PDA

View Full Version : Online or Download FMC trainer

Jinkster
5th Jan 2007, 12:11
Hi all,

Currently stuck out in AMS doing a 737NG type rating. Any ideas where i can get a 737NG FMC trainer, preferably an online download.

PDMG doesnt work on my laptop and the CBT is very basic!

HELP!!!

Jinkster

Permafrost_ATPL
5th Jan 2007, 15:51
I remember searching for that during my TR but didn't have much luckat all. You might want to look at those guys: XXXXX]. I believe you can run the software standalone (even though ultimately it's designed to run with MSFS). Not sure what the hardware specifications are though.
It's a bit strange that nobody has come up with CDU training software for the NG. It would have been very useful during the TR and the Line Training. I know the guys on the A319 course had one, but maybe it's provided by Airbus (or whoever makes the Airbus CDU).
P

.. sorry to delete some of the useful commercial URL references. However, the powers that be have to tread a tight path considering that a lot of folk pay for advertising on PPRuNe ..

lgw_warrior
5th Jan 2007, 16:05
One is available from the SAS flight academy,i know some one that did a 737-700 rating with them.could be worth a call/e-mail.

good luck

extreme P
5th Jan 2007, 18:21
Let's just say that there are various organisations which provide such services and a net search will probably find them ... John T

Jinkster
11th Jan 2007, 09:36
i dont want to pay :E

carbheatout
11th Jan 2007, 10:03
Don't work yourself up about the FMC st this stage.

Trust me, it will all make sense once you start on the line.

Good luck.

Jinkster
11th Jan 2007, 10:07
thanks, just on type rating groundschool and wanted to practice before the sims!

carbheatout
11th Jan 2007, 10:11
I appreciate your anxieties (I had them too) but the TRE will be looking for basic FMC skills when it comes to the LST like 'Direct to' and the ability to enter/set up SID's and STAR's.
Put your energy into the SOP's, handling stuff and QRH.
Best of luck with it.

FWIW In my personal experience the best training aid I used for the FMC was the 767 level D sim.

Jinkster
11th Jan 2007, 10:12
Thanks very much - advise much appreciated :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

ZAGORFLY
11th Jan 2007, 10:17
Guys anyone can help to find where to search for a FMC sim. for the A330.
there must be one since its differences from the Boeing one..
thanks

tom775257
11th Jan 2007, 15:06
SAS flight training academy produce an FMGC/MCDU trainer for the A320, A330 and A340. I have the A320 one, and it is quite cool for practice, because it also has the PFD/ND so you can fly full flights with it AP on (engine masters on, click into Flx or TOGA you take off, click into climb at thrust reduction alt etc)

Tom.

ZAGORFLY
12th Jan 2007, 05:15
SAS flight training academy produce an FMGC/MCDU trainer for the A320, A330 and A340. I have the A320 one, and it is quite cool for practice, because it also has the PFD/ND so you can fly full flights with it AP on (engine masters on, click into Flx or TOGA you take off, click into climb at thrust reduction alt etc)
Tom.

where i can find it? is in the market?
thanks