PDA

View Full Version : A319 TAT Probe

silentwitness
5th Jan 2007, 18:33
Hi all

Recently I had the anit-ice fail on the captains TAT probe. My question is, which TAT probe does the airbus use to determin the temp and display on the SD? If the anti-ice fails on one probe, is it disregarded and the other unit used?

Also, the Capt's TAT probe feeds ADIRS 1 & 3. Therefore, if this unit started to ice and give false readings, would the Airbus not disregard the correct ADIRS 2 TAT reading from the FO's probe and incorrectly use the false reading from the capts probe as this is feeding 2 ADIRS?

Many thanks

pullup hard
6th Jan 2007, 16:50
sw,
cannot answer your question as to which TAT probes feed SD..I would assume CAPTs.
And you are right...if ADR1+2 are incorrect, the remaining correct ADR will be blanked out and information of the 2 faulty ADR will be given to AP and FDs.
You will be hopefully ablte to recognize this with the help of your stby instruments (call it the day if your stby pitot probes are iced up)..
Go to QRH unreliable Airspeed/ADR Check procedure. Worst case is you will have to turn either 2 ADR off( preferably 1 and 2 to get rid of your wrong speed indications on both PFD) fly your memo pitch/ power values and if you have correct Alt information the best technique is to use the FPV-not to use if your Alt is incorrect!
Hope that helps a bit..
puh