PDA

View Full Version : Touchdown

4th Jan 2007, 17:27
Hi all,

Not exactly sure if this is the right place to put this but i am just interested in how exactly you go about sorting out booking things through touchdown. There is a catagory on there marked parents of staff, i just wondered if anyone else had used this and how it worked out for them.

ANy help would be appreciated

aluminium persuader
4th Jan 2007, 19:13
If you can't see what you want online give them a call. Unless it's changed the no is 01293 425 00. It might take two or three goes but they are very, very helpful. Don't forget Journeys for your insurance - I doubt you'll find cheaper.

throw a dyce
4th Jan 2007, 19:27
I think the phone number now is 0870 7045000.Never had any trouble with Touchdown.Their web site is www.touchdown.co.uk and that will give you a lot of information.
You can fax them application forms as well.
The hotels they use are always pretty good.Watch out for some of the extras on hotels during peak periods.

eastern wiseguy
4th Jan 2007, 21:34
Journeys for your insurance

And argued like mad with me over the loss of a camera.....eventually they refused to pay despite receipts police report of loss(Dutch and British)....I avoid them like the plague...

fabs
5th Jan 2007, 09:14
I'd agree with QWERTY, used to use them all the time to visit the in-laws in South Africa. IMHO since about 18 months ago, much better deals can be found through the internet. Have a shop around first.

Barnaby the Bear
8th Jan 2007, 11:26
Journeys for your insurance

Is that the same company as Travel Staff Journeys?

eastern wiseguy
8th Jan 2007, 16:02
That was the company:yuk: :yuk:

squidge
9th Jan 2007, 17:54
FWIW Touchdown used to be excellent IMHO but recently i have struggled to get anywhere near a good price for BA tix.
An example: LHR - YVR - LHR for 2 adults
Touchdown Flyer/website price: £742 inc taxes
BA.com price: £775 inc taxes
Touchdown final price: £914 inc taxes:=
Go figure!!!:{