes:

spencer-owen
20th Aug 2007, 21:26
Delta 8, are you saying that flyjet are the only airline at NCL who have had delayed passengers, well if you are its about time you looked at the arrivals and depatrure boards for the other loco airlines and you would have seen substancial delays with them as well, and i am not just talking a few hours of delays either........

Delta 8
20th Aug 2007, 22:05
spencer-owen
are you saying that flyjet are the only airline at NCL who have had delayed passengers

If you read the post, thats exactly what i'm not saying. What I am saying, is that those unfortunate people who lost a day of their holiday and experienced substantial delays won't be to apprehensive about the termination of Flyjet. As sad as it maybe :sad:

SCANDIC
21st Aug 2007, 22:20
Yeah maybe so but not every airline can be perfect all the time even some of the biggest airlines experience problems thats life i'm afraid, in the airline industry things can change in a split second.:{

SCANDIC
27th Aug 2007, 22:38
Could anybody tell me if Flyjet have had their 757's refurbished yet because i have seen fjea at Man yesterday and today and i wondered if it was covering for fjeb while it was being refurbished. They haven't got long to go now until they pack up. Does anybody know how the Silverjet 767 is doing with its structural problems and how come they didn't go for 767-300's instead of 200's.:)

TechProblem
28th Aug 2007, 21:10
Nope, EB just tech. EA oped the Flight to DLM, and EB Poss up to NCL later that day.

IainB
29th Aug 2007, 13:03
Due to go out to TFS next Tues and more than a little concerned about the tech delays. Flew twice with FlyJet out of NCL last year, with no bothers - except getting dripped on during landing! Aisle seats suffered badly with water dripping off (non-functioning) TV's.

This year seems to have been beset with tech probs, roughly one biggie a month since May. 'Er indoors will not be pleased if we're delayed!!:{

SCANDIC
29th Aug 2007, 14:17
They haven't had much luck with fjeb this summer considering that there are alot of aircraft around about same age alot of the other airlines haven't had many problems with their 75's. I don't think that the aircraft get enough down time maybe they should have a c check or they could be due one shortly.:)

Adelez
29th Aug 2007, 16:33
IainB you could well be delayed with any airline flying anywhere in the world! :hmm: **** happens huni.

IainB
30th Aug 2007, 08:19
True enough and I'm not about to gib over an hour or so. BA had us on the ground at NCL for an hour and a half a few years back, due to stacking issues at LHR. However 10 or 12 hours seems a bit excessive and would result in sense of humour failure - especially as the airline knows about their planes tendency to go tech.

NCL1
30th Aug 2007, 15:01
well fingers crossed you don't get delayed :)

everything seems to be back on track for them at ncl at mo!

jojo82
30th Aug 2007, 21:35
they seem to be ok at man at the moment, not too many delays this summer unlike thomas cook and monarch. think there has only been 1 major delay last month wen FOD went thru engine and needed new blades. not sure how ncl are doing thou ;)

transwede
31st Aug 2007, 17:51
NCL seems to have suffered quite a bit this summer, it all seemed to start with a well publicised delay to SSH, however I do believe this was not due to tech. Since then they have had a few problems, again well puclicised, but I think the local press seem to have some kind of vendetta against poor Flyjet. I'm sure they won't find it so rewarding now, knowing local jobs are getting lost.

NCL seemed to be operating very well during the first 12 months, certainly delays were few and far between last summer and winter just gone. That was a vast improvement on previous flyjet stats. Passenger reaction seemed to be positive, though not sure what it is like now.

Just reading through some of the usual flight review sights on the internet, one thing always stands out positively and that is the Flyjet crew - so well done, hopefully Silverjet want some of those decent crew's?!!!!

ROSSKi MYT
2nd Sep 2007, 21:04
Shame To See Flyjet Go. I Flew With Them Last Year And Ok Had A 3hr Delay But Thats Just Life. I Found Them A Very Good And To Be Honest They Are One Of The Better Airlines Around Today. Shame To see Them Come To An End:(

IainB
20th Sep 2007, 11:19
All went well with flights to and from TFS.

