PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen Gentlemen

Bally Heck
15th Aug 2001, 05:09
Just revisited the thread MAN- World's LEAST (Crew) favourite airport. (Now closed (Rightly))

It makes me sad and a little ashamed the way this thread degenerated from a valid criticism of an airport and it's facilities to a slagging match of "your towns horrible and mine's much better" which wouldn't be out of place on a school playground.

Are you guys really professional pilots and ATC. I find it hard to believe.

As I speak there are over one hundred people on this bulletin board, the majority unregistered. Probably Joe Public. And they see this sort of puerile nonsense coming from the people they used to trust their lives to.

Would it be possible for the children and inbreds to find another site to play on and leave this one to the grown ups?

(Sorry, had to get that one of my chest)

twistedenginestarter
15th Aug 2001, 11:06
Do you go into pubs and starting telling people whether their conversations are to your liking or not?

I'd advise against it...

Buzz Lightyear
15th Aug 2001, 11:41
Especially in Manchester!

Bally Heck
15th Aug 2001, 13:55
If I heard that sort of drivel in the pub I would tell them to stop, get out and go back to school and threaten them with the truant officer. Underage drinking is one thing but not not primary school kids. ;)

Tricky Woo
15th Aug 2001, 15:18
Hi All,

I've just re-read the entire MAN thread.

I now have a much better understanding of the word 'Onanism'.

I'm afraid that everytime the 'M' word comes up, poor Onan hops back onto his box for yet another rant. Sad really. From memory, Onan had a bad trip to Manchester a few years ago where some half-witted thugs racially abused his wife. While I agree that what happened is inexcusable, I think that tarring a whole city of 3.5 million people with the same brush is going a bit too far: Only 3.4 million Mancs are thugs, the rest of us are almost civilised, really.

Shame that this latest outburst screwed up a very interesting, very serious thread.

TW

160to4DME
15th Aug 2001, 16:47
I have to say I do have some sympathy for the security staff.
This morning, I witnessed one pilot creating a huge scene at security.
All he'd been asked to do was put his hat through the x-ray machine, which he point blank refused to do.
Considering the recent (and in my impression, foolhardy) media attempts to broach airport security, I can only applaud MAN for its efforts to be totally thorough in the screening of ALL people, irrespective of their uniform and number of chips or stripes on their shoulders. :eek:

SpanishFly
15th Aug 2001, 18:22
Tricky Woo

Come now Tricky Woo, Manchester has a population of 3.5 million???? According to Manchester Metropolitan University the population of the City of Manchester is: 432,600; the population of Greater Manchester is 2.6 million.

According to Liverpool John Moores University the population of the City of Liverpool is: 468,400; the population of Merseyside is:1.9 million.

Me thinks that Onan isn't the only w****r in this forum. Liar liar, keks on fire :D :D :D :D

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: SpanishFly ]

[ 15 August 2001: Message edited by: SpanishFly ]

Onan the Clumsy
15th Aug 2001, 20:00
Another Onan. Bummer, it took me a while to come up with that handle...

...well not that long really :D