Planes on time, no probs with service, excellent crew. Shame the airplanes let the people down, the crew were the stars of the outfit.:)

diesel862
20th Sep 2007, 15:06
IainB

You hit the nail on the head - some of the finest individuals to work with (crew and pilots wise). Management were complete idiots.

SCANDIC
20th Sep 2007, 22:18
Flyjet will be leasing 2 xl France a320's next month whilst the 757's are in maintenance and then their being flown to america for conversion to freighters most likely Fed Ex will get hold of them, i wonder where they will be serviced and who by. Its still a shame that flyjet are finishing they could of done very well for themselves with reliable aircraft.

Skipness One Echo
23rd Sep 2007, 01:46
Anyone remind me when the B757s stop flying? Am I right in thinking that G-FJEA is Manchester and ' EB at Newcastle? Would be keen to shoot some more photos one last time.

Cheers

transwede
23rd Sep 2007, 10:14
Last ever FJE operated 757 service will be NCL-ACE-NCL on 4 October, to be operated by GFJEA. EB's last service will be NCL-SSH-NCL on 30 September. Sad really, hope the crew and staff find alternative employment. From reviews they are highly rated among UK Charter companies air crews.

SCANDIC
23rd Sep 2007, 13:54
I was really hoping that Flying would keep going as a charter airline it can't be that hard to find other aircraft there again it depends how much money they can afford to kit them out, i work at Mancheter and they have been quite reliable this summer i can only remember one time when they had big problems and that was about 8 weeks ago, does anyone if it is definite that they will become freighters, how come they have swapped aircraft at Manchetster and Newcastle, i would of liked to of seen that 767 that they bought in full Flyjet colours bugger.:)

CentreFix25
23rd Sep 2007, 18:26
The FlyJet people (excluding crew) knew what the future was to bring, and thats why they seemed to be not overly bothered by some of the big delays. They didn't need to worry too much about their reputation, since it is all coming to an end really soon anyway. Any remote chance of rekindling FJE (don't think there was any really) went this Summer when they did a good job (with the BBCs help) of killing their reputation for good.

fje1
24th Sep 2007, 17:19
last flights will be

Monday 1st October 2007

G-FJEB 0530 NCL - CFU - BFS 1355
1510 BFS - CFU - NCL 2340

G-FJEA is meant to operate until 4th october but I have been informed that the last flight may now be 2nd October 2007

1000 MAN - SSH - MAN 2220

if this is to change i will update.

Nato 35
5th Oct 2007, 17:25
The last 757, G-FJEA delivered to Southend today.:(

SCANDIC
6th Oct 2007, 19:27
Thank you for that piece of information can anyone tell me where fjeb has gone and whether it has flown back to the us, how long will it be until they go to Fed Ex i will be keeping tabs on both the aircraft, its such a shame that they're gone i thought that they would of found some more aircraft.:)

CentreFix25
7th Oct 2007, 09:27
I think Lasham is mentioned further up the thread.

CentreFix25
30th Nov 2007, 19:42
The End. (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1300153/L/):{

transwede
1st Dec 2007, 13:39
What a sad end for the aircraft, though atleast it will fly again soon for another operator. They were always an interesting operator, Flyjet!!:}

Africargo
11th Dec 2007, 16:27
Please can someone advise when the Flyjet 757s finally leave the UK?

transwede
11th Dec 2007, 19:17
Looking at that photo, I'd say they'll be here for a while yet - GFJEB is minus an engine, suppose the aircraft needed a bit of TLC after the trouble FJE had with them??

Is Silverjet still using AOC with Flyjet named on it or has it now changed over?

TechProblem
11th Dec 2007, 23:38
As far as im aware it has changed over. Engines were fine on EB, probably sold it :P